D4LE, Stag Rooms: Sumai After-party (Open!)

Otomo Gusai

Re: D4LE, Stag Rooms: Sumai After-party (Open!)

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:16 pm
And speaking of subtle, in wandered Jiyo Sora... without either wife or children in tow.

He took the measure of the room, shrugged, and found a wall to hang around next to.
Gusai walks over to him, makes his bow.

"Jiyo-sama! It was a pleasure to see you in the event!"
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:23 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 pm
Gusai walks over to him, makes his bow.

"Jiyo-sama! It was a pleasure to see you in the event!"
"Now I know you're just flattering an old man's vanity, Otomo-san. In truth, I found the formalized nature of the event a bit of an adjustment..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:23 pm
"Now I know you're just flattering an old man's vanity, Otomo-san. In truth, I found the formalized nature of the event a bit of an adjustment..."
Gusai nods. "You did seem to be holding back, to be sure. But I think many found the format unfamiliar." He shrugs. "Better, I think, than many other ways that things could be done.

"But," he continues, "more to the point for the evening: Care for a drink?"
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:40 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Genji smiled. "I saw her briefly before I was knocked out." He eyed the Crane, then her mother. "Should I be getting subtle hints here, between you Hime-chan, and my dear Mother?"
"Not at all, dear cousin... but if you feel inclined to act in a certain way then I would not stop you, nay I may encourage it," she said.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:41 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 pm
Gusai nods. "You did seem to be holding back, to be sure. But I think many found the format unfamiliar." He shrugs. "Better, I think, than many other ways that things could be done.

"But," he continues, "more to the point for the evening: Care for a drink?"
"Far be it from me to spurn gracious hospitality, Otomo-san. What's on offer?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:46 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:41 pm
"Far be it from me to spurn gracious hospitality, Otomo-san. What's on offer?"
"For you? I'll get something from my private stash," Gusai says. "We ship with it because it's...compact. For the crew, I have it cut with water, occasionally some fruit. For this...no."

He leaves and returns a moment later with two cups and a plain, plain bottle that he uncorks swiftly before pouring out generous measures for both. From the smell, it's well north of 80 proof. "Baijiu, it's called. Comes from another one of those little coastal villages I know. Moutai, as I recall."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:55 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:46 pm
"For you? I'll get something from my private stash," Gusai says. "We ship with it because it's...compact. For the crew, I have it cut with water, occasionally some fruit. For this...no."

He leaves and returns a moment later with two cups and a plain, plain bottle that he uncorks swiftly before pouring out generous measures for both. From the smell, it's well north of 80 proof. "Baijiu, it's called. Comes from another one of those little coastal villages I know. Moutai, as I recall."
"Never heard of Baiju..."

He took a sip.

"... but I'm glad to be making up for my ignorance on that score. What do they use this for, cleaning wounds? Has a kick, I bet Koyama'd appreciate it."

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:57 pm

As unto the sumai so to the after party comes the Lioness. Why were the Stag do insistent on evening activities. All this running around was leaving Ayano exhausted.

Not that she meant to show it.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:55 pm
"Never heard of Baiju..."

He took a sip.

"... but I'm glad to be making up for my ignorance on that score. What do they use this for, cleaning wounds? Has a kick, I bet Koyama'd appreciate it."
"Wounds, kettles, hulls," Gusai agrees, taking more than a sip. "Keep it well away from open flame, too, although there are some...interesting...party tricks that get done with it by some of the junior crew ashore."
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:57 pm
As unto the sumai so to the after party comes the Lioness. Why were the Stag do insistent on evening activities. All this running around was leaving Ayano exhausted.

Not that she meant to show it.
She waved the Lion over with a flutter of her fan, or was it more a beckons...
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:04 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 pm
"Wounds, kettles, hulls," Gusai agrees, taking more than a sip. "Keep it well away from open flame, too, although there are some...interesting...party tricks that get done with it by some of the junior crew ashore."
"Hm, sound slike something we should keep away from Satsuki-hime, too..."

He grinned- and then, spotting the Lion, raised his cup.

"Makime-san! That road idea you brought up in court was excellent!"

He didn't appear too concerned about needing a reply.

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:04 pm
"Hm, sound slike something we should keep away from Satsuki-hime, too..."

He grinned- and then, spotting the Lion, raised his cup.

"Makime-san! That road idea you brought up in court was excellent!"

He didn't appear too concerned about needing a reply.
"It was!" Gusai adds to the chorus.

"But what's this about--who, again?"
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:13 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 pm
"It was!" Gusai adds to the chorus.

"But what's this about--who, again?"
"Ah. Togashi Satsuki-san. As a friend of the family, I use a nickname more often than not. Anyway."

Sip.

"She breathes fire sometimes."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:18 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:13 pm
"Ah. Togashi Satsuki-san. As a friend of the family, I use a nickname more often than not. Anyway."

Sip.

"She breathes fire sometimes."
Gusai does a double-take, then looks at his cup intently.

"Is this larger than I thought? Because I'd swear I just heard you say she breathes fire."

The eye swivels towards Sora. "That is what you said, yes?"
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:19 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:18 pm
Gusai does a double-take, then looks at his cup intently.

"Is this larger than I thought? Because I'd swear I just heard you say she breathes fire."

The eye swivels towards Sora. "That is what you said, yes?"
"Yep."

Sip.

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:25 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:19 pm
"Yep."

Sip.
"Wow."

Gusai does not argue the point. He does, however, say "I think I will be careful if she ever rides aboard the Venture, then."
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:25 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:23 pm
"Did Genji-kun see the strength and beauty of Yoshitsune-san during the sumai matches?" she added playfully to her cousin.
Kinsen tries not to wink to Dojihime... yeah, she gives a wink.
Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Genji smiled. "I saw her briefly before I was knocked out." He eyed the Crane, then her mother. "Should I be getting subtle hints here, between you Hime-chan, and my dear Mother?"
"I did mention there are plenty of intelligent people around. Neh~" Kinsen pops her fan open and starts to flutter it a bit to refreshen her snarky-snarky payback.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:25 pm
"Wow."

Gusai does not argue the point. He does, however, say "I think I will be careful if she ever rides aboard the Venture, then."
"Par for the course with the Dragon, I assure you."

Current Theme

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 pm
She waved the Lion over with a flutter of her fan, or was it more a beckons...
Ayano obliged, though hearing the comments from Sora and Gusai caused her to pause a moment. "Thank you, it will be a challenge of logistics, planning, and labor...but the I believe the end result will be worth the effort. Please excuse me." And she continued on to the Stag and Crane.

"Good evening Doji-sama, Hantei-sama." Ayano dipped her head in a small bow.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:31 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm
"Good evening Doji-sama, Hantei-sama." Ayano dipped her head in a small bow.
Talking about intelligent people, a wild Makime appears. Kinsen smiles behind her eyes, yet her golden eyes cannot deny the delight. "Makime-san, I pray Lady Sun has blessed you today with her warmth. How have you been?"

She closes her fan to provide a bow and soon pops it open again.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0