Temple of the Restful mind (D6, LA)

Anjing Sagara

Temple of the Restful mind (D6, LA)

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Blessed by Fukurokujin no kami, Sagara felt that she had exposed what her life experience had brought her in spellcraft. The samurai-ko decided to visit his temple to bring him some offerings and blessings, showing thanks to the Fortune for his aide. The samurai-ko sat down in senza, eyes closed. Her mind searching to go blank as she focused her mind in the universe around her.

Meditation/Void. TN20: 41 - 2 Void recovered
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Otomo Gusai

Re: Temple of the Restful mind (D6, LA)

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:22 pm

Gusai makes to pay his respects again, this time at a less...privileged location. Not sure I want to be much associated with it, he thinks.

Seeing Sagara, he does not disturb her meditations. Instead, he simply sits in thought for a time, not having skills with prayer or introspection, mentally thanking Daikoku and Suitengu, and the rest of them.

But he will be happy to talk with her when she is ready.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:50 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:22 pm
Gusai makes to pay his respects again, this time at a less...privileged location. Not sure I want to be much associated with it, he thinks.

Seeing Sagara, he does not disturb her meditations. Instead, he simply sits in thought for a time, not having skills with prayer or introspection, mentally thanking Daikoku and Suitengu, and the rest of them.

But he will be happy to talk with her when she is ready.
Sagara opened her eyes and before her was Gusai. She rose to stand and bowed to the Otomo samurai of the seas, "Konichi wa, Otomo Gusai-san. I hope you have been blessed with rice today."
Anjing Sagara
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:40 am

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:50 am
Sagara opened her eyes and before her was Gusai. She rose to stand and bowed to the Otomo samurai of the seas, "Konichi wa, Otomo Gusai-san. I hope you have been blessed with rice today."
Gusai stands to return the bow and replies, "I have, Anjing-san, and I hope you've as well, and that your meditation was productive."

His eye flickers up and down her, then about the area. Since he's only got the one, it's fairly obvious where it moves.
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:23 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:40 am
Gusai stands to return the bow and replies, "I have, Anjing-san, and I hope you've as well, and that your meditation was productive."

His eye flickers up and down her, then about the area. Since he's only got the one, it's fairly obvious where it moves.
"Meditation went swell, Otomo Gusai-san. After the religious debate of this morning, I just needed to settle in most of my thoughts." Corresponded the women with a kind tone. She stretched through and through to make sure that the time meditating had not caused any ache in her body. "I haven't seen you in a while, how has the court been treating you?"
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:52 am

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:23 am
"Meditation went swell, Otomo Gusai-san. After the religious debate of this morning, I just needed to settle in most of my thoughts." Corresponded the women with a kind tone. She stretched through and through to make sure that the time meditating had not caused any ache in her body. "I haven't seen you in a while, how has the court been treating you?"
"Well enough," Gusai replies. "Although I feel I was somewhat adrift the first couple of days, so now I have to make up for lost time."

He grins, as charming as he can be without rolling since dayflip has happened, and says "Talking with you is a boon for that."
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:04 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:52 am
"Well enough," Gusai replies. "Although I feel I was somewhat adrift the first couple of days, so now I have to make up for lost time."

He grins, as charming as he can be without rolling since dayflip has happened, and says "Talking with you is a boon for that."
She acknowledges his grin, seductive and tempting as it may be, yet for one who is blessed by Earth, and also married, the charms may not be as strong as he would expect it to be. In any case she accepts it and responds with a suggestive smile. "Seeing you can also be an unexpected and welcomed surprise, Gusai-san." She opted for a more close appellative. "I myself have also been keeping some days to myself to catch up, and to recuperate from the claustrophobia of some days or meetings. Of course your meeting caused different effect than phobia."
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:04 am
She acknowledges his grin, seductive and tempting as it may be, yet for one who is blessed by Earth, and also married, the charms may not be as strong as he would expect it to be. In any case she accepts it and responds with a suggestive smile. "Seeing you can also be an unexpected and welcomed surprise, Gusai-san." She opted for a more close appellative. "I myself have also been keeping some days to myself to catch up, and to recuperate from the claustrophobia of some days or meetings. Of course your meeting caused different effect than phobia."
Knowing nothing of her internals, of course, Gusai sees her smile and hears her words, thinking Given names, eh? So he responds in kind, laughing at her last comment and saying "That's good to hear, Sagara-san! I'd hoped I'd not been such a fright as all that!

"Things've been well with you otherwise, I trust? And will you be attending either of tonight's productions?"
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:28 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:57 pm
Knowing nothing of her internals, of course, Gusai sees her smile and hears her words, thinking Given names, eh? So he responds in kind, laughing at her last comment and saying "That's good to hear, Sagara-san! I'd hoped I'd not been such a fright as all that!

"Things've been well with you otherwise, I trust? And will you be attending either of tonight's productions?"
Sagara was aware of what he didn't know. Not many understood the language of female kimono depending on the marital status. "Not a burden at all Gusai-san, not at all."

"I will visit the show. I was looking forward to hearing the theatrical version of the events, even though I must confess I know little about the real events at all, just mere stories passed around by the common people at best."
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:18 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:28 am
Sagara was aware of what he didn't know. Not many understood the language of female kimono depending on the marital status. "Not a burden at all Gusai-san, not at all."

"I will visit the show. I was looking forward to hearing the theatrical version of the events, even though I must confess I know little about the real events at all, just mere stories passed around by the common people at best."
"I imagine it'll be edifying," he says. "And I look for other things to be illuminating, as well."

He breathes before continuing. "Although I must admit I'll be glad to get back aboard the Endeavor and underway again. I miss having a deck under my feet."
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:18 pm
"I imagine it'll be edifying," he says. "And I look for other things to be illuminating, as well."

He breathes before continuing. "Although I must admit I'll be glad to get back aboard the Endeavor and underway again. I miss having a deck under my feet."
"The sea" she added after his mention of the vessel, "I must confess I don't know much about the sea or boats. I was born on the mountains and have lived on mountain valleys, mountain bases, mountain slopes, but never near the sea. I would hope that Gusai-san would allow me to go on a ride sometime."
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:48 pm
"The sea" she added after his mention of the vessel, "I must confess I don't know much about the sea or boats. I was born on the mountains and have lived on mountain valleys, mountain bases, mountain slopes, but never near the sea. I would hope that Gusai-san would allow me to go on a ride sometime."
The brow over Gusai's right eye rises.

"I'd be most happy to do so," he says. "There're all kinds of things I think Sagara-san might enjoy along the way."
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:48 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:00 pm
The brow over Gusai's right eye rises.

"I'd be most happy to do so," he says. "There're all kinds of things I think Sagara-san might enjoy along the way."
"I am sure that Gusai-san can show me much." She grinned seductively, "why, I don't even remember ever having eaten fish. Neither have I felt the sun bathe my body."
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:48 pm
"I am sure that Gusai-san can show me much." She grinned seductively, "why, I don't even remember ever having eaten fish. Neither have I felt the sun bathe my body."
Gusai is eminently allured.

"I think I can help you with both," he says, grinning in return. "I've eaten well and with gusto at many ports of call, and the touch of the sun's warmth is gentle balm for many, as well."
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:55 pm
Gusai is eminently allured.

"I think I can help you with both," he says, grinning in return. "I've eaten well and with gusto at many ports of call, and the touch of the sun's warmth is gentle balm for many, as well."
"I'm pretty good at cooking some goat" confessed the shugenja (since nothing is yet unallowed to eat), "I add some ginger and minced garlic to the dish, and just some special secret ingredient. I don't tell any stranger the secret ingredient, so if you wan't to know what it is you need to get to know more of me,"
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:27 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:16 pm
"I'm pretty good at cooking some goat" confessed the shugenja (since nothing is yet unallowed to eat), "I add some ginger and minced garlic to the dish, and just some special secret ingredient. I don't tell any stranger the secret ingredient, so if you wan't to know what it is you need to get to know more of me,"
"I've had goat," Gusai notes. "Some river trade and some northern work's introduced me to it. Good eating, if done well--and it sounds like you've got a table I'd like to eat at." It's hard to tell, given that he's only got the one eye, but it looks like he winks. "And getting to know people's one of the best parts of life."
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:48 am

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:27 pm
"I've had goat," Gusai notes. "Some river trade and some northern work's introduced me to it. Good eating, if done well--and it sounds like you've got a table I'd like to eat at." It's hard to tell, given that he's only got the one eye, but it looks like he winks. "And getting to know people's one of the best parts of life."
"River trade, does that mean that you move deep" she paused cautiously with a soft gasp "into the lands of the Empire?" She caressed her own arms, softly raising part of the kimono sleeves to show part of her milky colored wrists. Her bosom gently rise when her arms push against them. She draws her eyes gently to them and then back at the Otomo. "It's good to know that Gusai-san is a very open person to trying things."
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:04 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:48 am
"River trade, does that mean that you move deep" she paused cautiously with a soft gasp "into the lands of the Empire?" She caressed her own arms, softly raising part of the kimono sleeves to show part of her milky colored wrists. Her bosom gently rise when her arms push against them. She draws her eyes gently to them and then back at the Otomo. "It's good to know that Gusai-san is a very open person to trying things."
Gusai shifts slightly, clearly allured. "I would hope the same is true of Sagara-san," he says. "And perhaps there are things we could show one another in our time here, as well."

He adjusts his eyepatch slightly. "I have no doubt that the mountains and valleys of her keeping hold many wonders, and I would love to explore them with her."
Otomo Gusai

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:04 pm
Gusai shifts slightly, clearly allured. "I would hope the same is true of Sagara-san," he says. "And perhaps there are things we could show one another in our time here, as well."

He adjusts his eyepatch slightly. "I have no doubt that the mountains and valleys of her keeping hold many wonders, and I would love to explore them with her."
She shifted her weight, moving her body forward to shorten the distance between them. She stepped slowly letting her air flow softly as she went. She brushed by him as she stepped to the door of the temple where the Fortunes might not pay so much attention to them. She looked back over her shoulder to the one eyed man with seductive words. "The sun is setting. Her light reflects over the Temple of Benten. There is such beauty in this shared moment."
Anjing Sagara

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:40 pm

Anjing Sagara wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:08 pm
She shifted her weight, moving her body forward to shorten the distance between them. She stepped slowly letting her air flow softly as she went. She brushed by him as she stepped to the door of the temple where the Fortunes might not pay so much attention to them. She looked back over her shoulder to the one eyed man with seductive words. "The sun is setting. Her light reflects over the Temple of Benten. There is such beauty in this shared moment."
"There is," Gusai agrees, with a hint of raggedness to his voice. "And it were a shame not to explore its beauty to the fullest allowed. And isn't beauty better shared than not? I've found it so, at least."

He breathes deeply, looking at her with clear longing. "Are we not made for such appreciation?"
Otomo Gusai