OOC Chat

Jiyo Sora

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:06 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:03 am
Well someone has to have talent. ;)
Almost every event having a social roll component when your character is rocking Disturbing Countenance, Antisocial, and an Awareness of 2 is definitely not a recipe for success :P
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:12 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:06 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:03 am
Well someone has to have talent. ;)
Almost every event having a social roll component when your character is rocking Disturbing Countenance, Antisocial, and an Awareness of 2 is definitely not a recipe for success :P
If any event had been a fight, Shirayuki would've snapped like a twig in a stiff breeze. :lol:
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:34 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:12 am
If any event had been a fight, Shirayuki would've snapped like a twig in a stiff breeze. :lol:
Pure combat bushi thugs really did spend Chapter one feeling useless :lol: ANY XP spent on personal combat ability were wasted there.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:44 am

I did not feel like I wasted that xp. Chaihime got to wrassle and headbutt people and everything!
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:45 am

We had to spend XP to wrassle?! :o
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Ryoshun Ume

Post by Ryoshun Ume » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:48 am

We'll all muddle through somehow.
Bat Clan 🦇 Cobbler/Tailor/Gardener/Singer/Storyteller/Painter/Potter 🦇 Courtier 🦇 Serene 🦇 Gentle 🦇 Senior Diplomat

Glory 2.0 | Status 3.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Wears: Dark grey kimono with Red under kimono, Or lighter grey with white under kimono

Current Theme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:51 am

Barely got to do any fighting in part 2, either! :lol: So many of the returning bushi were like, "no, goddamn it, I am IN this combat scene after spending Part 1 being useless" that you had to be Johnny on the spot to even GET a fight most of the time.

All of us on "Descend Into Jigoku" got jade dust for our weapons and geared up for a fight (I mean, we had Yamadono, the Shogun of Smash, we had Jiyo Sora, Charm School Graduate, we had Black Moonset, the Angriest Rat-Rat, and Seppun Dawei, who... okay, Dawei was a bit more rounded in his skillset, but still), and.... we didn't do any fighting at all, while the folks on the surface had to thrown down with friggin' ogres :twisted:

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:52 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:51 am
Barely got to do any fighting in part 2, either! :lol: So many of the returning bushi were like, "no, goddamn it, I am IN this combat scene after spending Part 1 being useless" that you had to be Johnny on the spot to even GET a fight most of the time.

All of us on "Descend Into Jigoku" got jade dust for our weapons and geared up for a fight (I mean, we had Yamadono, the Shogun of Smash, we had Jiyo Sora, Charm School Graduate, we had Black Moonset, the Angriest Rat-Rat, and Seppun Dawei, who... okay, Dawei was a bit more rounded in his skillset, but still), and.... we didn't do any fighting at all, while the folks on the surface had to thrown down with friggin' ogres :twisted:
Yeah, those ogres were pretty brutal. I was getting concerned when it seemed like the second line was gonna get overrun, and was like "ok, Saruko's ready to throw down with these monsters, but she's gonna get in one good strike before she's squished". :lol:
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:00 am

I think everybody on Operation March Into Hell was prepared for lethality... honestly a bit surprised the body count was so low. One badass Nezumi warrior, one badass last warrior of his human tribe.

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:00 am
I think everybody on Operation March Into Hell was prepared for lethality... honestly a bit surprised the body count was so low. One badass Nezumi warrior, one badass last warrior of his human tribe.
Jigoku lulling us into a false sense of security!
Theme | Profile

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:37 am

I had a fair amount of non combat XP spend on Taochusu. He was a skilled musician and hunter after all. Had a pretty wide spread.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:52 am

In Part 1 Makime was a bushi and did alright...granted her biggest success was Akodo's event and really doing so well in it is why she is a daimyo.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:09 am

Jiyo did alright as a bushi in game 1. Might have done better if I didn’t miss like 4 days in the middle.

Angry Rat was overwhelmingly successful despite relatively little combat.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:15 am

Kakita wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:09 am
Angry Rat was overwhelmingly successful despite relatively little combat.
I actually don't recall that he had ANY combat...

Current Theme

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:44 am

Kinsen did well in the Hida event. And that was all. The rest was a fun ride.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Ume

Post by Ryoshun Ume » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:35 am

Just goes to show it's not about the build, but what you do with it. Success can mean a lot of different things. <3
Bat Clan 🦇 Cobbler/Tailor/Gardener/Singer/Storyteller/Painter/Potter 🦇 Courtier 🦇 Serene 🦇 Gentle 🦇 Senior Diplomat

Wears: Dark grey kimono with Red under kimono, Or lighter grey with white under kimono

Current Theme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:57 am

Hida Ume wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:35 am
Just goes to show it's not about the build, but what you do with it.
I dunno about that- Sora's specific build absolutely dictated what I could do with it in Chapter 1. There were things he as a character would have done differently (in his clumsy, "keep saying the same thing but louder in a desperate attempt to be understood" way) if he'd been mechanically capable of demonstrating his capabilities in other ways.

Some things, like the Doji Conversation From Hell? Yeah, that was nothing to do with the dice and still would have shaken out that way.

Others, though...

I mean, I'm running the guy for a third time (and bringing him to Court without a hell of a lot going for him mechanically on that front), so I obviously don't have THAT big a problem with how he shook out, but...

Current Theme

Ryoshun Ume

Post by Ryoshun Ume » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:05 am

That's why I noted that success can mean a lot of different things. It's hardly a secret what Sora's track record with event's been, nor that he has plenty of deficiencies for the events of game 1 and (likely) this game. If a person's main measure of success was based on events and rewards from mechanical application, he'd certainly be unsuccessful.

Regardless of that however, even you have to admit he's had his share of interesting results from personal interactions, both successful and less successful, and though loyalty also helps, I'm certain enough you brought him back because his story of becoming an Imperial and a father has had enough success in those other ways to make him interesting.

There isn't one answer for what makes an interesting and successful character though. Everyone will have their own idea of what that means to them. There's certainly a part of me that couldn't do without mechanical application for example, but even with that, most of my most memorable moments over the years have been just as much from just off the cuff RP and even disadvantaged situations as the event and competition victories.

Long as we all have some fun.

Current Theme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:08 am

Hida Ume wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:05 am
Long as we all have some fun.
The actual Golden Rule.

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:00 am

Nanzi won when he needed to win.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan