[D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Hisomu Fumi

Re: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 pm

"I was there at Kanna and Mai's as well, but... well... I barely remember it."

Fumi frowned down at the little plates of wagashi. "I am not sure. Would you like a plate?" She lowered her voice, "plenty of others are eating them. Perhaps they taste good." Her brow lowered slightly into a serious expression as she accented the word good.

"I hope while we are here, I will be able to find some interesting stories. Anything useful I can scribe for the library would be nice."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:36 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:21 pm
Chizu is unable to resist returning Kinsen's wide smile. "There is no way I could do otherwise," she protested. "Lord Yoshitsune has spoken about your famous battle with the Noriaki lord, and I am certain that he holds you in the highest regard. It is my great honor to meet you, as well. I hope that we may become friends!"
Her eyes to sparkle an extra bit as Chizu mention friendship. Unable to contain a small laugh of joy, she agrees, saying, "Ara, ara. We have always been friends, Yoshitsune-sama and myself. It will be short of me and I wouldn't befriend someone he has raised into his household."

A moment of silence for the message to sink in passes, and she speaks again, before Chizu does, "I hope the same may become the standard for our Clans starting from today. After all, It was during the Great Hida-kami-sama's test of might that Benten-kami's blessings favored me by... well... getting dear husband eyes to notice this humble one's efforts to build up a wall."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 pm
"I was there at Kanna and Mai's as well, but... well... I barely remember it."

Fumi frowned down at the little plates of wagashi. "I am not sure. Would you like a plate?" She lowered her voice, "plenty of others are eating them. Perhaps they taste good." Her brow lowered slightly into a serious expression as she accented the word good.

"I hope while we are here, I will be able to find some interesting stories. Anything useful I can scribe for the library would be nice."
"I am sure there will be plenty of interesting stories for you to find, Fumi-san," Ayeka's head bobbed with certainty. She takes the second plate. Takes a small taste. "I myself simply hope to acquit myself as best I can. And anything I can do to help Matsu-sama."
Spider | Bushi | Swordswoman | Idealist | Kind | Kouhai
Honor: A Soul Above Question | Status: 1 | Glory: 3

Carries: katana, fashionable kimono, fancy hat with silk veil, sake cup.

Companion: Shuri, cat.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:23 pm
A Wild Sora Appears!
Huh. That's new. Looks a little bit like Nanzi, but no reason to hold that against her.

Sora made his way over to the foreigner and offered a short bow.

"Not sure if they do that where you come from- we didn't used to do it here- but no matter. I'm Sora, of the Jiyo family. How are you finding the Empire?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:42 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 pm
Sora made his way over to the foreigner and offered a short bow.

"Not sure if they do that where you come from- we didn't used to do it here- but no matter. I'm Sora, of the Jiyo family. How are you finding the Empire?"
"Of a sort," she replied, snapping out of her self-kicking to face the new arrival. She sets her drink aside, then clasps her hands together, palm-to-palm, and returns the bow. "Thus far, the hospitality has been very good. I am Viveki, of the Doshi family." Her accent was noticeable, but not enough to make her speech difficult to understand.
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Speaking: Rhuumal, Nezumi, Senpet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:48 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:42 pm
"Of a sort," she replied, snapping out of her self-kicking to face the new arrival. She sets her drink aside, then clasps her hands together, palm-to-palm, and returns the bow. "Thus far, the hospitality has been very good. I am Viveki, of the Doshi family." Her accent was noticeable, but not enough to make her speech difficult to understand.
"Never seen or heard anyone quite like you. Where are you from? I've never been farther than the Nezumi Empire, personally, so I hope you'll indulge my ignorance."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:51 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:48 pm
"Never seen or heard anyone quite like you. Where are you from? I've never been farther than the Nezumi Empire, personally, so I hope you'll indulge my ignorance."
"Ignorance is nothing to apologize for, should one seek to rid themselves of it." Viveki smiles, some of her frustration leaving her. "I am an Ivindi, from the Ivory Kingdoms. Were you to travel to the heart of the Nezumi Empire, and then travel west for many weeks, you would come across my homeland."

She makes a vague gesture behind her. "I have many charts and maps in my things, if you wish for a more accurate look at our location."
Ivindi • Merchant • Dangerous Beauty • Trustworthy Foreigner • Kami-Resistant • Rich AF

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:53 pm

[quote="Hisomu Ayeka" post_id=2900 time=1623019081 ""
She takes the second plate. Takes a small taste.
[/quote]

The green ones are some manner of matcha mochi, the purple is sweet potato and pink is peach. Fumi appeared to not like the pink one, having not touched it.

Fumi allows herself a small smile, not yet fully used to this concept of On. Ayeka might have noticed the servant refill her sake cup. "You will serve Matsu-sama well. I am sure she appreciates all your efforts."

"Hopefully, we'll be able to get home soon, though. Its awfully cold here."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:57 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:53 pm
The green ones are some manner of matcha mochi, the purple is sweet potato and pink is peach. Fumi appeared to not like the pink one, having not touched it.

Fumi allows herself a small smile, not yet fully used to this concept of On. Ayeka might have noticed the servant refill her sake cup. "You will serve Matsu-sama well. I am sure she appreciates all your efforts."

"Hopefully, we'll be able to get home soon, though. Its awfully cold here."
"You are homesick already?" Ayeka teases, finishing every piece on her plate. "I do not know that I am in such a hurry. Yes, I am no great fan of the colder weather, but I think the warm company more than makes up for it. Have you met that charming gaijin woman yet? We had quite a conversation in the hot spring this afternoon."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:51 pm
"Ignorance is nothing to apologize for, should one seek to rid themselves of it." Viveki smiles, some of her frustration leaving her. "I am an Ivindi, from the Ivory Kingdoms. Were you to travel to the heart of the Nezumi Empire, and then travel west for many weeks, you would come across my homeland."

She makes a vague gesture behind her. "I have many charts and maps in my things, if you wish for a more accurate look at our location."
Sora's eyebrows went up.

"Might I get copies made? I'm... sort of spearheading our system of libraries, and I'm always looking for more knowledge of the world."

He chuckled.

"And it might do some of our people good to recall that there's a world beyond our Empire. I shudder to think of what we might become if we only ever looked inward."

Current Theme

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:05 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:01 pm
Sora's eyebrows went up.

"Might I get copies made? I'm... sort of spearheading our system of libraries, and I'm always looking for more knowledge of the world."

He chuckled.

"And it might do some of our people good to recall that there's a world beyond our Empire. I shudder to think of what we might become if we only ever looked inward."
Viveki considers the question, then nods. "That should not cause any problems. I do not wish to discuss business at a wedding, as it is bad luck, but I believe that we could work out a mutually beneficial arrangement in the near future, yes? I am very interested in your own lands, both physically and with regards to your people."

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:06 pm

"Warm company, you say? Already found some nice company to keep the cold at bay?" Her voice dropped to a near whisper, tinged with a slight sultry tone.

"A gaijin? No, I have not. I wonder how her people view sll this etiquette and formality." She paused and frowned slightly, "was your warm company this gaijin? I mean, I don't disapprove and I support your choices but... I mean... it's not like I.. err..." Another cup of sake went down so fast Fumi nearly choked. Her face now quite red, though from the alcohol or something else who knew.
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:09 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:06 pm
"Warm company, you say? Already found some nice company to keep the cold at bay?" Her voice dropped to a near whisper, tinged with a slight sultry tone.

"A gaijin? No, I have not. I wonder how her people view sll this etiquette and formality." She paused and frowned slightly, "was your warm company this gaijin? I mean, I don't disapprove and I support your choices but... I mean... it's not like I.. err..." Another cup of sake went down so fast Fumi nearly choked. Her face now quite red, though from the alcohol or something else who knew.
Ayeka held her hand up to her face to disguise her wide giggles. "I do not mean in such a fashion. Though our conversation was rather warmly regarded, she is an adept conversationalist, and filled with insights to her own people." She sipped her sake. Then spoke again in a low tone. "Besides, it is the first day of the gathering. Give me at least a second day, neh?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:13 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:05 pm
Viveki considers the question, then nods. "That should not cause any problems. I do not wish to discuss business at a wedding, as it is bad luck, but I believe that we could work out a mutually beneficial arrangement in the near future, yes? I am very interested in your own lands, both physically and with regards to your people."
"I'll make sure to make some time in my schedule." He grinned. "I might want to make sure my wife is there- she's both more polished than I am, and between you, me, and anyone else who wants to know? She's smarter by far."

Current Theme

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:15 pm

Hisomu Ayeka wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:09 pm

Ayeka held her hand up to her face to disguise her wide giggles. "I do not mean in such a fashion. Though our conversation was rather warmly regarded, she is an adept conversationalist, and filled with insights to her own people." She sipped her sake. Then spoke again in a low tone. "Besides, it is the first day of the gathering. Give me at least a second day, neh?"
Fumi's eyes narrowed suspiciously for a second before nodding in understanding. "Learning about other people's cultures could be enlightening. Not exactly my specialty but perhaps they don't view the same things as forbidden as Rokugani do."
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:15 pm

Kuu had found an out of the way spot to sit and observe. He eventually found the chance to offer the gift from the Order of Heroes he was given to present. After that he went and moved through the crowd hoping to meet some new people and chat.

[PM if approached]
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:20 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:13 pm

"I'll make sure to make some time in my schedule." He grinned. "I might want to make sure my wife is there- she's both more polished than I am, and between you, me, and anyone else who wants to know? She's smarter by far."
Viveki nods in feigned seriousness. "Yes, the women of my land are also smarter than the men."

After a moment, her smile reappears, and she retrieves her sake from where she had placed it. "I am looking forward to this meeting. If you might indulge my curiosity, what can you tell me about your wife?"

Hisomu Ayeka

Post by Hisomu Ayeka » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:24 pm

Hisomu Fumi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:15 pm
Fumi's eyes narrowed suspiciously for a second before nodding in understanding. "Learning about other people's cultures could be enlightening. Not exactly my specialty but perhaps they don't view the same things as forbidden as Rokugani do."
"There are many things that our cultures can learn from each other, I am certain." Her head bobs. "Perhaps each of us shall inform changes in the other. Who can be certain? But as I can see it, their society is somewhat older than ours. There is value in seeing what can be learned from them in any case. Still, they have something in their lands that seems similar to the Celestial Order. So if nothing else, we have common grounds to discuss from."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:29 pm

Viveki Doshi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:20 pm
Viveki nods in feigned seriousness. "Yes, the women of my land are also smarter than the men."

After a moment, her smile reappears, and she retrieves her sake from where she had placed it. "I am looking forward to this meeting. If you might indulge my curiosity, what can you tell me about your wife?"
"Well... her name is Kinyoubi, and she was born in the Isawa tribe. She's a phenomenal scribe, a canny scholar, a good mother to our children, and if it weren't for the fact that her taste in men appears to be me, I'd be tempted to call her judgment flawless."

He grinned and snagged a sake from a passing tray.

"She was with us on the mission to rescue Hisomu. Which means she's also braver than I am. I was a warrior from the time I could stand. Marching into a hostile environment comes naturally. But for a scribe with no weapons training to join such a trip?"

He raised his cup in salute to his absent spouse.

"That is courage."

Current Theme

Viveki Doshi

Post by Viveki Doshi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:29 pm
"Well... her name is Kinyoubi, and she was born in the Isawa tribe. She's a phenomenal scribe, a canny scholar, a good mother to our children, and if it weren't for the fact that her taste in men appears to be me, I'd be tempted to call her judgment flawless."

He grinned and snagged a sake from a passing tray.

"She was with us on the mission to rescue Hisomu. Which means she's also braver than I am. I was a warrior from the time I could stand. Marching into a hostile environment comes naturally. But for a scribe with no weapons training to join such a trip?"

He raised his cup in salute to his absent spouse.

"That is courage."
"A mission to rescue Hisomu?" Viveki held her cup in both hands as she sipped at her drink. "That is the lord of the Spider family, yes? Was he captured by an enemy?"
Last edited by Viveki Doshi on Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.