[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Doji Dojihime

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:29 pm

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:26 pm
He nods deferentially, "Perhaps... if Destiny wills it to be so."
"A truly selfless man, does he not want for anything?" she mused lightly.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:32 pm

Hadananzi turned to wait for Kakita's answer, clearly intrigued by Dojihime's inquiry as well.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:38 pm

"Only to fulfill my destiny... and walk that path with no regret." He replied simply.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:41 pm

"Well, perhaps your destiny will find its way to you with due haste. One never knows where such things will arise, so it's best to keep one's eyes, and mind, open to the opportunities. But I digress, we shouldn't want to keep Bat-san from fulfilling his duties, lonesome though they may be, any longer than propriety permits." Hadananzi bowed to Kakita. "I thank you for your time, it has been most enlightening."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:47 pm

"I can only hope to be so lucky. I will keep a watchful eye. I once had a teacher who told me, 'To expect surprise is the only way to avoid it.' I hope to remain attentive for the proper moment when Destiny will reveal itself to me." He bowed.

"It was truly my great pleasure."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:50 pm

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:38 pm
"Only to fulfill my destiny... and walk that path with no regret." He replied simply.
She tarried a moment longer to satisfy her curiosity.

“And what is this Destiny you wish to fulfill? Surely it has to be something concrete and defined or you could be waiting forever for it to reveal itself to you. I admire such dedication but surely there is something more pressing that could aid your journey to this grand destiny?” she offered from behind her fan.

“Even a simple man desires water.”

OOC: Utilizing Soul of Honor to determine what Kakita could need or what we can do to help him...

Soul of Honor versus Etiquette Courtesy + Awareness: 7d10ro1o10k5+5 39
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 pm

He replied plainly, "I am a blade... destined to protect those under the divine sight of the Lady Amaterasu. I am pulled to go where there are threats to the safety of those she watches over."

He bowed, "I stand in no need of additional assistance at this time Lady Dojihime. I am blessed with friends and associates who support me in my duties and the guidance of my superiors in achieving my aims. A simple man... but not an unlucky one."

----

D4 "I'm good, really." Dojihime at Court Defense VP: 7d10o10k5 39

We tie... so in theory we'd reroll, but Kakita is being genuine here. You'd feel he has a decent sense of his purpose and no strong need for additional favors... Things seem to be taken care of.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:04 pm

"May you serve my honored Grandmother well, she is a most demanding woman," she offered kindly.

The man seemed content to be about his business and that was dismissal enough. She turned to Hadananzi and waited for the Bat to depart.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Kakita bowed to the pair of them and walked from the spot he had previously been occupying.

The world seemed to slow again and he felt he could hear it... the disruption in the rhythm of the void...

I see... I was born into this world to defeat this man...

He found a place in the crowd near his charge... and bided... bided until the rhythm would fall back into place.

Shosuro... I trust you...

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:12 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:41 pm
"Well, perhaps your destiny will find its way to you with due haste. One never knows where such things will arise, so it's best to keep one's eyes, and mind, open to the opportunities. But I digress, we shouldn't want to keep Bat-san from fulfilling his duties, lonesome though they may be, any longer than propriety permits." Hadananzi bowed to Kakita. "I thank you for your time, it has been most enlightening."
"A strange one, what drew you to him? He seems devastatingly drab and rigid," she said from behind her fan.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Hadananzi waited for Kakita to move an adequate distance out of earshot, then turned to Dojihime with a smile. "I have my reasons for my interest. I wanted to gauge the man brazen enough I bear the name Kakita." He paused briefly. "It was quite magnanimous of you to offer to assist Bat-san with his endeavors, but perhaps he is being too modest. No man stands alone in the empire, and he did mention friends. Perhaps if we were to identify these friends of his we might discover more about what he seems to believe is his destiny."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:16 pm
Hadananzi waited for Kakita to move an adequate distance out of earshot, then turned to Dojihime with a smile. "I have my reasons for my interest. I wanted to gauge the man brazen enough I bear the name Kakita." He paused briefly. "It was quite magnanimous of you to offer to assist Bat-san with his endeavors, but perhaps he is being too modest. No man stands alone in the empire, and he did mention friends. Perhaps if we were to identify these friends of his we might discover more about what he seems to believe is his destiny."
“When in doubt, dear brother, kill with kindness,” she offered with mild amusement.

“He’s a cast out, if he was worthy of the name in truth he would be a Crane instead he parades as a Bat, whoever or he was, he certainly sees himself as the hero of whatever tale he believes he is living. He haunts the steps of my sister and any man who feels he is worthy of her company is going to draw my scrutiny.”

She gave a slight glance at his mention of reasons for interest but did not press it. Dojihime added, “You do know how to tease, but yes… we should suss out these so-called friends and determine this Destiny he feels he must fulfill. If he did not intrigue you I would quickly forget him but now you have me intrigued.”

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 pm
“When in doubt, dear brother, kill with kindness,” she offered with mild amusement.

“He’s a cast out, if he was worthy of the name in truth he would be a Crane instead he parades as a Bat, whoever or he was, he certainly sees himself as the hero of whatever tale he believes he is living. He haunts the steps of my sister and any man who feels he is worthy of her company is going to draw my scrutiny.”

She gave a slight glance at his mention of reasons for interest but did not press it. Dojihime added, “You do know how to tease, but yes… we should suss out these so-called friends and determine this Destiny he feels he must fulfill. If he did not intrigue you I would quickly forget him but now you have me intrigued.”
Hadananzi nodded idly, not allowing his gaze to move to Kakita even though his thoughts remained upon the man. "I was not aware that he was haunting my dear wife's steps. I should keep a weathered eye upon that." He frowned briefly, then shook his head. "Be circumspect dear sister. I'd like to learn about this strange Destiny he speaks of, but would hate to draw the Crane into something that may best be handled as a personal matter."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 pm

"Any threat to a single Crane is a threat to all Crane, doubly so for one so close to my younger sister," she said calmly to Hadananzi.

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm

"With that I cannot argue. Come, dear sister, let us return our attention to the courtly proceedings, for the moment at least I should welcome the distraction."

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm
"With that I cannot argue. Come, dear sister, let us return our attention to the courtly proceedings, for the moment at least I should welcome the distraction."
"Lead the way dear brother," she said returning a smile to her lips.

"A distraction would be enjoyable."

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:05 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:58 pm

"Lead the way dear brother," she said returning a smile to her lips.

"A distraction would be enjoyable."
"Let us hope there is another among those gathered who can prove so entertaining as the Bat." He gestured with one arm, then led the way towards the center of the crowd with a calm, confident step.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:05 pm
"Let us hope there is another among those gathered who can prove so entertaining as the Bat." He gestured with one arm, then led the way towards the center of the crowd with a calm, confident step.
"I like the way you think, dear brother," she replied with a light laugh from behind her fan.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:08 pm

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:10 pm
Kakita bowed to the pair of them and walked from the spot he had previously been occupying.

The world seemed to slow again and he felt he could hear it... the disruption in the rhythm of the void...

I see... I was born into this world to defeat this man...

He found a place in the crowd near his charge... and bided... bided until the rhythm would fall back into place.

Shosuro... I trust you...
"Remain calm, Kakita-san." Rei said softly. "All will be well."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Kakita felt the world slip back into time and he join its flow more fully.

He nodded to his lady, "Those with pure purpose have the strength to never fall. I know my purpose... things are well."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-