D4LE, Stag Rooms: Sumai After-party (Open!)

Doji Dojihime

Re: D4LE, Stag Rooms: Sumai After-party (Open!)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:44 pm

She allowed her Aunt to speak first.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:33 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:31 pm
Talking about intelligent people, a wild Makime appears. Kinsen smiles behind her eyes, yet her golden eyes cannot deny the delight. "Makime-san, I pray Lady Sun has blessed you today with her warmth. How have you been?"

She closes her fan to provide a bow and soon pops it open again.
"The warmth was welcome, hopefully Lady Sun will continue provide the grounds with her grace." Ayano shifted her attention to the Lady of Stags, "I have been well, my proposal this morning seems to have more momentum behind it then I had hoped. One hopes it will remain as the magnitude of the project really dawns." She smiled wryly, "And yourself, how have you been Hantei-sama."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:04 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:33 pm
"The warmth was welcome, hopefully Lady Sun will continue provide the grounds with her grace." Ayano shifted her attention to the Lady of Stags, "I have been well, my proposal this morning seems to have more momentum behind it then I had hoped. One hopes it will remain as the magnitude of the project really dawns." She smiled wryly, "And yourself, how have you been Hantei-sama."
“I’ve been quite well. Thank you for minding, Makime-san. That is sweet of you.” Kinsen replies.

Taking note of the conversation they had previously, she asks, “I did see you addressing the dais, yet I was not too aware of the petition. Would that be the plan you mentioned earlier about ideas brought upon by your dear mother?”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:09 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:04 am
“I’ve been quite well. Thank you for minding, Makime-san. That is sweet of you.” Kinsen replies.

Taking note of the conversation they had previously, she asks, “I did see you addressing the dais, yet I was not too aware of the petition. Would that be the plan you mentioned earlier about ideas brought upon by your dear mother?”
Ayano glances down at the mention of her mother, looking a bit distant for the moment, her eyes focus again soon enough, "Yes...though grander then her original work. I believe she will find the idea of greater road network agreeable, likely during the spring envoys will be sent offering her experience to Lord Shiba."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:09 am
Ayano glances down at the mention of her mother, looking a bit distant for the moment, her eyes focus again soon enough, "Yes...though grander then her original work. I believe she will find the idea of greater road network agreeable, likely during the spring envoys will be sent offering her experience to Lord Shiba."
“Well. That is indeed commendable. I do expect my children to surpass what we parents do. No, I am sorry, I have faith. Expecting would be wrong, since they could do great things we wouldn’t even imagine.”

Kinsen smiles, “I am happy to know that Shiba-kami-heika is supporting the endeavor.”
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:14 am

"We simply build on the foundations our forebears have laid for us, our greatness is reliant on on the shoulders that have carried us," she said to her Aunt.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:40 am

"Makime-san, greetings! Thank you for coming. I found your proposal today quite fascinating. It would certainly do well to connect the clans of our Empire so."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:01 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 am
-snip-

Takane had been invited to the Stag after party specifically and while she had mixed feeling about it she figured it was a good start to what she came here to do. She wore her clan colors and strode into the party looking around to see who all was in attendance.

It seemed, unsurprisingly, to be mostly Stag in attendance but also a Crane, a Lion, and an Imperial just to name a few. It seemed the party did manage to bring many clans together. She observed for a moment, getting her social bearings as it were.

After a bit she went to the head Stag, waiting for a polite moment and gave her a deep bow "Hantei Kinsen-sama. Thank you very much for the invitation, the Sumai was very enjoyable." she said in her pleasant and surprisingly soft sounding voice.
Assistant to the GM * Prone to Rolling * Capricious *occasionally helpful

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:29 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:30 pm
"Par for the course with the Dragon, I assure you."
"So they usually breathe fire, then?" Gusai asks before topping off cups. "I think my one encounter has been a lucky one, then."

He grins. "I still have my eyebrows!"
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:37 am

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:14 am
"We simply build on the foundations our forebears have laid for us, our greatness is reliant on on the shoulders that have carried us," she said to her Aunt.
Kinsen provides a nod of certainty to Dojihime and notices the special invitation in attendance.
Tyrus wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:01 am
-le snip-
The Lady of the Stag bows to Takane in return, and greets her, "I hope Lady Sun has provided her warmth to Anjing-san. An honor to have your presence here. I am so happy that you enjoyed as well. Spectacular representation of the Crab today. Doji-san herself attested it out loud."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:29 am
"So they usually breathe fire, then?" Gusai asks before topping off cups. "I think my one encounter has been a lucky one, then."

He grins. "I still have my eyebrows!"
"So far, anyway... drink too much of this stuff and eyebrows may be the least of your worries..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:49 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am
"So far, anyway... drink too much of this stuff and eyebrows may be the least of your worries..."
Gusai nods and takes another pull.

"It's part of why the crew's ration of it gets cut while we're underway. Unless it's medicinal," he says, "in which case...here's to health!"
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:57 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:49 am
Gusai nods and takes another pull.

"It's part of why the crew's ration of it gets cut while we're underway. Unless it's medicinal," he says, "in which case...here's to health!"
"Cheers to that!"

Sora appeared to be weighing something, then thought better of it.

Not the place.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:02 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:57 am
"Cheers to that!"

Sora appeared to be weighing something, then thought better of it.

Not the place.
Gusai notes the pause, but says nothing about it as he drinks.

He does, however, gesture slightly towards the Crab with whom the Lady Hantei speaks. "Who's that?" he asks, referring to the former; clearly, he knows the latter.
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:09 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:02 pm
Gusai notes the pause, but says nothing about it as he drinks.

He does, however, gesture slightly towards the Crab with whom the Lady Hantei speaks. "Who's that?" he asks, referring to the former; clearly, he knows the latter.
"Anjing Takane. A representative of the Crab Clan, here to try and mend fences."

He sighed.

"She does what she can, but... you can't force march people to the opposite end of the Empire and expect things to run smoothly."

For his part, Sora was somewhat conflicted on the Crab. He'd thought Hida was an insufferable braggart when they met, but he had a measure of sympathy for the children of the Crab who'd been uprooted along with the adults- all over what had seemed to him to be Seidou tribal sour grapes and some... questionable advice.

But invading the Nezumi right after we'd signed a treaty with them? No way Shiba could let that slide.

"But I strongly suspect that she's about to find herself weathering a charm offensive, sprung as an ambush."

Because the Crane and Stag are both a lot less subtle than they think they are.

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Tyrus wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:01 am
After a bit she went to the head Stag, waiting for a polite moment and gave her a deep bow "Hantei Kinsen-sama. Thank you very much for the invitation, the Sumai was very enjoyable." she said in her pleasant and surprisingly soft sounding voice.
“I had some reservations on the candor of the sport, but it was highly enjoyable and Yoshitsune-san acquitted herself quite well,” she said with a flutter of her fan.

She added to Ayano, “I am pleased to see you again Makime-san, I would be interested to hear your assessment of the sumai matches.”

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:16 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:09 pm
"Anjing Takane. A representative of the Crab Clan, here to try and mend fences."

He sighed.

"She does what she can, but... you can't force march people to the opposite end of the Empire and expect things to run smoothly."

For his part, Sora was somewhat conflicted on the Crab. He'd thought Hida was an insufferable braggart when they met, but he had a measure of sympathy for the children of the Crab who'd been uprooted along with the adults- all over what had seemed to him to be Seidou tribal sour grapes and some... questionable advice.

But invading the Nezumi right after we'd signed a treaty with them? No way Shiba could let that slide.

"But I strongly suspect that she's about to find herself weathering a charm offensive, sprung as an ambush."

Because the Crane and Stag are both a lot less subtle than they think they are.
Gusai nods. "No, you can't force-march folks away from their homes and expect no problems."

He pulls from his drink. "There're a lot of Seppun who yearn for their old homeland. Even the ones who don't remember it, as such. Some of the older Otomo, too, though a lot of us stay on the sea; it's at least the same sea that touches the southern shores as the central ones."

Another sip at the drink. "The Lady Hantei is...formidable, certainly. But the stories say you've had occasion to learn that already."
Otomo Gusai

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 am
“Well. That is indeed commendable. I do expect my children to surpass what we parents do. No, I am sorry, I have faith. Expecting would be wrong, since they could do great things we wouldn’t even imagine.”

Kinsen smiles, “I am happy to know that Shiba-kami-heika is supporting the endeavor.”
"I hope Lady Makime will find my efforts to her satisfaction." Ayano replied. "Ah, it is a great boon but there is much to be done before even beginning to work in the field."
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:14 am
"Indeed and so future generations will build on our own work. So we had best be sure what we have left is solid." Ayano remarks. "Ah, the matches. Perhaps it best to hear from a competitor first." Her eyes shift to Genji.
Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:40 am
"Makime-san, greetings! Thank you for coming. I found your proposal today quite fascinating. It would certainly do well to connect the clans of our Empire so."
"Hantei Genji-sama, thank you. It is my hope it will also demonstrate what might be accomplished with joint effort. And lead to greater cooperation and standardization between the clans."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:46 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:40 am
"Hantei Genji-sama, thank you. It is my hope it will also demonstrate what might be accomplished with joint effort. And lead to greater cooperation and standardization between the clans."
"Sounds quite certain. It would be a huge feat, but such a feat requiring the clan's cooperation would only benefit the Empire." He smiled. "As well as the traders going through Lion lands, eh?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:33 pm

Dojihime smiled and said to Genji and Makime, “If it pleases you both, my brother Hadananzi intended to show Lady Ayano his many arts and skills and I was going to assist if you wish to join, Genji-kun, I would be honored.”