[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Yoshitsune Chizu

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:50 am
"There's nothing to forgive. You're young and should have a great future ahead of you. I am certain that the feelings, ideas and interchanges that should transpire within this Palace would boom across the entirety of Rokugan." Kinsen tries soothes Chizu's potential discomfort with her words.
"Hantei-sama is kind," Chizu said, and a smile returned to her face. "Those ideas and interchanges are part of why I'm here. I'm afraid my Clan has not had a very large presence at court so far, so I'm hoping to help remedy that. And perhaps I might be able to bring some of these ideas home."
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 am

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:38 am
"Oh, that's a good idea! Maybe we can make a whole event of it."
"Ok, I still would like time for the cats to spend. Together. Alone?" She paused, "oh, we could have tea too. Or sake or whatever you want?"
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:16 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:03 am
"Yes I would be!" she exclaimed, both with frustration and delight that someone agreed with her. "I... maybe I should consider that, maybe. At some point. But I'm..." sighing, Satsuki steadied her breath and went through the practiced introduction she'd been taught. "I'm Togashi Satsuki, daughter to Lord Togashi of the Dragon Clan, and Lady Togashi Saruko. An honor to meet you, ascetic-san." The young girl bowed.

"It's expected of my family that I wear this to such a formal event, but I personally think it's stupid to make people wear something that is impractical."
"I am Kuu, of the Order of Heroes. A pleasure to meet you." He offers a bow.

"Though your clothing is not actually impractical," he says with a smile. "It is the proper tool for the challenge you find yourself facing: politicians and diplomats. It's just a liability if you need to spar with fists rather than words. Hopefully unnecessary at a wedding."
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:19 am

Kuu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:16 am
"I am Kuu, of the Order of Heroes. A pleasure to meet you." He offers a bow.

"Though your clothing is not actually impractical," he says with a smile. "It is the proper tool for the challenge you find yourself facing: politicians and diplomats. It's just a liability if you need to spar with fists rather than words. Hopefully unnecessary at a wedding."
Another bow was given in return. "The Order of Heroes is well-regarded by my parents. It's an honor."

She frowned, grabbing the edges of the fine silk robes. "I'm not a politician. I'm just here for my family. And what if someone did try to hurt them? Then I'd have to get out of this to help them... as I'm better with my fists than my words, as witnessed..." Satsuki made a half-hearted gesture to the line of wedding gifts.

"My father never wears anything like this."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:21 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 am
"Ok, I still would like time for the cats to spend. Together. Alone?" She paused, "oh, we could have tea too. Or sake or whatever you want?"
"Tea would be lovely while we watch the cats play," Ayeka laughs a bit. "We will just have to watch them carefully that they don't knock the Emperor's fine tea sets over."
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:24 am

Kakita wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:56 pm
A quiet man stood at the side of an ethereal young woman dressed in the dark tones of the Bat clan.

He watched over the procession with a certain air of... nostalgia. A man who seemed to be both comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time... as if he knew and did not know the world he was in at this moment.
Seeming without noticing, a quiet young woman had stepped up to Kakita's side. She must have, anyway. His first alert to her presence was her quiet voice saying, "Good evening, Bat-san."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:26 am

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:21 am

"Tea would be lovely while we watch the cats play," Ayeka laughs a bit. "We will just have to watch them carefully that they don't knock the Emperor's fine tea sets over."
"We'll keep them out of trouble and have a lovely time ourselves." A soft, sultry purr escaped her as she spoke, "I'm sure, Ayeka."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:28 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:26 am
"We'll keep them out of trouble and have a lovely time ourselves." A soft, sultry purr escaped her as she spoke, "I'm sure, Ayeka."
"Consider it a play date," she nods. It's hard to tell if she's understanding the barely-there subtext. "Shall we say tomorrow evening?"

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:29 am

Shosuro wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:24 am
Kakita wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:56 pm
A quiet man stood at the side of an ethereal young woman dressed in the dark tones of the Bat clan.

He watched over the procession with a certain air of... nostalgia. A man who seemed to be both comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time... as if he knew and did not know the world he was in at this moment.
Seeming without noticing, a quiet young woman had stepped up to Kakita's side. She must have, anyway. His first alert to her presence was her quiet voice saying, "Good evening, Bat-san."
“Good evening...” He replied with very little start as if he was a man accustomed to sudden apparitions manifesting themselves near him.

“I am called Kakita.” He said with a polite bow of his head.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:30 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:19 am
Another bow was given in return. "The Order of Heroes is well-regarded by my parents. It's an honor."

She frowned, grabbing the edges of the fine silk robes. "I'm not a politician. I'm just here for my family. And what if someone did try to hurt them? Then I'd have to get out of this to help them... as I'm better with my fists than my words, as witnessed..." Satsuki made a half-hearted gesture to the line of wedding gifts.

"My father never wears anything like this."
"Even if you don't consider yourself so, your parents sent you as their representative. So you are definitely a diplomat by appointment," he says with a smile. "And I assume the Emperor's guards in the castle are prepared to defend us if something happens."

"I have been to your home before. I spent most of the time copying texts and records for duplication in the Order's new temple. I appreciate the minimalist aesthetic your father prefers. And the lands are beautiful."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:32 am

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:28 am

"Consider it a play date," she nods. It's hard to tell if she's understanding the barely-there subtext. "Shall we say tomorrow evening?"
"Perhaps earlier evening, before all of the clan returns for any talk of business and sleep?" She smiled serenely, quite looking forward to the meeting ahead.
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:34 am

After delivering his gift and blessing to the couple, Yatsu returns to the rest of the crowd, slowly limping as he walks by.

In his mind, it was a good speech the one that he did, but not perfect, not enough good enough for how he was trained. It would seem that he still needs more time to get hold of the subtleties of the new culture developing from the Crane clan.

[OOC]

PMe if approached here or in discord.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:36 am

Kuu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:30 am
"Even if you don't consider yourself so, your parents sent you as their representative. So you are definitely a diplomat by appointment," he says with a smile. "And I assume the Emperor's guards in the castle are prepared to defend us if something happens."

"I have been to your home before. I spent most of the time copying texts and records for duplication in the Order's new temple. I appreciate the minimalist aesthetic your father prefers. And the lands are beautiful."
Satsuki internally debated with herself for a hot moment before responding; "yes... sent..."

"Thank you though. I... already miss the more familiar surroundings there. And less people too. Have you been in Great Falls for a long time then, with the temple there?"

Spying Yatsufusa moving away from the couple after delivering his gift (much more successfully than her), the tall girl awkwardly ducks a little behind the monk to avoid being spotted. She really didn't need Yatsufusa to gripe on her performance now. Which he would do in the most polite sense of course.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:41 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:32 am
"Perhaps earlier evening, before all of the clan returns for any talk of business and sleep?" She smiled serenely, quite looking forward to the meeting ahead.
"As you like," she nods, finally having a servant refill her cups and taking a sip herself.

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:43 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:36 am
Spying Yatsufusa moving away from the couple after delivering his gift (much more successfully than her), the tall girl awkwardly ducks a little behind the monk to avoid being spotted. She really didn't need Yatsufusa to gripe on her performance now. Which he would do in the most polite sense of course.

Of course Yatsufusa knew where the princess was. But he would not approach her, not now. She was after all, the higher status in here, the divine daughter of a Kami, approaching like this after his intervention would probably be vain and rude.

No. Yatsufusa understood that it was not his place to do so, and also he was kind and empathetic. Doing so would just be petty.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:44 am

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:41 am
"As you like," she nods, finally having a servant refill her cups and taking a sip herself.
"We should mingle a bit. I will see you in our quarters later."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:47 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:44 am
Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:41 am
"We should mingle a bit. I will see you in our quarters later."
"Of course. I hope that our conversation has helped calm your nerves some." She smiles.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:48 am

Despite it being something he had been taught to do, Hikaru was not normally tasked with engaging in conversation. It was a challenge, therefore, to do so, especially since no superior had instructed him to do so. Did Courtesty require him to make small talk? To discuss the whether, or the latest crop, the state of the Empire, or philosophy?

That was a discussion in itself.

So instead, Hikaru stood by himself, not quite as he would stand while at attention, but nearly so, the only difference that his shoulders were more relaxed. That, and the moment he took to brush back his lock of white hair which had fallen forward over his features. It always did that, and always made his hand tingle, just a little, when he tended to it.

(Thread too long! Sorry to add to the quote requests, but I've lost track of who's found a conversational partner already)
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:50 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:36 am
Satsuki internally debated with herself for a hot moment before responding; "yes... sent..."

"Thank you though. I... already miss the more familiar surroundings there. And less people too. Have you been in Great Falls for a long time then, with the temple there?"

Sensing that there was more to her being here, but not wanting to pry out what she was avoiding, he moved on. And then the hiding which was definitely not working well, since she was 3 inches taller and wearing clothing that was likely far too bulky to fit behind him.

"So, when you are trying to avoid talking with someone, it's best to avoid drawing attention. You are the only person in the room trying to hide behind someone smaller than you," he says with a smile. "That stands out.". He otherwise doesn't move, allowing her to use him for cover.

"I've spent a decent amount of time at Great Falls. But I came back to the Imperial City a while ago to help the order here. I've moved around a decent amount."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:51 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:04 am
"Hantei-sama is kind," Chizu said, and a smile returned to her face. "Those ideas and interchanges are part of why I'm here. I'm afraid my Clan has not had a very large presence at court so far, so I'm hoping to help remedy that. And perhaps I might be able to bring some of these ideas home."
"Yoshitsune-san will find in me an ally to fuel this initiative." She says, nodding her head with a confident gaze towards the younger maiden, and makes a gesture she would move to address the dais. "Duty calls. Please, forgive me, I should return."

/exit momentarily here
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0