[Day 6 - EE] The Play Observation Thread

Hisomu Matsu

Re: [Day 6 - EE] The Play Observation Thread

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:58 pm
Dojihime ignored the brute and said to those gathered, “The Crane are thankful for your attendance, and please enjoy as many refreshments as you like. I would also like to extend a heartfelt thanks to Doji Tsubaki for allowing us to use her venue.”

“Finally I hope that all come away from this with a newfound respect for the sacrifices of those that have come before, if one seeks further information the Imperial libraries are filled to bursting with texts on the subject.”
Matsu raged as she continued to be ignored. Storming up, she approached the princess, forcing herself through.

"The worst fucking telling of the greatest story in the Empire is what this shit is. You are shit, Princess." She stood as tall as she could.

EE6 - The Play - You Will Address Me! (Willpower 3, Intimidation 3, +6 Matsu Sentinel 1 (Perception 3 + half honor): 6d10o10k3+6 27
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:31 pm

“That would be an excellent idea, dearest Aunt,” she replied on the issue about spreading it to Stag lands.

When the monk interjected she replied evenly, “I stand behind the artistic choices made on stage, but we are welcome to your pointed critique. Oh Hisomu-san, I had not noticed she was there, she does look in need of fresh air.”
Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:18 pm
Matsu raged as she continued to be ignored. Storming up, she approached the princess, forcing herself through.

"The worst fucking telling of the greatest story in the Empire is what this shit is. You are shit, Princess." She stood as tall as she could.

EE6 - The Play - You Will Address Me! (Willpower 3, Intimidation 3, +6 Matsu Sentinel 1 (Perception 3 + half honor): 6d10o10k3+6 27
“You have insulted the house of Doji, and we have done nothing of the kind to you. Yamadono-san was a Spider samurai, there was one present rescuing Hisomu. Bellow all you want like a cow in heat, for you are surely no samurai of merit acting in such a way,” she responded.

“Consider your next words carefully, perhaps among the Spider this brutishness is the norm, but it is not within the lands of the Crane or Stag, or any Clan that wishes to consider themselves honorable guests of the Divine Son,” she responded.

“Apologize for your behavior,” she stood as she always did and not mind looking up for a change.

OOC: Etiquette + Willpower + Doji: 7d10o10k4+5 32 actually 38.
Last edited by Doji Dojihime on Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:34 pm

"Fuck you." She replied. "From this day forth, there will be emnity between those who share the blood in my veins and the House of Doji." She spat on the floor before the princess.

"I do not apologize."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:36 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:34 pm
"Fuck you." She replied. "From this day forth, there will be emnity between those who share the blood in my veins and the House of Doji." She spat on the floor before the princess.

"I do not apologize."
“Well have fun with that, little Spider,” she said, turning her back to the towering woman.

“Tsubaki-san, I apologize, but a cow has made a mess on your floor.”
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:43 pm

Nozomi simply nodded. the Doji could take what she had said as a critique. She was being somewhat careful to control her reactions tonight. While, like Kuu, she left a lot of room for retellings, she didn't want to actually support this one going forward. Its controversy, she hoped, would remain for the ...

Well, the issue between Dojihime and Matsu would probably linger for a while. That was unavoidable wasn't it? Still, she was not leaving, if anything out of mild concern for a few of those present. Her daughter lingered quietly behind her while she watched events unfold.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:47 pm

She sneered at the woman. Turning on her heel, she stormed out from the room, leaving the house of liars and despoilers of history.

Once she was out of the building, she stormed down, away from that place. Away from every one who attended, and clutched at her heart, before choking back tears.

"I... I won't let them forget you, father. I won't. I can't. I swear it." She whispered to herself, bringing her sleeve up to her face, covering her eyes, wiping the tears of rage, and sadness, that cMe unbidden.

Matsu was always a woman of strong passions, and she couldn't hide them. She didn't want to.

But she wouldn't let the Doji see her tears.

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Ayano rubbed her eyes as this all came to a head. She rather hoped this enmity lasted a short time. Her clan was between the two after all.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:54 pm

One thought raced through Genji's mind during all of this.

Whoa.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:00 pm

There was a tug at her arm. Nozomi glanced at her daughter and simply nodded. "If you will excuse me, -samas," she said with a bow. With that said, she turned and proceeded to leave as soon as decorum permitted it. Once she was out of the hearing of any, Mayumi started to pull, to try and get her to go and find Matsu before she halted in her tracks and shook her head.

"Daughter, no. Some conversations will wait until the other party is ready to have them. Matsu... will see us when she will see us. We will not press this on her." And, as her daughter started to speak, she put a hand on her mouth, looking at her. "Don't argue. I've known her a long time, longer than you were among the living. She was your age when we met. And she loves her father, just like you love yours. What I took to be a joke created by the Crane to get reactions? She took grievous offense too, and I'm not surprised. Her father is her world. Give her this evening, and if she comes to find us before we sleep, we can speak with her then."

Mayumi looked like she wanted to argue and finally nodded. "Yes mother." No, she could understand. And her mother calling the play a joke put it in a different context of what it was. "If that was a joke it was a bad one. Why were you laughing?"

"I laughed in the face of death once. I laugh sometimes to avoid quaking in fear. It's not a good habit to emulate, daughter of mine. See that you don't learn that one from me," she said with mildness as she ruffled the girl's hair. "And yes. It was a terrible joke, but I think it did what the woman wanted it to. I'm sure of it. I'm just not sure what that was. Let us go, however. Even if Matsu does not need fresh air, I need it. I think we should visit the temple."

On that, they agreed.

/exit
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:12 pm

With the tense Matsu gone she let out a small sigh from behind her fan, and took a moment to let the tenseness coursing through her muscles fall away still she was shaking, not so much that it would hamper moving but she was still coming down from facing a literal giant. She only hoped that she did her parents proud… She was no bushi but still she had Courage even when she felt a mere three feet from being stabbed in the face.

She then turned to Kinsen and considered what she knew of the woman and how she had done her best to aid her and favored her with a smile and then leaned in and said, “Thank you for not eating her heart… though I suppose I may have to do that myself in the future.”

She glanced at Hikaru and added another grateful nod, she did not stand alone.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:15 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:47 pm
She sneered at the woman. Turning on her heel, she stormed out from the room, leaving the house of liars and despoilers of history.

Once she was out of the building, she stormed down, away from that place. Away from every one who attended, and clutched at her heart, before choking back tears.

"I... I won't let them forget you, father. I won't. I can't. I swear it." She whispered to herself, bringing her sleeve up to her face, covering her eyes, wiping the tears of rage, and sadness, that cMe unbidden.

Matsu was always a woman of strong passions, and she couldn't hide them. She didn't want to.

But she wouldn't let the Doji see her tears.
Throwing away the mask and robe she had used for the play and dumping them unceremoniously on the floor, the Dragon princess walked out after Matsu in only her underrobes - clearly unbothered what the opinions on it would be.

Stepping outside, her eyes searched around until she saw the familiar tall woman. She approached, standing near but waiting for Matsu to speak when she was ready. Her green eyes looking to the sky as she waited patiently.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:18 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:15 pm
Throwing away the mask and robe she had used for the play and dumping them unceremoniously on the floor, the Dragon princess walked out after Matsu in only her underrobes - clearly unbothered what the opinions on it would be.

Stepping outside, her eyes searched around until she saw the familiar tall woman. She approached, standing near but waiting for Matsu to speak when she was ready. Her green eyes looking to the sky as she waited patiently.
Someone had made their choice of which side to take... she frowned from behind her fan.

So much for family.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:21 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:12 pm
With the tense Matsu gone she let out a small sigh from behind her fan, and took a moment to let the tenseness coursing through her muscles fall away still she was shaking, not so much that it would hamper moving but she was still coming down from facing a literal giant. She only hoped that she did her parents proud… She was no bushi but still she had Courage even when she felt a mere three feet from being stabbed in the face.

She then turned to Kinsen and considered what she knew of the woman and how she had done her best to aid her and favored her with a smile and then leaned in and said, “Thank you for not eating her heart… though I suppose I may have to do that myself in the future.”

She glanced at Hikaru and added another grateful nod, she did not stand alone.
A slight lifting of his chin was the only reaction that Hikaru gave; acknowledgement while remaining in his clearly on-duty stance. The safety of Lady Doji's family, and their honor, was his first concern, after all. Still, his pale eyes showed something of gratitude at that acknowledgement; it was very like her mother.

Hikaru faded back to a more discreet distance; more watchful now, but not so close as to interfere with Dojihime's conversations.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:52 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:15 pm

The woman breathed in raggedly, trying to calm herself. Between the adrenaline, her anger, and the storm of emotions within her, it was a difficult task.

She glanced over her shoulder, eyes rimmed red, unable to stop the tears for a moment. "How could they tolerate such lies?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:44 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:12 pm
Kinsen nods, and confesses, "I know her since she was just a little kid. She's brave. Always with a fiery, passionate spirit." What she doesn't say, though, is that she should have taken little Matsu into her house when it was offered. She's certain –– and perhaps biased –– that education under her own care would have turned the girl into a hero without paragon, and not the bad mouthed brute she witnessed today.

With a deep breath and a sigh, she shakes any regret off her mind and says to Dojihime, "We all make choices, and we have to deal with the consequences in the best possible way. If this means devouring your opponent's will. Do it with gusto, so you honor them with all your might."
Last edited by Hantei Kinsen on Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:50 pm

She nodded seriously and then closed her eyes to shake away the last of her tension opening them with a smile.

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:03 pm

Moshi overhears the commotion in the crowds, but does her best to maintain the dignity of the people her character represents. She changes into her normal clothes and quietly leaves the tea house, then rushes to meet Matsu-sama once there is polite distance away.
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:23 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:52 pm
The woman breathed in raggedly, trying to calm herself. Between the adrenaline, her anger, and the storm of emotions within her, it was a difficult task.

She glanced over her shoulder, eyes rimmed red, unable to stop the tears for a moment. "How could they tolerate such lies?"
Satsuki tilted her head to the side, considering her words as her gaze shifted to Matsu. "... I don't think my cousin considers it to be lies. But, I think that's because she's... unable to see outside her own vision of things."

Straightening herself, the princess bowed deeply to the Thunder. "For participating in something that caused you so much hurt, I apologise, Hisomu Matsu-san. I... I had thought it would be a silly play, to be honest... something to entertain while we're all waiting for the snow to thaw. I see now that it was not, and... my mother would have my hide for taking part in something that caused such pain to you." She paused, realising that she had a tendency to let her words run away from her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to be hurt. I know it wasn't my play or my doing, but I took part in it."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:09 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:23 pm
Satsuki tilted her head to the side, considering her words as her gaze shifted to Matsu. "... I don't think my cousin considers it to be lies. But, I think that's because she's... unable to see outside her own vision of things."

Straightening herself, the princess bowed deeply to the Thunder. "For participating in something that caused you so much hurt, I apologise, Hisomu Matsu-san. I... I had thought it would be a silly play, to be honest... something to entertain while we're all waiting for the snow to thaw. I see now that it was not, and... my mother would have my hide for taking part in something that caused such pain to you." She paused, realising that she had a tendency to let her words run away from her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to be hurt. I know it wasn't my play or my doing, but I took part in it."
She shook her head, taking her sleeve and wiping her cheek. "The blame is entirely on that Doji. For feeling so superior that they could tell the story however they wanted." Matsu clenched her jaw, turning more fully to face the Togashi Princess.

"I appreciate your apology, Togashi-sama. You're... a good friend. But you don't owe me that."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:15 am

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:09 am
She shook her head, taking her sleeve and wiping her cheek. "The blame is entirely on that Doji. For feeling so superior that they could tell the story however they wanted." Matsu clenched her jaw, turning more fully to face the Togashi Princess.

"I appreciate your apology, Togashi-sama. You're... a good friend. But you don't owe me that."
"True, I didn't write the story, or decide the course it would take, but I took part in it and didn't speak up." She shrugged a bit helpelessly. "I don't think I could've changed it though... my cousin is very set in her ways, and... too often consider her ways to be the only right ones."

Still, she offered a kind smile to Matsu. It was always a bit odd to actually have to look up at someone who wasn't her father or divine aunts and uncles. She did think it a little strange that Kinsen and Nanzi had been specifically named in the play, but not the other heroes... the greatest heroes, who had accompanied Hantei.

"I much more prefer my mother's telling of the story. She'd say that no one but Noriaki no Yamadono was strong enough to hold the protective shield that protected Hantei, Jiyo Sora, and... the now great Chieftain of the Ratlings - I'm not even going to try butchering that name now," Satsuki chuckled sheepishly. "Your father must be an impressive man. I can understand why you were hurt, seeing how amazing he must be."
Theme | Profile