[D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Ryoshun Rei

Re: [D4, EA] Imperial Court, Part 2 (Open, Event)

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:36 am

Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:25 am
He smiled kindly and nodded. "Your mother told us many years ago that we should speak his name. It would only be appropriate to construct a shrine to him here."
"Thank you. Once a location is decided, please inform me."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hadananzi

Post by Hadananzi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:40 am

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:30 am

He shook his head, “It is nothing deserving thanks I assure you. Simply a thought.”

He paused before asking, “What is your favored medium for self-expression?”
"Ah, painting, as it so happens. I find expressing myself with a brush to be the most effective method. It allows me to place a part of my soul on the canvas and share it with those around me. No other medium quite compares to it."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Charismatic | Groom of Ananzihime

Honor: 5.5, Status: 5.0, Glory: 3.0

Played by GM Bakuriel

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 am

A part of a soul… that is potentially concerning…

“I am sure your paintings are a sight to behold. I personally have always held an affinity for the simple expressions of the self… Poetry. Song. Dance... In simplicity, there is honor.”
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:34 am

Sora observed.

And barely managed to avoid laughing aloud at the idea of the Crane's play.

No doubt a great show of Crane and Stag heroism, with a grudging acknowledgement that the Spider organized things, and that not one of the four who accompanied Hantei was a Crane, all wrapped in a pretty bow to make some statement about Duty or Honor.

Fuck me, they're predictable.

Especially given the conversation he'd had with Dojihime the day before

Toxic levels of ambition seem to run in Nanzi's bloodline.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Shiba

Post by Shiba » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:11 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:36 am
"Thank you. Once a location is decided, please inform me."
"I will. Thank you, Ryoshun-san." He inclined his head toward her as a gentle dismissal.
Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:56 pm
Ayano entered the courtroom and approached the dais as well. She stayed back a respectful distance, waiting for the Emperor to finish speaking with those before her.
"Please approach, Makime-san. What brings you before me today?"
Imperial Families | Kami | Emperor | Clear Thinker | Enlightened | Paragon of Compassion | Precise Memory | Sage

Honor: 10.0, Status: 10.0, Glory: 10.0

Run by GM Canary

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:29 am

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 am
A part of a soul… that is potentially concerning…

“I am sure your paintings are a sight to behold. I personally have always held an affinity for the simple expressions of the self… Poetry. Song. Dance... In simplicity, there is honor.”
Hadananzi had ambushed the Bat called Kakita and being a helpful Crane she moved to flank him. She always enjoyed speaking with her kin and if he found this man interesting then who was she to not follow suit besides he seemed to show interest in speaking with her dear sister… and yet had not even bothered to speak with Dojihime… this would not do.

Armed with her tactical fan she added lightly, “My honored Brother in Law is quite the artist, and every work is a sublime creation that expresses his creative spark. But I get ahead of myself, who is this Bat who walks like a Crane in shadows yet values the simple things.”

“I was not aware that members of the Kakita had decided to haunt the halls of the Bat… or is the name just a coincidence.”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:35 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:17 am
An overdressed dragoness, how delightful!
Sora moved in on his niece with a jaunty spring in his step, and awaited acknowledgment.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:36 am

With a parting bow, Rei retreated to the side of the room.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:53 am

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 am
Another soft laugh from behind the fan, "Otomo-sama is a poet as well it seems. Far be it from me to question the opinion of one above my station. I suppose I shall have to accept your words as true."
"You flatter me, this time," Gusai replies. "I've made no study of such arts, though I don't scorn them. But it is known that the Crane excel in them; I defer to expertise."

His smile quirks, and he adds "I imagine you are quite studied, yourself."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:05 am

Shiba wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:11 am
"Please approach, Makime-san. What brings you before me today?"
The Lioness bowed low to both the Emperor and his Consort, then a nod of acknowledgment to the venerable fox.

"Your majesty, through your realm the clans have begun constructing a road network but it is for the most part a disjointed effort. For the joining of the communities inside their own lands this is probably best, but for connections between the clans it is not ideal. I wish to put forward the idea of a main road network whose construction would be a coordinated effort. Such a network could be integrated into the individual work of clans and thus just concentrate on the growing capitals and other larger villages or strategic locations." Ayano takes a breath, holding back her nervousness.

"I believe such a central network would both promote trade in your majesty's realm and allow a faster response to disaster, either natural or else created. And provide a chance for the clans to work together on a large scale project that benefits everyone as a whole."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:22 am

Sora quirked an eyebrow at Ayano's words.

As someone who'd dragged himself all over the empire...

That's an exceptionally good idea.

Current Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:26 am

Makime Ayano wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:05 am
The Lioness bowed low to both the Emperor and his Consort, then a nod of acknowledgment to the venerable fox.

"Your majesty, through your realm the clans have begun constructing a road network but it is for the most part a disjointed effort. For the joining of the communities inside their own lands this is probably best, but for connections between the clans it is not ideal. I wish to put forward the idea of a main road network whose construction would be a coordinated effort. Such a network could be integrated into the individual work of clans and thus just concentrate on the growing capitals and other larger villages or strategic locations." Ayano takes a breath, holding back her nervousness.

"I believe such a central network would both promote trade in your majesty's realm and allow a faster response to disaster, either natural or else created. And provide a chance for the clans to work together on a large scale project that benefits everyone as a whole."
She fluttered her fan in approval.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:29 am

Gusai also marks the Lion's words.

Connecting ports to cities would make trade smoother, he thinks, and that'd help all of us do better. Gonna have to talk to her.

Ideas form in his mind, but his eye swivels back to Tsubaki.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:32 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:29 am
Hadananzi had ambushed the Bat called Kakita and being a helpful Crane she moved to flank him. She always enjoyed speaking with her kin and if he found this man interesting then who was she to not follow suit besides he seemed to show interest in speaking with her dear sister… and yet had not even bothered to speak with Dojihime… this would not do.

Armed with her tactical fan she added lightly, “My honored Brother in Law is quite the artist, and every work is a sublime creation that expresses his creative spark. But I get ahead of myself, who is this Bat who walks like a Crane in shadows yet values the simple things.”

“I was not aware that members of the Kakita had decided to haunt the halls of the Bat… or is the name just a coincidence.”
Another familiar face joined in the conversation. Kakita remembered when he was much younger and Nanzi’s children would visit his sensei in the Dojo. The elder sister had always seemed the confident one and had bloomed into a beautiful mixture of both her parents best qualities.

He bowed politely at her arrival, “Lady Dojihime, I would introduce myself but it seems you already are aware of my name.”

He stood upright again smoothly, “There are some of the old tribe’s kin who are honored to serve in the northern reaches of the Empire. I am one such humble servant.”

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:44 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:33 am
Noticing no one else approached the Imperial Consort, Kinsen smoothly takes the opportunity to greet him in front of the witty fox with a proper bow. "I pray Lady Sun has blessed our dear Imperial Consort today."

Lowering herself further down, she wrinkles her nose showing appreciation to the adorable small canine companion. Perhaps it would come closer to be petted?

--
D4, EA, Animal Handling/Awareness + Benten + VP: 4d10o10k4 35
Hsieh-Hsieh narrowed his eyes at the approaching Stag. This one he knew, but where was the offering of food . . . or stick . . . ? He nudged forward, then remembered he had a job to do, so growled Kinsen's approach before scuttling forward a little sniffing to see if she had a proper offering hidden in hand.

Yuzuru turned at the growl, tilting his head and smiling.

"Kinsen, old friend, a delight to speak to you again."
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:45 pm

Kakita wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:32 pm
Another familiar face joined in the conversation. Kakita remembered when he was much younger and Nanzi’s children would visit him in the Dojo. The elder sister had always seemed the confident one and had bloomed into a beautiful mixture of both her parents best qualities.

He bowed politely at her arrival, “Lady Dojihime, I would introduce myself but it seems you already are aware of my name.”

He stood upright again smoothly, “There are some of the old tribe’s kin who are honored to serve in the northern reaches of the Empire. I am one such humble servant.”
“Samurai of note have a way gaining my notice, Kakita-san,” she said knowingly.

“I could stand to hear more of this stance of simplicity that leads to Honor, in your artistry.”
Last edited by Doji Dojihime on Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:59 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:45 pm
“Samurai of note have a way gaining my notice, Kakita-san,” she said knowingly.

“I could stand to hear more of this stance of simplicity that leads to Honor, in your artistry.”
Kakita bowed his head again in deference, "You honor me with your attention Lady Dojihime."

Straightening again he spoke, "I find that which is most moving to me personally tends to be that which is the most true reflection of something... Overly ornate coverings unfortunately hide that which is beneath. They are in one sense... a deception; obfuscation of that which is truly beautiful. The truth is simple; deceptions are complex and breed more deceptions to hide that which one does not wish to come to light."

He paused, "The simple song of a mother's love. A poem of devotion. A dance of adulation for blessings given from above. A painting of the majesty of the world we inhabit... It takes a truly honest soul to create such art. I feel there is Honor in that kind of honesty."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 pm

"Souls that prefer the ornate are not honest?" she asked.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Yuzuru wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:44 pm
Hsieh-Hsieh narrowed his eyes at the approaching Stag. This one he knew, but where was the offering of food . . . or stick . . . ? He nudged forward, then remembered he had a job to do, so growled Kinsen's approach before scuttling forward a little sniffing to see if she had a proper offering hidden in hand.

Yuzuru turned at the growl, tilting his head and smiling.

"Kinsen, old friend, a delight to speak to you again."
Oh, Kinsen wouldn't go without a treat. Specially if that treat is meaty and juicy.

She doesn't show it right away since it is court, and Hantei himself would not approve. But, in her sleeve pocket, there it was. Hsieh-hsieh wouldn't miss the smell. She puts both hands forward to welcome the creature nearby to steal it from within.

Looking up to Yuzuru as she tries treating the fox, Kinsen smiles at the mention of friendship and nods her head, "Yuzuru-hidenka. Dear friend. It is indeed good to be near you once again, and to know that you're in good health and admirably young, even with the passage of time."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:10 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 pm
"Souls that prefer the ornate are not honest?" she asked.
He shook his head gently, "No, not necessarily. Perhaps some are dishonest... but few connect with me the same way a simple poem about the love between siblings does. It takes a skilled artisan to blend the beautiful with the mundane... the inner form with the outer expression."

He turned to look at Dojihime more directly, "Your mother is such an individual. I once had someone quite close to me who served at your mother's side. Who would share poetry with her... This woman would share some of those compositions with me. The Lady Doji is the epitome of one who can capture the truth in the world with her expressions. A truly honest and compassionate soul."

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-