[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Hisomu Fumi

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:40 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:37 am
With a graceful turn, Hikaru bowed. "Greetings to you, Hisomu-san." Hikaru said, his voice deep and soft. "And "And you, Hisomu-san? This is your first wedding, or so I gather?"
"It is my first and is not. The only one I ever attended was that of Hisomu Kanna and the then Ryoshun Mai of the Bat. I was quite the small child, and the reception was a quieter affair."

"You see, this is my first time leaving the lands of the Spider. Is this the way of gatherings in Crane lands?" She paused, "you mentioned when you are on duty? I don't see a charge. Are you perhaps a guard?"
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:48 am

Anjing Sagara finally was able to join the rest of guests in the great hall after leaving her gift behind. Not much might have been expected from the Crab when it came to courtly manners, but the samurai-ko had done her best. The samurai-ko grabbed a cup of sake the first chance she had and wandered in the room observing the grand room. The alcohol would drain down the tension that she had gone through in the offering.

"Exquisite", she thought as she went along the walls and around the room. Everything was a piece of art, from the structure to the materials, the paintings, statues...everything before her was beautiful.

Sagara was wearing the colors of her clan in a kimono that had cost her more than she had wanted. But the event demanded it. The dark blue tomisode had patterns of dark red flowers that only grew in the mountains of the north, her home, glistening gently as they would under the moon light in a dark night.
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:11 am

(I know I'm really late to this, but I'm there too. Ping me if you want to talk)
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:14 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:10 am
She returned a polite bow. "Certainly, Isawa-san. I am Ryoshun Rei. How may I help you?"
"I am Kyosei, as you noted, of the Isawa, though of little note as yet. I have met several persons in my travels, with differences of their person from the norm, such as Sora, uh, -sama, over there. Some have gifts to go along with those differences. Would you be one with such gifts?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Reiko Machiko

Post by Reiko Machiko » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:48 am

Gifting all done, Machiko walked around idly carrying a small plate of the food on offer. More watching people, but certainly not looking unapproachable.

(pm please - open to interaction, feel free to approach!)
Spider Clan * Crafter * Librarian * Smart * Diplomat? * Medic? * Can be nice, doesn't want to * Profile
Carries: Daisho, Chopsticks, parchment and charcoal, Medicine kit (sometimes)

Saru Takurou

Post by Saru Takurou » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:53 am

A young, rather inconspicuous man was standing around somewhere. He looked a bit lost and out of place.
His clothes were not dirty or broken, but in the context of what some of the other guests were wearing, his kimono seemed almost too simple.
People near him could also detect a subtle smell of spices emanating from him.
Dragon Clan • Cook • Happy? • Sociable

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:34 am

Kakita wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:38 am
He nodded, “You could say that. But the past few decades have brought great change to all of us no doubt... Learning to float on the winds of change can take one far from the home they knew.”

He looked over to the couple and thought a moment on the life he had known with his father and sister.

“But we all find new purposes... new roles to fill the ones blown away by the winds.”
"Yes... Things change and we become different people than who we once were, whether we wish it or not," she agreed, eyes focused on some point far beyond the castle. "Who, then, is Kakita-san now?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:37 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:14 am

"I am Kyosei, as you noted, of the Isawa, though of little note as yet. I have met several persons in my travels, with differences of their person from the norm, such as Sora, uh, -sama, over there. Some have gifts to go along with those differences. Would you be one with such gifts?"
She considers his words for a moment. "The most significant would be my connection to the Void and the training with it my mother has given me."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:17 am

Tsubaki flows through the reception like a fish through water - making the rounds and ensuring that she had acknowledged all the right people. Stopping here and there to make the necessary small talk to maintain her web of connections. In her wake her two Blossoms, Ni and San, trail behind doing their best to absorb the lessons on display... and to not raise the ire of their mother.

The Crane's outfit was not her most ostentatious, it would be uncouth to be flashy on someone else's big occasion... at least if they were allies, but it was still exquisite and elegant in soft blues and whites.

(Quote or PM if approaching)
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:21 am

Gusai is in the room, milling as appropriate, but his player, vacationing, is relatively disengaged at present.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:27 pm

The young, athletic Ki-rin is clad in a purple and white gi with greenish-blue details which is similar enough to a kimono to be appropriate, but with a smaller number of layers and thus more simple - but also less cumbersome.

After presenting her gift to the couple - with... interesting manners - she walks back to the crowd, taking the time to sample some of the food provided, but otherwise keeping more or less quiet and to the side.

Something seemed to make her feel a bit uncomfortable, but it wasn't clear what it was, exactly...

OOC:
REAL late to the thread, but she's here. Please PM if approached :)
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:30 pm

Shosuro wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:34 am
"Yes... Things change and we become different people than who we once were, whether we wish it or not," she agreed, eyes focused on some point far beyond the castle. "Who, then, is Kakita-san now?"
He paused for a moment, slighting nodding his head in thought.

“That is a great question Shosuro-san.” He gave it another moment of thought.

“The best I can tell... a blade. A blade for the defense of the realm...”
Last edited by Kakita on Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:23 am
The tall Crab was still present, having observed some of the gift giving. "Hello again, Hantei-sama," Chizu said, bowing again as she saw Kinsen seek her out. "That looked well done."
"Well, thank you. I confess I've been practicing it." She says with a nod. Glancing around to find additional familiar and yet unknown faces, the Stag mentions, "I see there's another Crab clanswoman here. Interesting, indeed."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:12 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 pm
"Well, thank you. I confess I've been practicing it." She says with a nod. Glancing around to find additional familiar and yet unknown faces, the Stag mentions, "I see there's another Crab clanswoman here. Interesting, indeed."
"Yes, we are trying to increase our presence in court," Chizu said, nodding excitedly as Kinsen spotted the other Crab. "Would you like to meet her?"
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:48 am
Sagara was wearing the colors of her clan in a kimono that had cost her more than she had wanted. But the event demanded it. The dark blue tomisode had patterns of dark red flowers that only grew in the mountains of the north, her home, glistening gently as they would under the moon light in a dark night.
Chizu waved at Sagara, trying to get her attention. "Anjing-san...!"
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:32 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:40 am
"It is my first and is not. The only one I ever attended was that of Hisomu Kanna and the then Ryoshun Mai of the Bat. I was quite the small child, and the reception was a quieter affair."

"You see, this is my first time leaving the lands of the Spider. Is this the way of gatherings in Crane lands?" She paused, "you mentioned when you are on duty? I don't see a charge. Are you perhaps a guard?"
Hikaru nodded evenly. "It is much the same as those found in Crane lands. Lady Doji's influence on courtly weddings can surely be felt, even in the Imperial Court." His smile managed to avoid being smug, if only just

His chin tilted up proudly. "I have the honor of serving Lady Doji as one of her retainers. Or, at least, I do in normal times. Unfortunately, circumstances prevented her from attending this wedding." A slight crease on his forehead. "I am assisting the rest of the Crane, instead."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:51 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:12 pm
"Yes, we are trying to increase our presence in court," Chizu said, nodding excitedly as Kinsen spotted the other Crab. "Would you like to meet her?"
Anjing Sagara wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:48 am
Chizu waved at Sagara, trying to get her attention. "Anjing-san...!"
"Ara. Mochiron!" She says, reassuring her intention with a sound nod. "Anjing-sama and myself were friendly... u-hum... to each other," Rivals, but friendly, indeed.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Last but not least, another dragon appeared and took a seat after his gift presentation. The young man was quiet and content to observe the room for a moment, looking at so many different folks and taking notes on their manners, the way they dressed and so on.

He was also worried Shu would cause some form of trouble as he left him in their room

(Please pm if approached)
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:41 pm

Arriving to the audience Hall in her nice kimono, Sasori walked around trying her best not to call much attention. The silent girl just made her way to a not so crowded corner of the hall trying not to feel to encrouched by all the people.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:50 pm

After receiving so many gifts, it was time for Hadananzi to play the benevolent host, intermingling with those gathered and offering greetings and thanks where appropriate. His clothing was immaculate, and his smile warm and cheerful, and if it didn't quite reach his eyes when addressing someone who gifted jade, it would be hard to notice with the way he doted on his wife as she glided along beside him. In many ways it seemed he only had eyes for her, as his attention was frequently being diverted to Ananzihime and her needs. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, he maintained an air of openness and approachability.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 pm

Spotting the bride and groom now free, Ayano approaches. She stays a little back until acknowledged, not wishing to be rude.

Her eyes sweep the rest of the room, and a pang of regret does hit her. Was she sending the wrong signals to the court? Did that even matter...
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted