[D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Doji Dojihime

Re: [D4 LA] RP Thread: Discourses on Tea and Wine

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:59 pm

"The pit is sealed, my father told us the tale as he was there," she replied with some minor confusion.

"The corruption may linger but it seems a trifle now, and more an issue for the Nezumi?"
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:04 pm

"Perhaps more directly, yes, but corruption of the land is a concern for all. A wound, even if closed, can still fester..." she spoke with some seriousness to her tone.

"It might have created an imbalance between the realms. To allow the evil realm to take a foothold in our world."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:06 pm

"Then those that wish to see to such twisted lands should be commended for their fidelity to maintaining the balance," she said calmly.

"But that seems a far darker and headier subject for tea, or is this the norm among the Spider?"
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:13 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:39 pm

"Bah! Let them have tea!" He waved towards the unhappy assortment of tea drinkers. "Besides, when one is right and true, the people around them will take notice, sooner or later. We must act with our true intentions, and ignore the chaos around us." He raised his cup towards her. "That is what my dear father said to me once, at least. Probably not speaking of tea versus sake though."

He drank some more of the sake in his. "How have you been so far Akodo-san?"

Genji's many years of being reared by Kinsen meant that he was both aware of her eyes boring at him and adept at ignoring it.
The Lion smiles happily at Genji's strong words, nodding supportively and not noticing Kinsen -- or much of anything else, really. At a question about her, there's a tint of demure that comes to her manner, even as relaxed as she is.

"Ah," she chuckles, "I've been fine, Hantei-sama. You're kind to ask. There is, um, a lot here that I'm not accustomed to." She looks at him with what some might even call a batting of eyelashes, though the river girl wouldn't know how to do that if she tried. "And you? I hope being snow bound hasn't been too unpleasant?"
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:13 pm

The Lion smiles happily at Genji's strong words, nodding supportively and not noticing Kinsen -- or much of anything else, really. At a question about her, there's a tint of demure that comes to her manner, even as relaxed as she is.

"Ah," she chuckles, "I've been fine, Hantei-sama. You're kind to ask. There is, um, a lot here that I'm not accustomed to." She looks at him with what some might even call a batting of eyelashes, though the river girl wouldn't know how to do that if she tried. "And you? I hope being snow bound hasn't been too unpleasant?"
"Fine? Glad to hear." He eyed her cup. "Don't let it get too cold, take a drink Akodo-san." He smiled, and took a sip himself. Ah...the sounds of a burgeoning alcoholic. Or a teenage male.

"I can certainly understand. Truthfully, there is a lot that is new to me as well." He gestured with his arms. "Like this civil war brewing over tea or wine. But! The important thing for one is to know oneself, stand firm, and never waver." He paused. "Or at least waver only occasionally. Being here has been surprisingly refreshing. I came off a recent campaign in Nezumi lands, and my father expected me to return to his side and help him govern, but this small distraction has caused a hiccup. Still, it means I get to know more about our dear Empire, and meet people who otherwise I would not have had an opportunity." He raised his cup towards her. "For that, I am glad."
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:23 pm

"Fine? Glad to hear." He eyed her cup. "Don't let it get too cold, take a drink Akodo-san." He smiled, and took a sip himself. Ah...the sounds of a burgeoning alcoholic. Or a teenage male.

"I can certainly understand. Truthfully, there is a lot that is new to me as well." He gestured with his arms. "Like this civil war brewing over tea or wine. But! The important thing for one is to know oneself, stand firm, and never waver." He paused. "Or at least waver only occasionally. Being here has been surprisingly refreshing. I came off a recent campaign in Nezumi lands, and my father expected me to return to his side and help him govern, but this small distraction has caused a hiccup. Still, it means I get to know more about our dear Empire, and meet people who otherwise I would not have had an opportunity." He raised his cup towards her. "For that, I am glad."
The Lion absent-mindedly takes a small drink. Mmm, this Scorpion sake is almost frighteningly smooth...

Kawauso smiles and looks down as Genji talks about knowing yourself and not wavering, the words striking a particular cord.

"Yes, it is a, um, special experience to meet so many people and see so much of a great empire just gathered in one place." She blinks twice, feeling the sake a bit more than she had a minute ago. "Ah, but, a campaign against the Nezumi? I had thought peace was made in the south?" A wave of uncertainty rolls over Kawauso's face, hinting at her lack of knowledge of the region.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:33 pm

"Ah, gomen, gomen. It was a campaign in Nezumi lands. There were some ogre raiders and the Stag sent some troops to help, and my father tasked me with leading them." His smile flickered in and out as the memories hit him, but for now, he let them go.

"Have you met anyone interesting, or special, Akodo-san, during your time here?"

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:39 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:06 pm
"Then those that wish to see to such twisted lands should be commended for their fidelity to maintaining the balance," she said calmly.

"But that seems a far darker and headier subject for tea, or is this the norm among the Spider?"
" To be fair, my father is...as much as I love him, would be eager to apply that same comparison to nearly any gathering outside of close friends or family." Susumu smiles fondly at the thought. "And he would tell it to your face, be you peasant or kami. Another reason why I am here I'm his place"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:42 pm

"Your honored father is rather direct and well spoken then," she said kindly.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Kawauso relaxes, nodding in understanding, and then freezes when the direct question comes.

"Blee, ah, I suppose there are many interesting people here," she side steps, trying to think faster than the sake is allowing. "I, um, met a very interesting Crane inventor, engineer, person," she says inelegantly before stopping to better compose herself. "Um, have you met anyone especially interesting? Hunters of great bears or anything," she jokes lamely.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 pm

"Oh, a Crane engineer? Can I ask whom?" He seems to slip by the person quickly and easily.

"Oh, certainly Bayushi-san is a wonderful person with quick wit and interesting wardrobe." He indicated to the hostess. "Your clanswoman, Makime-san is also quite lovely, as are the pair of Crab delegates to court. Doji Hikaru-san is a poet and a duelist, and is quite adept at both."

He put his cup down for now. "I think this court is quite colorful so far."

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:36 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:42 pm
"Your honored father is rather direct and well spoken then," she said kindly.
"He is most certainly direct" Susumu replies. "Some call it his greatest attribute. But I've been prattling on about myself, how have you both been enjoying the festivities?"
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 pm
"Oh, a Crane engineer? Can I ask whom?" He seems to slip by the person quickly and easily.

"Oh, certainly Bayushi-san is a wonderful person with quick wit and interesting wardrobe." He indicated to the hostess. "Your clanswoman, Makime-san is also quite lovely, as are the pair of Crab delegates to court. Doji Hikaru-san is a poet and a duelist, and is quite adept at both."

"Mm, Doji Misaki-san is the engineer," Kawauso says with a smile. "Very creative. I hope to learn a bit from her," the Lion says, taking another drink from her cup.

The drink strengthens Kawauso against a pang of jealousy at the pretty people mentioned. "Mm," she indicates a sense of agreement. "Quite colorful, that is true." She contemplates another drink, but instead stares at it for a moment.

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:07 pm

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:36 pm
"He is most certainly direct" Susumu replies. "Some call it his greatest attribute. But I've been prattling on about myself, how have you both been enjoying the festivities?"
Dojihime glanced to the Dragon to hear her answer first.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:42 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 pm

In fact, Hikaru was there, but he was just blandly sipping tea, and talking to no one, a very neutral expression on his handsome features.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:07 pm
Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:36 pm
Dojihime glanced to the Dragon to hear her answer first.
"It's been... an unusual experience," she answered honestly after some thought. "I've never been around this many people at once before, certainly not from this many clans. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet, but I don't think I dislike it. Might be a bit too much activity some days for my personal tastes, but I'm appriciating the chance to learn new things. Like earlier today I got to learn how to fish, and I've never done that before!"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:53 pm

"What has given you reason to dislike the experience?" she asked.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:03 pm

"I don't like strangers or large groups." She said plainly with a shrug. "But, as I said, I don't think I dislike it. Simply not liking it doesn't mean disliking it - neutrality exists in between."

"I'm much more at home in a library or in the dojo."
Theme | Profile

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:54 pm

"Mm, Doji Misaki-san is the engineer," Kawauso says with a smile. "Very creative. I hope to learn a bit from her," the Lion says, taking another drink from her cup.

The drink strengthens Kawauso against a pang of jealousy at the pretty people mentioned. "Mm," she indicates a sense of agreement. "Quite colorful, that is true." She contemplates another drink, but instead stares at it for a moment.
"Oh? How lovely!" Genji replied with a wide smile, and some red cheeks. "Certainly, this wedding and court does seem to draw in people from all oer the Empire. "I am glad though, it is a good opportunity. Otherwise we wouldn't have met!" He gestured wildly. "Ano...did Akodo-san take part in the ball the other day?"

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:42 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:08 pm

"Oh? How lovely!" Genji replied with a wide smile, and some red cheeks. "Certainly, this wedding and court does seem to draw in people from all oer the Empire. "I am glad though, it is a good opportunity. Otherwise we wouldn't have met!" He gestured wildly. "Ano...did Akodo-san take part in the ball the other day?"
Sasori giggled from her hiding spot.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)