D4LE, Stag Rooms: Sumai After-party (Open!)

Jiyo Sora

Re: D4LE, Stag Rooms: Sumai After-party (Open!)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:58 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:53 pm
"And calluses might build up, but they blunt feeling."

Another nod.

"It makes sense, really. But there's no way to live without collecting such scars. At least, not and do anything. And there's a lot as needs doing, even without," he gestures around.
"That there is."

Like squashing power grabs.

"The older I get, the more I find that the exercise of power is only partially about planning, and partially about adept improvisation."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:58 pm
"That there is."

Like squashing power grabs.

"The older I get, the more I find that the exercise of power is only partially about planning, and partially about adept improvisation."
"I've been told I should study more arts," Gusai replies. "I might take up acting. What kind of role seems to present itself?"

I guess this is about the conversation yesterday at the shrine, that damned mutiny brewing.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:04 pm
"I've been told I should study more arts," Gusai replies. "I might take up acting. What kind of role seems to present itself?"

I guess this is about the conversation yesterday at the shrine, that damned mutiny brewing.
"If I told you, Otomo-san, would it really be an improvisation?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 pm
"If I told you, Otomo-san, would it really be an improvisation?"
Gusai gives a puff of laughter.

"Fair point, Jiro-sama, and taken," he says. "I wonder how the coming production the Crane propose will go."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:13 pm
Gusai gives a puff of laughter.

"Fair point, Jiro-sama, and taken," he says. "I wonder how the coming production the Crane propose will go."
Sora chuckled.

"I expect to find it very... amusing."

I may laugh myself into an internal rupture, in fact.

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:15 pm
Sora chuckled.

"I expect to find it very... amusing."

I may laugh myself into an internal rupture, in fact.
"Will you be acting in it?" Gusai asks, voice innocent enough. "I've seen some of their recruitment efforts. I'd guess no few will be taken in by them."
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:28 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:19 pm
"Will you be acting in it?" Gusai asks, voice innocent enough. "I've seen some of their recruitment efforts. I'd guess no few will be taken in by them."
"Bah, I'm no actor. Besides. I'm not sure I'd fit the style of the production."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:28 pm
"Bah, I'm no actor. Besides. I'm not sure I'd fit the style of the production."
"Who might, though?" Gusai asks. "And, more, who might be poised to take leading roles in future productions, if things go well this time around?"
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:29 pm
"Who might, though?" Gusai asks. "And, more, who might be poised to take leading roles in future productions, if things go well this time around?"
"Not sure. But if you cast a wide net, you can never be sure what you'll pull up..."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:48 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:01 pm
"Not sure. But if you cast a wide net, you can never be sure what you'll pull up..."
Gusai chuckles. It's a metaphor whose vehicle is all too familiar to him.

"And all too often some detritus," he says, "or some fish not worth the time it takes to haul up."
Otomo Gusai

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:52 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:28 pm
"I think we will have much to discuss and contemplate in the coming days, Makime-san," she said warmly.
Ayano blushed slightly, "Yes, but hopefully not all on the subject of alliances. I admire your clan's skill at the arts. My family has worked to perfect silk and its production but the Crane tailors have truly made that silk it to sublime beauty."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:29 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:52 pm
Ayano blushed slightly, "Yes, but hopefully not all on the subject of alliances. I admire your clan's skill at the arts. My family has worked to perfect silk and its production but the Crane tailors have truly made that silk it to sublime beauty."
"Of course not, I have it on good authority that my brother is excited to share his artistic talents with you on the morrow, and he has enlisted me to aid him," she responded warmly.

"I am honored to be apart of the endeavor."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:53 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:48 pm
Gusai chuckles. It's a metaphor whose vehicle is all too familiar to him.

"And all too often some detritus," he says, "or some fish not worth the time it takes to haul up."
"Just so. I suppose we'll see..."

Sora's smile was a bit... grim.

"Just what do you know about the play's subject, if you don't mind my asking?"

Current Theme

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:18 am

"The new arts coming out in the Empire have certainly raised my interest. I dabble in poetry, but that is the extent of my meagre skills, alas." He smiled at the other kuge, a bright, ever cheerful smile reminiscent of the Sun herself. From a certain point of view. "What specific arts do you have in mind, minnasan?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:39 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:53 am
"Just so. I suppose we'll see..."

Sora's smile was a bit... grim.

"Just what do you know about the play's subject, if you don't mind my asking?"
"From what I gather," Gusai replies, "there's a work talking about how a particularly glorious flower needs protecting and isolating. Its sunset-colored blooms should not be exposed to the wind and rain, I think it was, so that it can thrive--although the bees would suffer, I think, from being chased away by those who would tend it.

"Nor, if I guess correctly, would the flower do well for not seeing the bees."

I wonder if that's circumspect enough.
Otomo Gusai

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:43 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:29 am
"Of course not, I have it on good authority that my brother is excited to share his artistic talents with you on the morrow, and he has enlisted me to aid him," she responded warmly.

"I am honored to be apart of the endeavor."
Ayano blinked then realization, "Ah...yes Nanzi-sama was most eager during our conversation. I look forward to it as well, it is not often I have a chance to contemplate forms of expression outside of the technical work Lady Makime requires."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:43 pm
Ayano blinked then realization, "Ah...yes Nanzi-sama was most eager during our conversation. I look forward to it as well, it is not often I have a chance to contemplate forms of expression outside of the technical work Lady Makime requires."
"My brother has many talents, you are in good hands Makime-san," she responded.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:59 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:39 am
"From what I gather," Gusai replies, "there's a work talking about how a particularly glorious flower needs protecting and isolating. Its sunset-colored blooms should not be exposed to the wind and rain, I think it was, so that it can thrive--although the bees would suffer, I think, from being chased away by those who would tend it.

"Nor, if I guess correctly, would the flower do well for not seeing the bees."

I wonder if that's circumspect enough.
Sora chuckled.

"A sheltered flower my well prosper, but it'll never flourish, that much is certain- and it would exist at the mercy of the gardeners. Much like those funny little trees everyone was making the other day..."

Current Theme

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:07 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:59 pm
Sora chuckled.

"A sheltered flower my well prosper, but it'll never flourish, that much is certain- and it would exist at the mercy of the gardeners. Much like those funny little trees everyone was making the other day..."
"I believe I missed that," Gusai replies. "But I'd guess you're a man who'd rather see the flower flourish, even if it does have many bees buzzing around it?"
Otomo Gusai

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:05 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:07 pm
"I believe I missed that," Gusai replies. "But I'd guess you're a man who'd rather see the flower flourish, even if it does have many bees buzzing around it?"
"Naturally. A gardener should be focused on weeds and pests, not pruning the plant."

Current Theme