[EA, D8] Court Part 5

Isawa Kyosei

Re: [EA, D8] Court Part 5

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:39 am

"War. I was hoping we could avoid that. I've seen my share of battles, and a war seems much more... more. I take it the scorch is from the... invitation?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:42 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:29 am
"Ko!" The princess called out in surprise, as she had been worried for where her friend and companion had gotten to.

However questions about that could wait as she stepped close to the other woman. "You won't believe what happened earli---" And then something unbeliveable happened again as yet another Crane turned into a demon.

Unlike the previous time, this time she got to dive into Ko's arms. "What the fuck?!"

Knew I was right to tell that voice to fuck off in my dream!
Ko was all too ready, bolstered from this morning, soon as things developed her arms were open and she took Satsuki into them. Almost without the chance to realize Satsuki was briefly off her feet and swung just enough that Ko was between her and the worst of it, a body shield but not a wall as she was able to see as everything transpired around due to the height she had on the older woman. Hands placed protectively on the young woman her grip was strong, but careful to the point that she wouldn't hurt Satsuki while not losing track of her either.

Even as things began to seem to settle Ko wasn't ready to allow herself to calm nearly as easy. Focused, calm breathing. Eyes darting around, wary of whatever might happen she holds her close against her. Once she was comfortable enough she would ease, looking down to Satsuki with her hands relaxed before coming to her shoulders. Looking her over, just to be sure, that focus apparent in her eye.
Last edited by Wu Ko on Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:48 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:39 am
"War. I was hoping we could avoid that. I've seen my share of battles, and a war seems much more... more. I take it the scorch is from the... invitation?"
"Oh yes. And this war is going to be more... insidious."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:51 am

Genji approached the dais where the twins and Yuzuru were, bowing deeply.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:55 am

Shiba slowly sheathes his sword, eyes scanning the rest of the room closely. He gestures for a servant. "Please collect and burn those tatami mats. Have someone bring replacements." He doesn't sit down before acknowledging Genji, towering over the court room at his full height.

"... Yes, nephew? Please, speak."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:57 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:48 am

"Oh yes. And this war is going to be more... insidious."
"Oh? In what way? I have spent a large portion of the morning either having some fun in the Garden or making sure my wagons and ponies were doing okay."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:59 am

"My dear uncle, my glorious Emperor." Genji slowly straigthened. "Today has been a trying day, and we are barely past noon." There was no mirth as he spoke, the young man was serious. "I merely wish to state the intent of my clan upon the topic of the unfortunate demonic harbingers topic."

He looked is Emperor straight in the eye. "The Stag are by your side. My father rescued your brother, waged war on Jigoku itself for his soul. We will do no less. No offers shall be taken, and our swords will stand ready against the nightmares. Command us as you will, we will fight for your Empire, alongside our cousins." He gestured widely. "We will show hell that they cannot trifle with Shiba's Empire, as we all stand ready. We may not be the wisest, like the Bat or the Spider, but we are at the ready."

He bowed once again. "We are yours to command."

OOC: D8 EA random sincerity, Prodigy: 5d10o10k3 24

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:08 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:59 am
"My dear uncle, my glorious Emperor." Genji slowly straigthened. "Today has been a trying day, and we are barely past noon." There was no mirth as he spoke, the young man was serious. "I merely wish to state the intent of my clan upon the topic of the unfortunate demonic harbingers topic."

He looked is Emperor straight in the eye. "The Stag are by your side. My father rescued your brother, waged war on Jigoku itself for his soul. We will do no less. No offers shall be taken, and our swords will stand ready against the nightmares. Command us as you will, we will fight for your Empire, alongside our cousins." He gestured widely. "We will show hell that they cannot trifle with Shiba's Empire, as we all stand ready. We may not be the wisest, like the Bat or the Spider, but we are at the ready."

He bowed once again. "We are yours to command."

OOC: D8 EA random sincerity, Prodigy: 5d10o10k3 24
Shiba nodded silently and thought for a moment before saying, "When you and Hantei Kinsen-san return home, I will need your Clan to start with the veins you know of and begin mining jade on a large scale. We will need it to protect the Empire's minds and souls from this insidious incursion of Jigoku into our dreams."

"I wish your Clan to work with my people to see to its distribution. I believe that Makime Ayano-san's road project will be vital to ensuring quick movement of people and jade around the Empire, so I hope the Clans will be ready to make that a priority. Agility and fast reactions has become a requirement rather than an option."
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Run by GM Canary

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:15 am

"As you wish my lord." He stood up and straightened. "The full might of the Stag will focus on that, and we will ready our warriors just in case." He glanced around, searching the others. "I will seek out Makime-san and involve her in our part of the road network."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:20 am

Before he can get a reply from Sora, the exchange goes on between Genji and the Emperor. When the pronouncement is made, Kyosei chooses to move forward and gives a bow to the throne. He waits to be acknowledged.

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:42 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:15 am
"As you wish my lord." He stood up and straightened. "The full might of the Stag will focus on that, and we will ready our warriors just in case." He glanced around, searching the others. "I will seek out Makime-san and involve her in our part of the road network."
"Once we receive word of the first incursions, we will call upon you. Ready your people."
Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:20 am
Before he can get a reply from Sora, the exchange goes on between Genji and the Emperor. When the pronouncement is made, Kyosei chooses to move forward and gives a bow to the throne. He waits to be acknowledged.
"Speak, Isawa-san."

Run by GM Canary

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:46 am

"My Lord, in the time I have been wandering the Empire, I have also investigated the Earth, and it's bounties. I know of 4 more areas where could be dug Jade mines outside of Stag lands. I would be willing to show where they are to your other servants. And, I would be willing to help as best I may in other ways." He bows again. "Additionally, I have the talent of speaking with the Earth. Would it be helpful to speak to those spirits, to discover what they might know of the . . . invitation from the Realm of evil?"

Yuzuru Hiroya

Post by Yuzuru Hiroya » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 am

Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:42 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:29 am
"Ko!" The princess called out in surprise, as she had been worried for where her friend and companion had gotten to.

However questions about that could wait as she stepped close to the other woman. "You won't believe what happened earli---" And then something unbeliveable happened again as yet another Crane turned into a demon.

Unlike the previous time, this time she got to dive into Ko's arms. "What the fuck?!"

Knew I was right to tell that voice to fuck off in my dream!
Ko was all too ready, bolstered from this morning, soon as things developed her arms were open and she took Satsuki into them. Almost without the chance to realize Satsuki was briefly off her feet and swung just enough that Ko was between her and the worst of it, a body shield but not a wall as she was able to see as everything transpired around due to the height she had on the older woman. Hands placed protectively on the young woman her grip was strong, but careful to the point that she wouldn't hurt Satsuki while not losing track of her either.

Even as things began to seem to settle Ko wasn't ready to allow herself to calm nearly as easy. Focused, calm breathing. Eyes darting around, wary of whatever might happen she holds her close against her. Once she was comfortable enough she would ease, looking down to Satsuki with her hands relaxed before coming to her shoulders. Looking her over, just to be sure, that focus apparent in her eye.
Ko would feel a light hand on her shoulder and Hiroya would be next to her nodding wordlessly. The young man was always in court recording the events as they happened and today there had been much to write about. He had a book and pouch under one arm and his other on her shoulder. He looked to her and then Satsuki in turn and back to Ko "You are ok?" He cleared his throat "you are both ok?"
Imperial * Historian * Chronicler * Shy * small *artistic
NPC by Tyrus

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:46 am
"My Lord, in the time I have been wandering the Empire, I have also investigated the Earth, and it's bounties. I know of 4 more areas where could be dug Jade mines outside of Stag lands. I would be willing to show where they are to your other servants. And, I would be willing to help as best I may in other ways." He bows again. "Additionally, I have the talent of speaking with the Earth. Would it be helpful to speak to those spirits, to discover what they might know of the . . . invitation from the Realm of evil?"
"Please share that information with those Clans whose territories these locations lie in. If you wish to speak to the Earth about this, you may. Please speak to me later after you have done so."

Run by GM Canary

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:08 am

Kyosei bows. "There is one that is not in the Empire, my Lord. It lies in the lands claimed by the Ratlings. Another sits almost directly between the Ki Rin and the Scorpion lands. The others I will share with the Bat and the Spider. And I will do so, my Lord."

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:34 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:08 am
Kyosei bows. "There is one that is not in the Empire, my Lord. It lies in the lands claimed by the Ratlings. Another sits almost directly between the Ki Rin and the Scorpion lands. The others I will share with the Bat and the Spider. And I will do so, my Lord."
"Understood. We will have to make overtures to the Nezumi and perhaps arrange and agreement over the location between the Scoprion and Ki-Rin."

Run by GM Canary

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:41 am

Kyosei returns to the side of Sora, after a final bow.

"Sorry, seemed important to make sure that was known."

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:42 am

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:14 am
Genji frowned.

"Well, now I think I'll stick to wine for a while." Genji glanced at his cousin.

"Hime-chan....I think your clan needs some internal reviews." This was wonderful. Twice in the same day.
"Internal purge more like," she muttered before taking her place in the queue for Shiba.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:46 am

Yuzuru Hiroya wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:01 am
Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:42 am

Ko would feel a light hand on her shoulder and Hiroya would be next to her nodding wordlessly. The young man was always in court recording the events as they happened and today there had been much to write about. He had a book and pouch under one arm and his other on her shoulder. He looked to her and then Satsuki in turn and back to Ko "You are ok?" He cleared his throat "you are both ok?"
Things calmed down and were moving on, which Satsuki felt overwhelming. Everything was happening so fast with proclamations and commands and then uncle Bayushi was there too and there were just so many people.

She didn't move away from Ko's arms yet, as she took a deep breath. "I'm fine. I'll be fine. Just... that's the second demon today!"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:51 am

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:41 am
Kyosei returns to the side of Sora, after a final bow.

"Sorry, seemed important to make sure that was known."
"You did well. We're going to need a lot of it."

He noted Dojihime's approach.

Too late for spin, Princess, but let's see if your courage and determination match your father's.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.