[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Doji Dojihime

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:24 pm

“She is sublime but does not limit herself to simply the minimal but also the ornate and all things in between. It seems a bit extreme to assume that those that prefer the simplistic are simply more honest than those that prefer ornamentation.”

“There is beauty in the simplistic, the natural but there is beauty in the majesty and pageantry of our society and world. To apply a moralistic view to that seems limiting, at least from my view.”

Dojihime added, “It takes a skilled artisan to create anything of value, simple or ornate.”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:37 pm

Kakita nodded his head at a slant kindly, "Perhaps you are correct. I will defer to your wisdom on the matter. I speak only of the preferences of a simple man and how he views the world."

So this woman wishes to antagonize me... I see... Unfortunate.

His features straightened as he expressed his sympathies, "I do hope that your mother's condition improves soon. She is a light to us all. I'm sure she would have loved to see the joyous union of your sister and her noble groom."
Last edited by Kakita on Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:37 pm
Kakita nodded his head at a slant kindly, "Perhaps you are correct. I will defer to your wisdom on the matter. I speak only of the preferences of a simple man and how he views the world."
“Your views are interested, and I do not mean to point out any glaring flaws simply the notion that simplicity is morally superior to ornamentation. Perhaps I read too much into the statement of Honesty,” she offered in response.
Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:37 pm
So this woman wishes to antagonize me... I see... Unfortunate.

His features straightened as he expressed his sympathies, "I do hope that your mother's condition improves soon. She a light to us all. I'm sure she would have loved to see the joyous union of your sister and her noble groom."
“Thank you but the rumors of her illness are simply overblown, she simply has many demands on her time as all Champions do. Her presence is missed but we understand that Duty supersedes all other concerns, as is befitting a samurai,” Dojihime responded.

“Duty comes before love.”
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:56 pm

He nodded politely, "As it always should."

The thoughts of ornamentation and dishonesty rolled through his mind as the daughter of Doji lied to him. Surely she did not know he knew the truth... or perhaps she herself did not know the truth. She was merely saving face... obfuscating the truth to protect the mother she loved. He did not dare to think worse of her than that... For the darker implications behind such a lie were certainly nothing she was capable of.

He smiled softly, "I look forward to your play. It is an auspicious occasion for a man like myself to be blessed with the abundance of opportunity presented by each of the members of the clans. I was a young boy when I first heard the stories of Lord Hisomu's rescue. I shall be honored to see it depicted."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:09 pm

"Thank you, we will do our utmost to honor the great heroes of before," she said calmly.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:21 pm

He nodded, "We are lucky to have both the daughter of Lord Nanzi and his close advisor and confidant with us to help provide a clear depiction of the heroism."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Hadananzi held back a bemused expression as Dojihime crept up to assist in the ambush of Kakita. Truly he was watching a master at her craft.

As talk turned from simplicity to the tale of Hisomu's rescue, Hadananzi drifted back into the conversation. "I have no doubt that the Crane will be up to the task of relating the tale of Hisomu-sama's harrowing rescue. It is a tale that must be told across the empire, to inspire those who hear it for years to come."

Then, turning to Dojihime, Hadananzi bowed and offered a brief smile. "And how is my honored sister doing this fine day? I'd be remiss if I did not ask after her." Kakita himself was left standing to the side as if forgotten in this moment.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:48 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:29 pm
Then, turning to Dojihime, Hadananzi bowed and offered a brief smile. "And how is my honored sister doing this fine day? I'd be remiss if I did not ask after her." Kakita himself was left standing to the side as if forgotten in this moment.
Hadananzi elicited a smile as she responded, “The day finds me well and healthy; I was a bit slowed by the cold and sadly missed many of the early festivities. I pray my honored brother-in-law can forgive my lethargy.”

“But just his presence brightens my day, and I am sure he does the same for my honored sister, I would be jealous if not so happy for her and her future.”

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Kakita simply stood beside the two and nodded intently... a model of poise and courtesy as the two exchanged pleasantries.

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:35 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:17 am
An overdressed dragoness, how delightful!
Sora moved in on his niece with a jaunty spring in his step, and awaited acknowledgment.
Satsuki took her attention away from the proceedings on the dais, as it was now Ayano's turn to speak, to nod to Sora. She'd wait until the line was cleared. It looked so stupid to stand in line in front of the Emperor.

"Uncle Sora, good day. The old bones aren't bothering you too much today?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:48 pm
Hadananzi elicited a smile as she responded, “The day finds me well and healthy; I was a bit slowed by the cold and sadly missed many of the early festivities. I pray my honored brother-in-law can forgive my lethargy.”

“But just his presence brightens my day, and I am sure he does the same for my honored sister, I would be jealous if not so happy for her and her future.”
Hadananzi placed a hand over his heart and smiled brightly. "Oh, but it is the presence of my darling wife who brightens me to such illumination. I cannot take full credit for such, though I am flattered by your kind words."

His eyes slid back over to Kakita, as if just now remembering his presence. "Does Bat-san have someone to illuminate his life like my dear wife does with mine?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:19 pm

"A simple woman or man, waiting back home perhaps?" she added lightly.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:20 pm

Kakita shakes his head softly in the negative, "No, I am not so blessed as of yet."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:27 pm

"Hmm, a shame, really Bat-san. Perhaps some time could be devoted to finding such a person for yourself while you are here? There is certainly no shortage of opportunity in that regard. What do you think, dear sister?"

Played by GM Bakuriel

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 pm

Hadananzi wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:27 pm
"Hmm, a shame, really Bat-san. Perhaps some time could be devoted to finding such a person for yourself while you are here? There is certainly no shortage of opportunity in that regard. What do you think, dear sister?"
“I could see it, dear brother. If he makes himself presentable there is no shortage of alluring eyes he could not turn, even if he values simple fare. He has a certain aloofness and quietude about him that some would find deeply endearing. Though it remains on him to seize such opportunity,” she responded.

“My cousin in the Dragon remains unattached and seems an earnest and simple match for Kakita-san. But could a Bat tame a Dragon?”

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Kakita merely shook his head politely, "I do not assume to know. I entrust those whom I have pledged myself to will deal with me in a manner consistent with the service I render. I live to serve. I know that I am not a 'tamer', nor do I believe 'taming' is something for which I am well-suited... or even necessary for a daughter of the kami. But whatever my lady wills, I shall embrace wholeheartedly. I believe in the goodness of my lady and her decisions as to where I am best put to use. And I return that grace with loyalty. It is only a poor lord or lady who rewards loyalty with malice."

He looked to Hadananzi for a brief moment following the last words... a perception of intent pouring into his mind.

"It is as the Lady Dojihime has said, 'Duty comes before love.' And I have many duties which require my immediate attention..."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:56 pm

"Oh, are we keeping you from your duties dearest Kakita-san?" she asked glancing to Hadananzi.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm

He shook his head politely, "Not at all. I speak only of devoting time to pursuing personal affection. My duties bring me here and I have enjoyed your company. The insight you both provide expands my mind. It is truly an auspicious occasion for a man like myself to be so blessed."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:23 pm

"Perhaps romance will find you, Kakita-san," she offered.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:26 pm

He nods deferentially, "Perhaps... if Destiny wills it to be so."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-