[D5, EA] Observing the Recording (Open, Event)

Yoshitsune Chizu

Re: [D5, EA] Observing the Recording (Open, Event)

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:36 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:27 am
"Well, that makes two of us. Don't let it worry you too much, I think he's been working on this for years, no shame in failing to grasp it in an afternoon."
“Perhaps you’re right,” the Crab allowed. “I’ve never had the gift for this sort of thing - theology, and such. It’s just frustrating because it seems like it must be important.” She crumpled up her notes into a ball and stashed them in one sleeve.

“But please forgive my poor behavior,” she said apologetically, bowing to Sora once again. “Ive seen you around, but don’t think we’ve properly met? I’m called Yoshitsune Chizu.”
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:49 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:36 am
“Perhaps you’re right,” the Crab allowed. “I’ve never had the gift for this sort of thing - theology, and such. It’s just frustrating because it seems like it must be important.” She crumpled up her notes into a ball and stashed them in one sleeve.

“But please forgive my poor behavior,” she said apologetically, bowing to Sora once again. “Ive seen you around, but don’t think we’ve properly met? I’m called Yoshitsune Chizu.”
"No one ever meets me properly, Yoshitsune-san, and I like it that way."

He bowed in response, a hair deeper than etiquette required.

"I'm Jiyo Sora. And you're right, it does seem important. Hopefully, someone will leave a written record I can get into the Libraries in a comprehensible form."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:47 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:49 am
"I'm Jiyo Sora. And you're right, it does seem important. Hopefully, someone will leave a written record I can get into the Libraries in a comprehensible form."
"Are you a librarian, then?" Chizu asked, sounding interested. "I have heard good things about the Imperial Libraries."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:23 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:20 am
"Thank you. I consider it a good thing to do, at the very least. If I can help aa few find meaning in their place in life, then I consider it a victory." She looked on at them and smiled to herself. "I have a lot to be grateful for, so why not share that gratitude?"
"Mm, that's a good mindset!" she agreed, bobbing her head. "I think that's why mother works so hard to help others too. She knows you and your order care much for the orphans that the Saru family take in, so she wanted me to let you know that all the children are doing well. Takurou-san whom you met briefly the other day, and who put on the big feast with Zhe, is one of the orphans she's taken in - so they're all given opportunity to grow and pursue the paths they want in life."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:57 am
snip
Ayumu returned the bow, and answered while going through a series of codified stretches of his fingers and wrists:

"Just doing my part. A long time ago, when people were asking me why I had rallied the banner of Shiba, I used to answer along the lines of: Even if you cannot change the world yourself, you can help by mending the socks of those who can.

And Shinsei's definitely doing his best to help reshape the world today. I'm not sure I understand everything he is saying, but his words are likely to shape the philosophy of all the powers and powers-to-be in that room.

I'm also about certain he did so in purpose. The man's a more cunning politician that he wants people to believe. Maybe not the most admirable of skills, but a required one to achieve one's objectives."
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:51 pm

His own efforts aborted, Gusai remains, watching, trying to learn something.

(PM or quote, please; I'd be happy to talk!)
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:27 pm
Ayumu returned the bow, and answered while going through a series of codified stretches of his fingers and wrists:

"Just doing my part. A long time ago, when people were asking me why I had rallied the banner of Shiba, I used to answer along the lines of: Even if you cannot change the world yourself, you can help by mending the socks of those who can.

And Shinsei's definitely doing his best to help reshape the world today. I'm not sure I understand everything he is saying, but his words are likely to shape the philosophy of all the powers and powers-to-be in that room.

I'm also about certain he did so in purpose. The man's a more cunning politician that he wants people to believe. Maybe not the most admirable of skills, but a required one to achieve one's objectives."
"He is a wise man. There are many kinds of wisdom..." Hikaru frowned. "I am not sure that I understand all of it either. I had the honor to speak with him on a matter recently. Unfortunately, some answers are beyond him, or anyone."

He took a deep breath, and then, sipping water, he looked back to Ayumu. "Politics is likewise beyond me. Perhaps there is an advantage in being underestimated? I am not sure I know at all what it takes to be a good politician. An eye on the big picture, surely." Hikaru pursed his lips thoughtfully, a moment. "Lady Doji manages Crane lands well, and makes it appear effortless. I wonder if it truly is, or if it is another example of Kami being beyond mortal capabilities."
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:23 pm
"Mm, that's a good mindset!" she agreed, bobbing her head. "I think that's why mother works so hard to help others too. She knows you and your order care much for the orphans that the Saru family take in, so she wanted me to let you know that all the children are doing well. Takurou-san whom you met briefly the other day, and who put on the big feast with Zhe, is one of the orphans she's taken in - so they're all given opportunity to grow and pursue the paths they want in life."
There was a little, distant warmth. She knew that, if Shirayuki was saying that her daughter specifically should mention it if she saw her? She was also saying that her children were doing well. Those two little hellions of 'orphans' she had left behind in the safe care of the Saru because it was not widely known that they were her children, not like with Mayumi, were still ever on her mind even if she didn't have a chance to see them as she wished.

"Good. I think that is one of the things that the Saru does best. It's one of the reasons I was happy to see to it that any orphans caused by the mother bear would be cared for by the order if need be. Nobody should ever grow without a family. I'm glad that this tradition is being kept up. Tell your mother... Tell her thank you." It might have sounded odd to put it quite that way, but she wanted Shirayuki to know that she was legitimately grateful for the secrets that the woman protected on their behalf, the secrets she didn't doubt that Togashi also protected.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 pm
There was a little, distant warmth. She knew that, if Shirayuki was saying that her daughter specifically should mention it if she saw her? She was also saying that her children were doing well. Those two little hellions of 'orphans' she had left behind in the safe care of the Saru because it was not widely known that they were her children, not like with Mayumi, were still ever on her mind even if she didn't have a chance to see them as she wished.

"Good. I think that is one of the things that the Saru does best. It's one of the reasons I was happy to see to it that any orphans caused by the mother bear would be cared for by the order if need be. Nobody should ever grow without a family. I'm glad that this tradition is being kept up. Tell your mother... Tell her thank you." It might have sounded odd to put it quite that way, but she wanted Shirayuki to know that she was legitimately grateful for the secrets that the woman protected on their behalf, the secrets she didn't doubt that Togashi also protected.
"Of course! I know she'll be happy to get any word from old friends when I return home, so if you want letters or the like, I can deliver that too." She nodded happily. Satsuki didn't know the deeper meaning behind the message from her mother, but she knew the Order and the Saru were very much of the same opinion when it came to orphans and children.

"Should I bring something back from the capital to the orphans? Something small perhaps, so that everyone can get something?" she mused out loud.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:32 pm
"Of course! I know she'll be happy to get any word from old friends when I return home, so if you want letters or the like, I can deliver that too." She nodded happily. Satsuki didn't know the deeper meaning behind the message from her mother, but she knew the Order and the Saru were very much of the same opinion when it came to orphans and children.

"Should I bring something back from the capital to the orphans? Something small perhaps, so that everyone can get something?" she mused out loud.
"You might have quite a lot to acquire if that is the case, but it is a lovely sentiment. Perhaps something small. As for a message, I will pen something before we depart, so that it may be shared with her." Nothing too open. She was careful not to discuss the matter of her two Saru cousins. They were by now in the know, but everything was maintained very carefully to ensure the ruse was preserved. "I might fetch a couple netsuke to include. I'm sure they would appreciate such little gestures."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:10 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:47 pm
"Are you a librarian, then?" Chizu asked, sounding interested. "I have heard good things about the Imperial Libraries."
"Oh yes. I was one of the ones who came up with the idea during the trip South, as it happens. Got the idea when I saw a Nezumi library."
Last edited by Jiyo Sora on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:40 pm

Yuzuru had been there from the beginning and would be there at the end. He was strangely silent, and even more strangely . . . did not look happy.

Hsieh-Hsieh keep a look out for the annoying flying black chicken Shinsei kept . . . the wily old fox was determined to make a breakfast out of the stupid caw machine.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:55 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:10 pm
"Oh yes. I was one of the ones who came up with the idea during the trip South, as it happens. Got the idea when I saw a Nezumi library, as it happens."
"The Nezumi have libraries, truly?" Chizu asked, sounding intrigued. "I had not thought that they were...." Civilized? Literate? The Crab groped for a more diplomatic word.

"Uh, scholarly," she said at last.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:59 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:55 am
"The Nezumi have libraries, truly?" Chizu asked, sounding intrigued. "I had not thought that they were...." Civilized? Literate? The Crab groped for a more diplomatic word.

"Uh, scholarly," she said at last.
"Well, theirs work differently from ours- they use scented sticks. You can fit a lot of information onto a stick that way, and with their sense of smell, they can read it."

He chuckled.

"I may have made a bit of a nuisance of myself asking about their methods of organization and cataloging, but they seemed agreeable enough. White Moonrise and I got along pretty well during the expedition, I'm sure that opened a few doors for me. But yes. Anyway. Much as we old people like to talk about ourselves, I feel I've been neglectful, as a member of the Imperial Families, in asking after the needs of our guests. Would it be too much if I asked what the Crab hope to accomplish this winter?"

Current Theme

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:02 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:59 am
"Well, theirs work differently from ours- they use scented sticks. You can fit a lot of information onto a stick that way, and with their sense of smell, they can read it."
"How curious!" Chizu commented. "My sensei would never have tolerated letting our books become smelly." The big girl attempted to conceal a giggle behind her hand at this peculiar thought.
Jiyo Sora wrote:"I feel I've been neglectful, as a member of the Imperial Families, in asking after the needs of our guests. Would it be too much if I asked what the Crab hope to accomplish this winter?"
"Well..." Chizu paused a moment to gather her thoughts. "Our clan would like to be well-thought of, by the Emperor and his court. Considering the distance that our lands are from the capital, we don't wish to be forgotten or overlooked. So, it's our hope to make a favorable impression on the Imperial families and the court."

"If I could, Jiyo-sama, may I ask if you have any advice on this?" Her dark eyes were serious as she posed this question.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:47 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:02 am
"How curious!" Chizu commented. "My sensei would never have tolerated letting our books become smelly." The big girl attempted to conceal a giggle behind her hand at this peculiar thought.
"Quite the thing in Nezumi circles, I assure you..."
"Well..." Chizu paused a moment to gather her thoughts. "Our clan would like to be well-thought of, by the Emperor and his court. Considering the distance that our lands are from the capital, we don't wish to be forgotten or overlooked. So, it's our hope to make a favorable impression on the Imperial families and the court."

"If I could, Jiyo-sama, may I ask if you have any advice on this?" Her dark eyes were serious as she posed this question.
That... brought a curious expression to his face. A sort of mixture of sympathy and regret.

"Well. I know that the Emperor doesn't regard a single mistake as cause for a poor opinion, so... regard there may already be warmer than your people think. And Hida-sama accepted his brother's judgment, which may have been his duty, but couldn't have been easy. My own... early interactions with both Hida and Anjing were... less than ideal."

To put it mildly.

"But I know this. The Emperor loves his siblings, and he cares for all of his subjects. Crab participation in Imperial projects- such as the Libraries, or perhaps the road system that Makime Ayano-san spoke of the other day would do much to insure that your place in the Empire is never lost in the shuffle. I visited the lands now held by the Stag, and I have visited the current lands of the Crab, and have seen Crab engineering firsthand. I think the Clan of Hida is a boon to Rokugan. I am certain that the Emperor likewise wishes nothing but the best for you and yours."

He chuckled.

"So, if you'll pardon a long-winded old man for taking forever to get to the point? My advice would be to do what you're doing- staying engaged with the wider Empire, not withdrawing. You share borders with the Dragon, the Spider, and the Bat. Engage with them, and your connections to the wider Empire are all but assured. Another thought? Encourage students from other Clans- or the Imperial Families- to study in your schools. Never let the rest of us forget what you have to offer."

Current Theme

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:11 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:03 pm
snip
"Even the Kami must have some sort of limits or they wouldn't require human followers to second them at all. Likewise, even Shinsei's knowledge isn't infinite.

Yet, no question is without answer in absolute. It's just that the search for that answer can sometimes span several lifetimes. There are mathematicians that work their whole life on the same problem and are unable to crack it. But through their many attempts, they still discover new formulas, theorems, strangeness, that will eventually pave the way to a solution several generations later.

A quest is only truly fruitless when one chose to hide their failures to the world instead of sharing with it what they learned from them."
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:40 am

This was not her jam, so she made the figurative peace sign and was out.

Peace out nerds and she departed with her retinue.

/exit
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:59 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:11 am
"Even the Kami must have some sort of limits or they wouldn't require human followers to second them at all. Likewise, even Shinsei's knowledge isn't infinite.

Yet, no question is without answer in absolute. It's just that the search for that answer can sometimes span several lifetimes. There are mathematicians that work their whole life on the same problem and are unable to crack it. But through their many attempts, they still discover new formulas, theorems, strangeness, that will eventually pave the way to a solution several generations later.

A quest is only truly fruitless when one chose to hide their failures to the world instead of sharing with it what they learned from them."
"Yes. Weaknesses. Frailties. Foibles." Hikaru sighed gently. "And yet, they are beyond us." He paused for a long moment, considering. But he said nothing else on it.

His forehead creased. "Yes... there are answers that are beyond a single lifetime. And many journeys are worth making, regardless of the outcome." He looked at Ayumu, his pale eyes strange. "But suppose the expedition to rescue Hisomu had failed. What might be the state of the Empire then?"
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Nozomi wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:41 pm
"You might have quite a lot to acquire if that is the case, but it is a lovely sentiment. Perhaps something small. As for a message, I will pen something before we depart, so that it may be shared with her." Nothing too open. She was careful not to discuss the matter of her two Saru cousins. They were by now in the know, but everything was maintained very carefully to ensure the ruse was preserved. "I might fetch a couple netsuke to include. I'm sure they would appreciate such little gestures."
"Hmmm... something small, yes. Maybe little trinkets. Or plants that only grow here maybe." Plants were easier!

"Netsuke, hm? They might have some in the town, I think. Or if not available, I'm sure some of the craftsmen could make something before the winter has thawed."
Theme | Profile