OOC Chat

Nozomi

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Nozomi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:05 pm

Kinsen, I gotta say. I love that so often your icon choice is a perfect, innocent smile that looks like "Screw with my husband and I can absolutely tear your face off! More tea?" It's very very Kinsen.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:06 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:56 pm
Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:47 pm
Hm. Maybe I should have brought Dawei back...
Would have made three PCs left over from the first game who had also been in the second... Dawei, Sora, and Kinsen.
I'd thought of that, and we could have an old-folks gathering. :lol:

Honestly, though, while Dawei could have more story, I envision him being close to packing off to Volturnum to take up carving in earnest and turning the dojo and the School over to Youko (whom I have ready as a backup character in case it's needed). But us whippersnappers...
Mind you, depending on
A) His surviving to see it
B) The scale of the timeskip until the next one
C) What mechanical options become available

I'm not sure who I'll be running next time... Birb has some notions about Sora's twin daughters (I mean, they weren't MY idea :lol: ) which refer to characters I have zero familiarity with that I'm not sure I could capture, his son is a wee tyke, and Baby #4 is an as-yet undefined bloodline security character 8-)

Maybe I'll run one of his disciples instead of one of his kids if it comes to that.
It'll be interesting to see how your organization develops across generations, yeah.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:17 pm

So much left to do to build this empire...

So little time.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:18 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:17 pm

So little time.
Alright, everyone. You heard the lady. We need to punch all the trees until we have enough wood to finish building this place before the next patch!
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:19 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:

So little time.
Build us an empire worthy of Mordor.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:27 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:19 pm
Now that just sounds ominous.

We will build one worthy of Nargothrond instead!
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:28 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:19 pm
With Sora's eye?
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:

So little time.
*rolls up her sleeves* Time for Architect lady to shine!
Nozomi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:18 pm
Alright, everyone. You heard the lady. We need to punch all the trees until we have enough wood to finish building this place before the next patch!
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:37 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:03 pm
And I see that somehow, those bad life habits you've been teaching Shiba's kids still haven't gotten you executed. Did he ever teach them how to use that blowgun?
Naturally. How else were they to defend themselves from the squirrel conspiracy?

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how Shiba's kids act, if they show up for any amount of time- all jokes aside, people raised by Shiba, Jiyo and Yuzuru with Sora as their babysitter and guard dog could be very interesting young adults.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 pm

I'm definitely curious myself. The second generation's Genji will almost certainly be an unusual thing compared to Hantei Genji himself.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 pm
Nozomi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:18 pm
*snickers* It works in Monkcraft (tm)!

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 pm

>_>

No fights? Good.

I'll leave y'all with Hsieh-Hsieh for tonight then.

:fox: Judgemental staring.

And Doji-Doji is correct, I am not a PC in this game.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 pm
:fox: Judgemental staring.
Bah, I was stared at by the legendary Han-Han!

Gotta go some to beat THAT disapproval!
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:04 pm
Albino. She is an albino whose hair darkened when she aged to maturity, but who still has blood-red eyes and an unhealthily ghostly pallor to her skin.

(Hence why I elected to use Raven Branwen from RWBY as a play-by. They're both in their 30s, have similar facial features, some of the same demeanor something close to a kimono on and the like. Her pesky hair's the main problem, since Nozomi keeps it short and Raven does NOT.)
You did a good crop-job! I didn't recognize that as Raven until you mentioned it!
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:55 pm

Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 pm
You did a good crop-job! I didn't recognize that as Raven until you mentioned it!
Yeah, I had to cherry pick pretty carefully with Raven's art. I like the character, but her hair, glowing eyes and sword are extremely prominent and iconic in her art (along with the bow that remind me of Reimu Hakurei every time I see it). I found 2-3 that were perfect for my purposes, and I wanted one that was much more clearly well into late 20s or the 30s. I'm glad the crop job works.

Especially since ... Nozomi is NOT a dead-beat mom like Raven "Everyone gets one" Branwen. :lol:

Ryoshun Ume

Post by Ryoshun Ume » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 pm

I thought about bringing back Umeno, but she was 100% built for combat, and I learned my lesson with MS's Dragon court on that.
Bat Clan 🦇 Cobbler/Tailor/Gardener/Singer/Storyteller/Painter/Potter 🦇 Courtier 🦇 Serene 🦇 Gentle 🦇 Senior Diplomat

Glory 2.0 | Status 3.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Wears: Dark grey kimono with Red under kimono, Or lighter grey with white under kimono

Current Theme

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:03 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:05 pm
Kinsen, I gotta say. I love that so often your icon choice is a perfect, innocent smile that looks like "Screw with my husband and I can absolutely tear your face off! More tea?" It's very very Kinsen.
Oh, you're so kind and perceptive, Nozomi-chan! I appreciate the love very much. Imagine now with the child nearby, how more protective that can get.

:3

Lovely avatar, by the way. Deep red-fiery eyes.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Raven certainly isn't the one to look to for mothering advice for sure :lol:
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Hida Ume wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 pm
I thought about bringing back Umeno, but she was 100% built for combat, and I learned my lesson with MS's Dragon court on that.
Poor Umeno would have felt sooooo out of place around here. Haha. It's so messy for the non-courtly types. Nozomi thankfully isn't 'awful' at all courtly things. She's just not good at them.
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:03 pm
Oh, you're so kind and perceptive, Nozomi-chan! I appreciate the love very much. Imagine now with the child nearby, how more protective that can get.

:3

Lovely avatar, by the way. Deep red-fiery eyes.
Yeah she's got such a Mama Bear air to her. ^_^. She was building it up in Heavenfall already. And thanks. I was glad to find a character that perfect.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:15 pm

Hida Ume wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 pm
Ahem.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*gasp*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, no, Sora's going to be total and utter mechanical TRASH in this game.

Disturbing Countenance plus Awareness 2 bay-bee.

At least I bought off his Antisocial between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. :lol:

Current Theme