[D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Otomo Gusai

Re: [D6, EA] Imperial Court, Part 3

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:16 pm
With Ayano's business done, Yuzuru completed his 'scenic route' to the dais and took his place beside Shiba, with a curious smile on his face.
Although he does not approach the dais, Gusai does turn his eye towards the Lord Consort--and his fox. A hard-boiled egg appears in his hand, held down by his side.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:27 pm

Genji was there as well, dressed in fine court clothing, as usual. His eyes sparkled, and there was a certain energy about him, interestingly enough.

[PM if approached]
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:34 pm

Genji's mom comes right behind her tall, handsome and shining boy. Her greed coated fingernails sparkle of jade as the light reflects on them. Her usual makeup has some green tons to highlight her golden eyes.

--
PM if you approach
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:19 pm
Although he does not approach the dais, Gusai does turn his eye towards the Lord Consort--and his fox. A hard-boiled egg appears in his hand, held down by his side.
Sniff, sniff.

Vulpine eyes were locked on to the tasty treat . . . but he had a job to do. Maybe if he stretched a little closer the egg would miraculously fly his way?

Yuzuru was oblivious, as usual, to the fox food antics.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:39 pm
Sniff, sniff.

Vulpine eyes were locked on to the tasty treat . . . but he had a job to do. Maybe if he stretched a little closer the egg would miraculously fly his way?

Yuzuru was oblivious, as usual, to the fox food antics.
The egg slips a little further down in his grip, until only thumb and forefinger prevent it from falling out onto the palace floor.

Such would be unseemly, of course. So Gusai does not do that.

But it is there, the egg.
Otomo Gusai

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:09 pm

Stretching turned into slow and stealthy crawling . . . which would have worked in the wild but was rather noticeable in the Audience Hall.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:09 pm
Stretching turned into slow and stealthy crawling . . . which would have worked in the wild but was rather noticeable in the Audience Hall.
Gusai's eye does not miss the motion, and his hand opens just slightly, letting the egg more or less roll down his leg to rest beside his foot.

How clumsy! But then, the egg is no rope...
Otomo Gusai

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:02 am
Eventually, Nozomi moved over and bowed low to the Doji. Not as low, obviously, as she would to the Emperor or Consort, but there was an obvious deference there. Never hurt to be careful with the Crane. Her daughter came along with and bowed low at her direction. The Doji had wanted to meet her, had she not? And beside that, there had been at least one question Dojihime had addressed when they last spoke that might deserve the Emperor's attention, if he was willing to field it.
She bowed and smiled broadly at the child and said, “Greetings to both of you, twin stars of the court room.”

She even kept her On looking at the freakish woman. She said, “Tell me this little angel is the one you speak of so highly, Nozomi-san?”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:33 pm
She bowed and smiled broadly at the child and said, “Greetings to both of you, twin stars of the court room.”

She even kept her On looking at the freakish woman. She said, “Tell me this little angel is the one you speak of so highly, Nozomi-san?”
"That she is. This is Mayumi, my daughter. Mayumi, may I introduce Doji Dojihime-sama, the daughter of the esteemed Nanzi and the Lady Doji. She is one of the Crane's chief envoys this winter." She wouldn't say 'the chief,' given that the bride and groom were quite in attendance. Mayumi kept her bow low and nodded in turn.

"It is an honor to meet you, Doji-sama." Someone had been trained how to respond to Cranes. They would seat themselves only if directed and given leave. Mayumi, for her part, was keeping very quiet for the most part. Unlike her mother, her eyes were a natural brown color, her hair a more brownish-hue and her skin a healthy tan. It was clear that she did not share her mother's skin condition.

"I had a wish, if Doji-sama has a moment, to ask if she felt one of the legal questions we had briefly touched upon the other day was meriting of the august Emepror's time. It is not something I would wish to broach simply to assuage my sole curiosity."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:51 pm

She picked up the meaning and said, "That seems like a good thing to pursue while we have the chance. I can follow your lead as it affects you and yours more than myself."
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:51 pm
She picked up the meaning and said, "That seems like a good thing to pursue while we have the chance. I can follow your lead as it affects you and yours more than myself."
Nozomi politely turned her head towards her daughter, nodding for her to remain at the side and observe before returning her gaze to the Doji. "Of course, -sama. It may be a matter he takes time to resolve, but asking him will be of value to all of us. Thank you for assisting." In reality she didn't entirely trust the Doji in this, but it would be the Crane and the Stag who most had the largest stake, and she wanted clear to those factions of the empire that the monks did not consider themselves apart from the Order of heaven.
Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:47 am
-snip-
Since the Doji had told her to take the lead, she moved to the position in waiting for the dias, bowing low and waiting for her to join while she waited for her turn and the acknowledgment of Shiba.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Dojihime followed suit with proper etiquette.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:27 pm
Genji was there as well, dressed in fine court clothing, as usual. His eyes sparkled, and there was a certain energy about him, interestingly enough.

[PM if approached]
Now there's someone I haven't gotten a feel for.

Sora homed in on Genji, and awaited acknowledgment.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:00 pm
Since the Doji had told her to take the lead, she moved to the position in waiting for the dias, bowing low and waiting for her to join while she waited for her turn and the acknowledgment of Shiba.
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:02 pm
Dojihime followed suit with proper etiquette.
Shiba's eyes were following the fox's antic for a moment before the two approached. Once they did, though, his eyes turned to them and he nodded, a small smile on his face. "Doji-san, Nozomi-san. What brings you before me today?"
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm
Nozomi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:00 pm
-snip-
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:02 pm
-snip-

Shiba's eyes were following the fox's antic for a moment before the two approached. Once they did, though, his eyes turned to them and he nodded, a small smile on his face. "Doji-san, Nozomi-san. What brings you before me today?"
"Emperor, thank you for taking a moment of your time to speak with us," Nozomi said, keeping her eyes downcast even when bidden to rise and respond. "Doji-sama and I, in speaking very recently, encountered a question that we felt may be of concern to the Imperial Throne. We wished to present it before you, so that your will might be made known on the subject, because as the Emperor it is your will and thus Heaven's that is important in this."

"Within the Celestial Order, the positions of Heimin and Samurai are established. As the Order of Heroes has recently been given leave to be founded through a monastery, we of the Order wish to be clear on the Emperor's wisdom as to where in the Celestial Order our role is best served. We do not wish to presume as we are not concerned with personal advancement, only to serve the will of heaven in the course of our spiritual duties and following the teachings of Shinsei with whom you had such a powerful conversation yesterday."

"As such, we place the matter in our Emperor's capable mind and hands." She was definitely nervous about this, but if anyone was going to be the appropriate and even-handed voice, it would be that of the Emperor, even if the matter needed to wait for him to make aa decision.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:43 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:21 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:27 pm

[PM if approached]
Now there's someone I haven't gotten a feel for.

Sora homed in on Genji, and awaited acknowledgment.
"Ah, Jiyo-san." Genji flashed a wide smile at Sora, remiscient of the sun herself. Or a really annoying lantern. "I hope you have been well."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:45 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:43 pm
"Ah, Jiyo-san." Genji flashed a wide smile at Sora, remiscient of the sun herself. Or a really annoying lantern. "I hope you have been well."
"Ah, Hantei-san, I could complain, but would reveal myself as a whiner if I did."

He grinned.

"And yourself? Your social calendar has been quite the busy one this season."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:53 pm

"Ah yes, better to be a secret whiner. You feel superior thsat way."

He smirked. "Well, it is a rare opportunity to meet with my cousins and meet a lot of new people. How about you Jiyo-san? Enjoying yourself t court?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:58 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:53 pm
"Ah yes, better to be a secret whiner. You feel superior that way."
"Absolutely! Old people love feeling superior, proven fact."
He smirked. "Well, it is a rare opportunity to meet with my cousins and meet a lot of new people. How about you Jiyo-san? Enjoying yourself at court?"
"Well, it has its moments. Makime-san's road proposal, for example, was a pleasant surprise. And there's certainly plenty to keep everyone busy..."

Current Theme

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:10 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:58 pm
Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:53 pm
"Ah yes, better to be a secret whiner. You feel superior that way."
"Absolutely! Old people love feeling superior, proven fact."
He smirked. "Well, it is a rare opportunity to meet with my cousins and meet a lot of new people. How about you Jiyo-san? Enjoying yourself at court?"
"Well, it has its moments. Makime-san's road proposal, for example, was a pleasant surprise. And there's certainly plenty to keep everyone busy..."
"Maybe you should write a book about it?"

He smiled once again. "Hai, that proposal certainly had merit. A faster way to exchange books perhaps?"