[D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Doji Dojihime

Re: [D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:44 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:03 pm
"I don't like strangers or large groups." She said plainly with a shrug. "But, as I said, I don't think I dislike it. Simply not liking it doesn't mean disliking it - neutrality exists in between."

"I'm much more at home in a library or in the dojo."
"You and my sister are alike, she prefers the quiet," she mused lightly.

"So it's more an uncomfortable situation that you are opposed to, but not something that outright offends you. I grew up around these kinds of activities, mother was insistent that we know how to act proper in every situation," Dojihime responded.

"Of course being who we are, people will flock to us no matter our desires."
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:53 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:03 pm
"I don't like strangers or large groups." She said plainly with a shrug. "But, as I said, I don't think I dislike it. Simply not liking it doesn't mean disliking it - neutrality exists in between."

"I'm much more at home in a library or in the dojo."
"You might like my father then. My, that's an odd pairing to think of. There's also Hisomu Machiko-san...but as a very old friend, she is a potent brew of tea, and not one to everyone's taste." A smile touches Susumu's lips at the thought.

" Have you been to the Imperial Archives yet then? "
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 pm

Giving her cousin time to speak with the handsome Spider she spied Hikaru and waved him over with her fan... nothing gauche, very Doji and very posh.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:02 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:44 pm
"You and my sister are alike, she prefers the quiet," she mused lightly.

"So it's more an uncomfortable situation that you are opposed to, but not something that outright offends you. I grew up around these kinds of activities, mother was insistent that we know how to act proper in every situation," Dojihime responded.

"Of course being who we are, people will flock to us no matter our desires."
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:53 pm
"You might like my father then. My, that's an odd pairing to think of. There's also Hisomu Machiko-san...but as a very old friend, she is a potent brew of tea, and not one to everyone's taste." A smile touches Susumu's lips at the thought.

" Have you been to the Imperial Archives yet then? "
Or I'm just a lot like father. I understand why he prefers peace and quiet.

"Yeah, odd pairings indeed," she mused with some humor as she was compared to these people she barely knew.

"I don't know. I think people will flock to those who seek to make a difference in the world, whether they be children of the Kami or not. I don't think, being the children we are, that we nescessarily will be as skilled as our parents, or that we are worthier than those not born of the Kami." Satsuki nodded to Susumu at that. "Fortunes favor the mortal man, Shinsei says."

The mention of the archives did spark an interest. "I've had some time to visit the library here, yeah. It's about the same size as the one in Great Falls, but it has other texts and scrolls I've not read before. Before the snow melts away completely, I hope to spend more time there. See what I can learn. Which reminds me, I'll be hosting a forum on matters theological and of the elements, to gain a better understanding of how the different clans practice different methods of worship or magical practices. I'd be honored if either of you would attend, to participate or to observe."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:07 pm

"I am sure everyone would have come to the capital to watch two peasants be wed," she said with a light laugh from behind her fan.

"Who we are matters a great deal even if we are not our parents. Fortune may favor the mortal woman, but not all women start on the same level."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 pm
Giving her cousin time to speak with the handsome Spider she spied Hikaru and waved him over with her fan... nothing gauche, very Doji and very posh.
Dutiful as always, Hikaru approached, bowing as he drew to the appropriate distance.

"Doji-sama." He said, straightening. "May I assist you?" It was how he habitually greeting members of Doji's household in social situations. His pale eyes had gone from thoughtful to alert, even attentive.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Something flickers in Susumu's eyes at the Crane princess' words, but the rest of his face remains unmoving and he does not comment on them. Instead, he turns to Satsuki.

"That sounds...well, to be completely honest, I've never had the touch of the spiritual so most of the rituals would be far outside my ken, but that would be something I know at least one of our shugenja would be interested in, and Lord Hisomu would as well. I would learn all I could to share with him upon my return."
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:45 pm

"I'll consider it," she said calmly to the Dragon.
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:09 pm
Dutiful as always, Hikaru approached, bowing as he drew to the appropriate distance.

"Doji-sama." He said, straightening. "May I assist you?" It was how he habitually greeting members of Doji's household in social situations. His pale eyes had gone from thoughtful to alert, even attentive.
"Yes," she said to her subordinate.

"Be at ease, Hikaru-san, have you heard of anything untoward or nefarious against my sister or her beloved husband?" she asked quietly from behind her fan. He was a bushi and this seemed more in his arena.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:46 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:05 am
"Makime-sama, thank you for leading off the charge. Not everyone is brave enough to stand on the front line and risk the foe's first volley." A cheerful Kogi (at least, the limited amount of Kogi that can be seen appears in good spirits) appears at Ayano's side.
Ayano smiles at that, "I was moved to passion by the debate, I only wish my memory had not failed me and I had been able to provide good example blend."

She nods to the rest of the debaters, "Seems that tea has more and more persuasive followers at present." The Lioness resists the urge to glance at the clearly inebriated Genji. "Though....the other side has a passionate adherents to it seems."
"I'm surprised... happily surprised by the dedication everyone has shown to this little game." Kogi laughs softly, making the veil ripple over her nose and mouth. "It seems both tea and wine are objects of passion. It makes sense... well," she leans in a little bit, as if conveying a diplomatic secret, "at least the advantage of organizing is that I alone don't have to choose a side."
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:57 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:07 pm
"I am sure everyone would have come to the capital to watch two peasants be wed," she said with a light laugh from behind her fan.

"Who we are matters a great deal even if we are not our parents. Fortune may favor the mortal woman, but not all women start on the same level."
"If I were invited and I liked them, I probably would," Satsuki smiled cheerfully.
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:37 pm
Something flickers in Susumu's eyes at the Crane princess' words, but the rest of his face remains unmoving and he does not comment on them. Instead, he turns to Satsuki.

"That sounds...well, to be completely honest, I've never had the touch of the spiritual so most of the rituals would be far outside my ken, but that would be something I know at least one of our shugenja would be interested in, and Lord Hisomu would as well. I would learn all I could to share with him upon my return."
"I hope that it can be an enlightening forum even for those who are not priests. Matters of theology and spellcraft are not limited exclusively to priests, I think, and I hope that the members of the Order of Heroes will be present too. Besides, it's always a good thing to learn more about things you don't know anything about!" A couple of fierce nods accompanied the statement.

"Ignorance is the darkness that is dispelled with the light that is knowledge. My mother is very much an advocate for expanding better education and teaching to all the people in our land, even those who work in the fields or are craftsmen, and not just the warriors and priests. As she would say; "Teaching and learning is the path to understanding and a greater harmony in the world. This is important from the highest lord to the humblest farmer. For if you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.""
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:59 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:57 pm
"If I were invited and I liked them, I probably would," Satsuki smiled cheerfully.
"You are a precious angel, dearest cousin," she said kindly and with sincerity, "But the vast majority that are here would not and they would be dishonest if they said they would be."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:01 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:45 pm
"Yes," she said to her subordinate.

"Be at ease, Hikaru-san, have you heard of anything untoward or nefarious against my sister or her beloved husband?" she asked quietly from behind her fan. He was a bushi and this seemed more in his arena.
Hikaru was already at about as much ease as he ever was while in social situations. Which wasn't very. "I assume you mean recently?" He frowned. "Nothing that bears mentioning. As always, I stand ready to defend the honor of the Doji, as required."

He looked at her sidelong with his pale eyes. "Is there something you find yourself concerned about, Doji-sama?"
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:04 pm

She nodded and said quietly, "I had a less than satisfying encounter with a Bat samurai by the name of Kakita. He seems to have an unhealthy interest in my dear sister."

"I do not wish to misjudge this samurai, but if you know of them I would be eager to know more,"
she said from behind her fan.

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:18 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:57 pm

"I hope that it can be an enlightening forum even for those who are not priests. Matters of theology and spellcraft are not limited exclusively to priests, I think, and I hope that the members of the Order of Heroes will be present too. Besides, it's always a good thing to learn more about things you don't know anything about!" A couple of fierce nods accompanied the statement.

"Ignorance is the darkness that is dispelled with the light that is knowledge. My mother is very much an advocate for expanding better education and teaching to all the people in our land, even those who work in the fields or are craftsmen, and not just the warriors and priests. As she would say; "Teaching and learning is the path to understanding and a greater harmony in the world. This is important from the highest lord to the humblest farmer. For if you suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.""
"You first make thieves and then punish them." Susumu seems to think on the words. "That's very well said" He looks over at the pair of Crane having a conversation

"Should we give them a bit of space. You mentioned that you don't like crowds, and you've been"

A surprise really

Words unsaid that Susumu quickly marshalls into a new sentence. "A font of knowledge."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:27 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:04 pm
She nodded and said quietly, "I had a less than satisfying encounter with a Bat samurai by the name of Kakita. He seems to have an unhealthy interest in my dear sister."

"I do not wish to misjudge this samurai, but if you know of them I would be eager to know more,"
she said from behind her fan.
"Kakita-san?" Frowning, Hikaru leaned a little closer, pitching his voice lower. "I know of him, yes. He was once a Crane by the name of Nanzi Hayaku. But... he died, years ago."

Hikaru took a breath. "Now he..." a pause, Hikaru's lips pressing together as he sought the right word, "-lives with the Bat. He is different, and yet not different. A good man, both before and after his first death. I could see why you might have had a strange interaction with him, though. There is a strange intensity about him." Hikaru gave the tiniest of shrugs. Perhaps that was normal for those who came back from beyond the veil?

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:28 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:08 pm

"Oh? How lovely!" Genji replied with a wide smile, and some red cheeks. "Certainly, this wedding and court does seem to draw in people from all oer the Empire. "I am glad though, it is a good opportunity. Otherwise we wouldn't have met!" He gestured wildly. "Ano...did Akodo-san take part in the ball the other day?"
Kawauso smiles in polite disbelief, blinking several times before she speaks. "Well, there was a woman of very similar height... with a rather fetching, hand carved stag mask..." she says with a warm but sarcastic voice, trying to trigger his memory. "But perhaps she was too, um, awestruck to be me?" The Lion watches the Stag Prince with rather predatory eyes, curious whether he's too far into Team Wine at the moment for her little joke.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:32 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:51 pm
"I'm surprised... happily surprised by the dedication everyone has shown to this little game." Kogi laughs softly, making the veil ripple over her nose and mouth. "It seems both tea and wine are objects of passion. It makes sense... well," she leans in a little bit, as if conveying a diplomatic secret, "at least the advantage of organizing is that I alone don't have to choose a side."
"Or you have chosen a side, which is dominant at this time, and have chosen not to intercede to maintain the appearance of neutrality." Ayano replied with a small smile, "This unexpected confinement has seen a great many scrambling for entertainment...both to provide it and indulge."

She glances out at the crowd, "What prompted you to choose such a topic, if I may ask. I would say it does provide for some safe discussion but...passion can always boil over."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:36 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:28 pm
...predatory eyes...
Kinsen suddenly narrows her eyes, that are visible just enough over the rim of her sake cup as she drinks and observes.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:47 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:27 pm
"Kakita-san?" Frowning, Hikaru leaned a little closer, pitching his voice lower. "I know of him, yes. He was once a Crane by the name of Nanzi Hayaku. But... he died, years ago."

Hikaru took a breath. "Now he..." a pause, Hikaru's lips pressing together as he sought the right word, "-lives with the Bat. He is different, and yet not different. A good man, both before and after his first death. I could see why you might have had a strange interaction with him, though. There is a strange intensity about him." Hikaru gave the tiniest of shrugs. Perhaps that was normal for those who came back from beyond the veil?
"Died?" she responded.

"He seems rather well for a dead man."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:50 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:18 pm
"You first make thieves and then punish them." Susumu seems to think on the words. "That's very well said" He looks over at the pair of Crane having a conversation

"Should we give them a bit of space. You mentioned that you don't like crowds, and you've been"

A surprise really

Words unsaid that Susumu quickly marshalls into a new sentence. "A font of knowledge."
"Probably an idea, yeah..." it would be rude to overhear what the Cranes were craning about. Or did cranes squawk? Crow? Scream?

She didn't mind shifting a bit away from Hikaru and Dojihime, though she offered Hikaru a sympathetic look since he was called out of his enjoyement here to tend to the princess.

"Font of knowledge? I don't know if I would go that far myself... I owe it to my parents for teaching me well. And well, I've had a pretty strange array of teachers growing up," Satsuki chuckled warmly. There was just a firey vibrance to her being.

"I find that the best way to learn is to just ask questions! Like, we should never be embarrassed about asking to learn more, neh? Like how I asked you earlier what you were trained to be - I had only met warriors so far from the Spider, so I was curious if that was an overarching trend of the Spiders present or not. And ta-da! I then learned you had an eclectic upbringing too!"
Theme | Profile