[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Ryoshun Rei

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:27 am

Rei joined the reception proper, looking around at the other guests and silently debating who to speak with.
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer
Status 4 βšͺ Glory 3 βšͺ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:28 am

Jiyo Sora wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:26 am
"Hm? No, no."

He chuckled. Two sakes in rapid succession appeared to be having... no appreciable impact.

"I was born with that little gift, but it's related to the spirits in some way. Not really sure which ones, but not the Realm of Evil."
"Does it allow you to see spirits?" Her tone indicated that she was quite interested in the possibility. "I had heard that your priests could speak with the spirits of your land and petition them for favors, though I admit to not truly understanding what that means."
Ivindi β€’ Merchant β€’ Dangerous Beauty β€’ Trustworthy Foreigner β€’ Kami-Resistant β€’ Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:28 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:26 am
"I don't know how long it would take to make a few tiny armor sets. Maybe I could carve some out of wood if I borrow a knife. I am not too artistic but I am sure someone could draw us a background."
"I could make some Origami animals to represent the kami who were there. Though a stag would be there..." She contemplates rather seriously.
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:30 am

Viveki Doshi wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:28 am
"Does it allow you to see spirits?" Her tone indicated that she was quite interested in the possibility. "I had heard that your priests could speak with the spirits of your land and petition them for favors, though I admit to not truly understanding what that means."
"Not as such. It shows me the future sometimes. What our spirit-talkers do is a bit different. I don't really understand it fully myself, but many of those who follow the Emperor have the gift."
Imperial β€’ Assassin and former Babysitter β€’ Experienced 2 β€’ Bushi β€’ Evil Eye β€’ (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) β€’ Team Hikaru Veteran β€’ Disturbing Countenance β€’ Willow β€’ Blessed by Fukurokujin β€’ Probably Older Than You β€’ Librarian β€’ Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:34 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:27 am
Rei joined the reception proper, looking around at the other guests and silently debating who to speak with.
Kyosei drifts close to the pale figure. When in conversation distance, he gives a short bow. "Good evening. I am Kyosei, of the Isawa. May I ask you some questions?"
Imperial β€’ Shugenja β€’ Mine-Overseer β€’ Trader β€’ Experienced 2 β€’ Jade β€’ Earth β€’ Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:35 am

Hisomu Ayeka wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:28 am
"I could make some Origami animals to represent the kami who were there. Though a stag would be there..." She contemplates rather seriously.
"I don't know anything about origami, but that sounds really tough. We should think the whole project out then see if any other spider want to contribute."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:37 am

Following her wonderful (not) delivery of her gift, Satsuki in very a inelegant manner hoisted up the many layers of her luxurious outfit until it her knees were bared to move out of the way for the next person... and to find a corner to hide in.

Holyshitsomanypeopleohmyheavenswhyisthisstupidoutfitsoheavy!

She grumped to herself as she found a place to stand by herself, very unhappy with the situation that had forced her into this stupid getup. Why was auntie Doji so damn impractical when it came to clothes?!
Last edited by Togashi Satsuki on Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon β€’ Daughter of the Dragon β€’ Fire β€’ Shugenja β€’ Sassy Princess β€’ Otherworldly Beauty β€’ Tattooed β€’ Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected πŸ‰ Status: 3.0 πŸ‰ Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:38 am

Hisomu Fumi wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:35 am
"I don't know anything about origami, but that sounds really tough. We should think the whole project out then see if any other spider want to contribute."
"Oh, that's a good idea! Maybe we can make a whole event of it."
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:40 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:36 pm
"I hope the same may become the standard for our Clans starting from today. After all, It was during the Great Hida-kami-sama's test of might that Benten-kami's blessings favored me by... well... getting dear husband eyes to notice this humble one's efforts to build up a wall."
β€œI should like that very much,” Chizu said, then paused to pick her words carefully. β€œBut - forgive me - I’m too unimportant a person to shape the course of our Clans. But I hope our friendship might be a step in that direction.”
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:40 am

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:30 am
"Not as such. It shows me the future sometimes. What our spirit-talkers do is a bit different. I don't really understand it fully myself, but many of those who follow the Emperor have the gift."
"Even if you do not fully understand it, it seems that you have used your gift well, if you saved one of your Kami from a Realm of Evil." She taps her fingers against the side of her sake cup. "I admit to some amount of... concern... with regards to stories I have heard about your priests utilizing magic. In the Ivory Kingdoms, we believe that magic is the domain of the gods, and that mortals who draw upon such power are..." Viveki's voice lowered to a near-whisper. "...committing acts of blasphemy."

"Or at least, that is what our priests tell us," she continues, her voice back at its normal volume. "My family are merchants, so we concern ourselves more with copper than blessings."
Ivindi β€’ Merchant β€’ Dangerous Beauty β€’ Trustworthy Foreigner β€’ Kami-Resistant β€’ Rich AF

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 am

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:40 am
"Even if you do not fully understand it, it seems that you have used your gift well, if you saved one of your Kami from a Realm of Evil." She taps her fingers against the side of her sake cup. "I admit to some amount of... concern... with regards to stories I have heard about your priests utilizing magic. In the Ivory Kingdoms, we believe that magic is the domain of the gods, and that mortals who draw upon such power are..." Viveki's voice lowered to a near-whisper. "...committing acts of blasphemy."

"Or at least, that is what our priests tell us," she continues, her voice back at its normal volume. "My family are merchants, so we concern ourselves more with copper than blessings."
"Well, our spirit-talkers mostly say that they aren't the ones doing it- they entreat the elemental spirits around them to perform acts of magic. So it's a bit like when I pray to the Seven Fortunes, only the result is typically a bit more immediate."
Imperial β€’ Assassin and former Babysitter β€’ Experienced 2 β€’ Bushi β€’ Evil Eye β€’ (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) β€’ Team Hikaru Veteran β€’ Disturbing Countenance β€’ Willow β€’ Blessed by Fukurokujin β€’ Probably Older Than You β€’ Librarian β€’ Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:46 am

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 am

"Well, our spirit-talkers mostly say that they aren't the ones doing it- they entreat the elemental spirits around them to perform acts of magic. So it's a bit like when I pray to the Seven Fortunes, only the result is typically a bit more immediate."
The reply seems to relax Viveki a bit, and she smiles as she takes another sip of sake. "That does seem far more... appropriate? If the spirits are the ones performing the magic, then it still keeps it out of mortal hands, which seems acceptable. Do the priests have specific spirits they ask for these favors, or do they just ask and see which spirit answers?" A pause. "I apologize if I am asking questions that are not easy for you to answer. I must seem like a child with all my pestering."

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:48 am

Having finished her own gift giving, Ayano was moving to return to her seat when....well she saw the young Dragon's faux pas. It brought on feelings. Feelings born of empathy for the awkwardness and feelings of absolute joy in that her own minor slip was going to be inked over as nice Lion girl gave some fancy cloth...DID THAT DRAGON JUST OPENLY SAY HER GIFT WAS PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BE NOTICED BECAUSE THE COUPLE WOULD BE...DOING THE THING?!

Which was acceptable, Dragon were weird anyway so they would recover.
Lion Clan β€’ Tactician β€’ Sage β€’ Makime Heir Apparent β€’ Favored by Daikoku β€’ Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:50 am

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:40 am
β€œI should like that very much,” Chizu said, then paused to pick her words carefully. β€œBut - forgive me - I’m too unimportant a person to shape the course of our Clans. But I hope our friendship might be a step in that direction.”
"There's nothing to forgive. You're young and should have a great future ahead of you. I am certain that the feelings, ideas and interchanges that should transpire within this Palace would boom across the entirety of Rokugan." Kinsen tries soothes Chizu's potential discomfort with her words.
Stag β€’ Mom β€’ Bushi β€’ Fierce β€’ Blessed β€’ Rawr β€’ Ouch β€’ Nails β€’ Golden β€’ Hearts β€’ Yuki-onna
Description β€’ Theme β€’ Honor: What is Expected β€’ Status: 4.0 β€’ Glory: 9.3 β€’ Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:54 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:37 am
Following her wonderful (not) delivery of her gift, Satsuki in very a inelegant manner hoisted up the many layers of her luxurious outfit until it her knees were bared to move out of the way for the next person... and to find a corner to hide in.

Holyshitsomanypeopleohmyheavenswhyisthisstupidoutfitsoheavy!

She grumped to herself as she found a place to stand by herself, very unhappy with the situation that had forced her into this stupid getup. Why was auntie Doji so damn impractical when it came to clothes?!
Kuu sidled up to the Dragon and greeted her. "You look like you would be more comfortable in something that moves easier," he says with a smirk. "You could do what I did and take a vow against worldly possessions. I get to wear simple and comfortable clothing thanks to that, even at fancy gatherings."
Order of Heroes Β° Monk Β° Calligrapher Β° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:54 am

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:46 am
The reply seems to relax Viveki a bit, and she smiles as she takes another sip of sake. "That does seem far more... appropriate? If the spirits are the ones performing the magic, then it still keeps it out of mortal hands, which seems acceptable. Do the priests have specific spirits they ask for these favors, or do they just ask and see which spirit answers?" A pause. "I apologize if I am asking questions that are not easy for you to answer. I must seem like a child with all my pestering."
"Oh, I expect I'll make up for it when I interrogate you about your country's customs. From what I understand, some of them do have specific spirits they keep track of, but most of them call upon whatever local elemental spirits are nearby."

Current Theme

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:58 am

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:54 am
"Oh, I expect I'll make up for it when I interrogate you about your country's customs. From what I understand, some of them do have specific spirits they keep track of, but most of them call upon whatever local elemental spirits are nearby."
"I believe that our cultures have much to learn from each other." She motions around her. "To change topics somewhat, I am curious: is this reception provided by the bride, or the groom? Is this fairly typical of one of your marriages?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:59 am

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:58 am
"I believe that our cultures have much to learn from each other." She motions around her. "To change topics somewhat, I am curious: is this reception provided by the bride, or the groom? Is this fairly typical of one of your marriages?"
"Well, in this case, since the bride is so close to the Emperor, the Imperial Families are putting on the shindig. Generally speaking, our weddings aren't this elaborate, but with Doji as the bride's mother, this one was always going to be a bit... much."

Current Theme

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:02 am

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:59 am
"Well, in this case, since the bride is so close to the Emperor, the Imperial Families are putting on the shindig. Generally speaking, our weddings aren't this elaborate, but with Doji as the bride's mother, this one was always going to be a bit... much."
"Ah, yes, she is the... Kami of the Crane, yes? Why..." Viveki realized that this was probably not the venue to ask just what he meant with his comment about Doji, so she veered in a different direction. "...or rather, what is this drink?" She motions with her almost-empty sake cup. "It does not taste like most wines. What fruit is this?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:03 am

Kuu wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:54 am
Kuu sidled up to the Dragon and greeted her. "You look like you would be more comfortable in something that moves easier," he says with a smirk. "You could do what I did and take a vow against worldly possessions. I get to wear simple and comfortable clothing thanks to that, even at fancy gatherings."
"Yes I would be!" she exclaimed, both with frustration and delight that someone agreed with her. "I... maybe I should consider that, maybe. At some point. But I'm..." sighing, Satsuki steadied her breath and went through the practiced introduction she'd been taught. "I'm Togashi Satsuki, daughter to Lord Togashi of the Dragon Clan, and Lady Togashi Saruko. An honor to meet you, ascetic-san." The young girl bowed.

"It's expected of my family that I wear this to such a formal event, but I personally think it's stupid to make people wear something that is impractical."
Dragon β€’ Daughter of the Dragon β€’ Fire β€’ Shugenja β€’ Sassy Princess β€’ Otherworldly Beauty β€’ Tattooed β€’ Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected πŸ‰ Status: 3.0 πŸ‰ Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).