[Day 6 - EE] The Play Observation Thread

Doji Tsubaki

Re: [Day 6 - EE] The Play Observation Thread

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Otomo Gusai wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:36 am
"No home port for the ship of your life? No reliable rest and resupply?" Gusai frowns. "Sounds quite lonely."
She shakes her head, "Anything but. There are always new people to meet and new experiences to have."
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:54 pm

Doji Tsubaki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:44 pm
She shakes her head, "Anything but. There are always new people to meet and new experiences to have."
"And the present passage's been good for you in those regards, of course," Gusai says. "Or it seems to be; you look well and happy, which only adds to your beauty."
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 am
"I most certainly do, Ayano-sama. And I will consider it a deal then; I shall show you some of the dancing my family passed down, and otherwise entertain you some time. Something to make being inside all winter a little more of a good memory for the future."
"Ah...well I don't want you to think of it as entertaining me," Ayano blushes fully, "Just, well I am not sure what one would call it. Just something to enjoy together."
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:01 pm
"Ah...well I don't want you to think of it as entertaining me," Ayano blushes fully, "Just, well I am not sure what one would call it. Just something to enjoy together."
"And if I were to enjoy entertaining you, would that be a problem then? I do like making others happy, after all~"
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:12 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:06 pm
-snip-
"I was the last of the Noriaki." Says Kinsen as she looks to the tall woman nearby with a surprise in her eyes. "I was unaware Yamadono-san was given this title, too."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:12 pm
Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:06 pm
-snip-
"I was the last of the Noriaki." Says Kinsen as she looks to the tall woman nearby with a surprise in her eyes. "I was unaware Yamadono-san was given this title, too."
She shot daggers at Kinsen with her eyes. "He was known as Yamadono No Noriaki when we all went to the mission, Lady Kinsen." Anger still boiled through. "He never renounced the name, and wears it to this day, even as he retires through his marriage." Fists clenched, ready to lash out at any and all.

"I will not have him erased from history. Not when he was willing to sacrifice himself for the Empire!"
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:14 pm

His expression a neutral mask, Hikaru moved to attach himself to Dojihime, saying just behind, at her side.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:16 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:13 pm
She shot daggers at Kinsen with her eyes. "He was known as Yamadono No Noriaki when we all went to the mission, Lady Kinsen." Anger still boiled through. "He never renounced the name, and wears it to this day, even as he retires through his marriage." Fists clenched, ready to lash out at any and all.

"I will not have him erased from history. Not when he was willing to sacrifice himself for the Empire!"
"I know him very well. As I also knew you, Hisomu Matsu-san. Many that were there weren't portrayed in this specific play. It is artistic, as I see. All those monsters that Yoshitsune-san confronted while playing me... well... it was the opposite. I was the one to fall to secure others could fight."

She shakes her head, "Your anger is misplaced."
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:24 pm

Gusai does not leave his conversation. That would be rude. But his eye cuts over towards the towering Hisomu and the Lady Hantei.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:25 pm

"My anger is at the author!" She bit back, looking back to the stage. "To forget, to not even show that he sacrificed years of his life, his essence, to maintain the barrier!"

She then looked to the Crane delegation. "I would have the blood of whoever shit this excrement out!"
Spider Clan | Bushi | Thunder | Amazonian | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.0 | Status: 2.0

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:33 pm

Doji Misaki wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:51 pm
"And if I were to enjoy entertaining you, would that be a problem then? I do like making others happy, after all~"
Ayano's response was forgotten for the moment as her attention shifts to the shouting.

She maintains a calm demeanor on the outside but her mind was racing as it worked through the possible scenarios about to play out.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Misaki

Post by Doji Misaki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Misaki stayed quiet at this point at well. While she wondered inside if this wasn't all part of this "artistic interpretation", she did not say so out loud.
Crane Clan ✿ Architect ✿ Engineer ✿ Gardener ✿ Pure White Flower ✿ Pious
Glory: 2 | Status: 1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question
---------------------------------
Often carrying: plain but immaculately kept priestess' clothes
In the Wilderness: walking staff, yumi and arrows

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:50 pm

Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:25 pm
"My anger is at the author!" She bit back, looking back to the stage. "To forget, to not even show that he sacrificed years of his life, his essence, to maintain the barrier!"

She then looked to the Crane delegation. "I would have the blood of whoever shit this excrement out!"
Dojihime politely ignored the anger as is proper and then approached Kinsen and said, “Kinsen-obasan, yes you are correct about the validity of the scene but it was more to show the loss than to be accurate to when and how each member lived.”

“I was particularly impressed with Akodo Moshi and her stirring portrayal of the Spider samurai, she had to call upon so many talents and such range. To bring the bravery of Hisomu’s Bride and the strength of Yamadono-sama, yet also portray the skills of Ninube-san and the aggressive Kanna; to name a few.”

“As I just explained to Jiyo-san, these characters are no singular person unless they were named directly, one to save any offense if they did not like their portrayal and two to better catch the essence of the moment. The Rescue of Fu Leng clearly outlines the role that every member took and we honor them.”

Still ignoring the Spider she added to Kinsen, “I hope your portrayal did you justice, my dearest Aunt, Yoshitsune-san poured her heart and soul into the role.”

OOC: Etiquette "A samurai should be calm not boorish": 7d10o10k5+5 39
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Hisomu Matsu

Post by Hisomu Matsu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:53 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:50 pm
Hisomu Matsu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:25 pm

Dojihime politely ignored the anger as is proper and then approached Kinsen and said, “Kinsen-obasan, yes you are correct about the validity of the scene but it was more to show the loss than to be accurate to when and how each member lived.”

“I was particularly impressed with Akodo Moshi and her stirring portrayal of the Spider samurai, she had to call upon so many talents and such range. To bring the bravery of Hisomu’s Bride and the strength of Yamadono-sama, yet also portray the skills of Ninube-san and the aggressive Kanna; to name a few.”

“As I just explained to Jiyo-san, these characters are no singular person unless they were named directly, one to save any offense if they did not like their portrayal and two to better catch the essence of the moment. The Rescue of Fu Leng clearly outlines the role that every member took and we honor them.”

Still ignoring the Spider she added to Kinsen, “I hope your portrayal did you justice, my dearest Aunt, Yoshitsune-san poured her heart and soul into the role.”

OOC: Etiquette "A samurai should be calm not boorish": 7d10o10k5+5 39
"You will address me you incorrigable bitch!" She roared her stance more definite. "It was not just 'here are some Spider Samurai' in the pivotal rescue. It was my father!" A step out of the audience.

"You give me offense my omitting him from the very maw of the beast that they descended to!"

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:58 pm

Dojihime ignored the brute and said to those gathered, “The Crane are thankful for your attendance, and please enjoy as many refreshments as you like. I would also like to extend a heartfelt thanks to Doji Tsubaki for allowing us to use her venue.”

“Finally I hope that all come away from this with a newfound respect for the sacrifices of those that have come before, if one seeks further information the Imperial libraries are filled to bursting with texts on the subject.”
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:00 pm

The situation was starting to become quite tense.

But no one had threatened to tear someone else's hearth off yet, so it was probably still within reasonable limits.

Ayumu kept one eye on Kinsen though. Just in case.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:00 pm

Kawauso had sat quietly through most everything -- and was extra silent as the big Spider and the big Crane tested wills.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:09 pm

Satsuki, hearing the commotion from behind the curtain where she had retreated, peeked out to see what was going on.

Uh oh.

She had known the play wasn't accurate, but she had hoped others would've appriciated the effort to entertain since they were all stuck here until the snow thawed...

Seeing things tense, the Dragon princess moved closer to Matsu. Why? Who knew?
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:09 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:50 pm
-snip-
Noticing the offense to her niece, and the Crane's polite reaction in ignoring such display, Kinsen puts up a flat smile on her face. Her glittering green nails recoiled, and in peace. She shakes her head and looks to Chizu, "Yoshitsune-san did me great honor. I am deeply touched by this play, and will incentivize its promotion on Stag lands as it is proper –– if the Crane would be open to that."
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:00 pm
-snip-
She is not wearing her battle-ready kimono. That never stopped her to jump onto someone to rip their heads off, anyhow.

TN to be recognized is 0

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:16 pm

Nozomi witnessed Matsu's reaction and her arms folded, watching carefully. No... she could easily see why the Spider wouldn't take the whole thing with humor as the farce that it was. Why? Because she'd followed her father into the depths of hell and barely had him back when it was done. Finally, finally, she spoke, coming in closer and looking at the Doji somewhat calmly but pointedly.

"While this has been an interesting ... diversion," she said after a quick bow. "I do not believe that I require a visit to the Imperial histories to recall what happened in those days. My memory is not quite addled with age. Whatever diversion this has offered, I believe I will recommend your honored father's original verse on the events from shortly after they occurred. I recall he remembered the risks and sacrifices of the Spider, Stag and Chief of Chiefs in the final push with great favor."

There was a subtle implication in the way she said it. That implication was meant for both of them. Nanzi hadn't forgotten to include Seppun Dawei or Yamadono's achievements or the risks they'd taken when he rendered the historical record of what happened. She almost tried to step in to calm Matsu's anger, but she didn't. It wouldn't work, and she knew it. No, she'd play the Crane's game and be a little subtle about the reminder. She wasn't nearly as good about it, but one wouldn't expect her to be.

"Thank you for the performance. Hisomu-sama..., would you perhaps wish to get some fresh air?" This time she did address her friend. No concern, just an offer of a chance to vent somewhere else.

=====

Etiquette/Awareness mostly to attempt to cool the situation while hinting at the fact that the Stag and Spider heroes were not left out of the actual descent into Jigoku in Dojihime's father's accounts.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")