A Dragon Descends From The Mountain (D6, EM. Stag-rooms)

Otomo Gusai

Re: A Dragon Descends From The Mountain (D6, EM. Stag-rooms)

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Gusai's eye snaps to Satsuki as she speaks. And he nods to her words. Sounds good, he thinks, and far better than some others. Might not be one of Sora's weeds.

Again, though, knowing chains of command, he says nothing until and unless he is consulted.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Kinsen is oblivious of any trickery the Dragon Princess might have stored. She nods to Satsuki, taking much pleasure in her eloquence and sincerity –– and well as curious about the tattoo that she hadn't notice until now. Did it move?

That, though, reminds her of something important. She turns to her son, asking, "Genji-kun, did you bring that green jewel mom gave you a long time ago and told you to wear for protection?"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:07 pm

"Ah, I see. Hai, that is quute important." Genji did not catch the logical holes in the argument, just smiked happily as he ate.

"Perhaos your siblings could visit?"
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:56 pm

Wow, I really am good at this courtiering stuff.

"I'll talk to them, or send a letter, to hear if my brothers want to visit too. I imagine Taiyo would love to go - he's... a lot like mother in that regard; loves being around people. Including new people."

She looked between the three Stags. Three to one were interesting odds. "But! I've talked a lot about what the Dragon seek to accomplish while we're here; is there anything the Stag would need assistance with?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:06 pm

"Ah, Mother, I believe I brought it, but not sure."

He looked sheepish.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:35 pm

She sighs, and then uses both her hands to detach the jade pendant from the black choker at her neck. Genji knows that she never takes the choker from her neck, unless she's either bathing or changing to another, clean one.

Kinsen passes the jade to her son with both hands. She smiles, and says, "I would like you to use this near you, then. You can't go unprotected like that. Hmm~"
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:22 am

Stop the side-chatter and tend to the business, thinks Gusai.

He says nothing, though, and sips at his tea.

The Dragon is ready to deal; move!
Otomo Gusai

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:24 am

The Dragon princess seemed to be patient at least, as she watched the interaction between mother and child. In reality she kind of pitied Genji for being babied so by his mother. Did she chew his food too?

"Ah... Master Gusai. So what is the Hopeful Endeavor you spoke of earlier?" Polite side-talk while mother-son act was going on.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:37 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:24 am
The Dragon princess seemed to be patient at least, as she watched the interaction between mother and child. In reality she kind of pitied Genji for being babied so by his mother. Did she chew his food too?

"Ah... Master Gusai. So what is the Hopeful Endeavor you spoke of earlier?" Polite side-talk while mother-son act was going on.
Gusai turns to face Satsuki as she addresses him, and when she asks her question, he smiles broadly, and his single eye glistens.

"She's my ship," he answers proudly, "and it's on her decks that I sail the seas for the Stag and the Empire. Aboard her, my crew and I've gone many places, seen many wonderful things--and some less so--racing before the wind and climbing the mountains the waves make before rushing down their slopes again!

"Ah, to be aboard her again! But soon, soon."
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:45 pm

Hoping that Genji takes the protective item –- which is not a gift –– that he might need later today or even tomorrow, Kinsen soon turns her attention back to Satsuki and Gusai chatting. Smooth side chat is always a good way to make everything much more serene in negotiations.

Perhaps they knew, most probably they did not. Shit tons of black crows, Sora's weird visions and above all, Shinsei in town. It meant trouble, and extra protection to her son was never enough. She would not, though, raise an unneeded alarm.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:56 pm
She looked between the three Stags. Three to one were interesting odds. "But! I've talked a lot about what the Dragon seek to accomplish while we're here; is there anything the Stag would need assistance with?"
"Assistance. Well. If we could get more voices into establishing a peaceful relation with our brother in arms of th Crab Clan, that will be very welcomed. We feel that this conflict is a result of decision which greatly worsened the relations between Crab and Stag. We would like to go great lengths to see it converted into an alliance, instead," replies Kinsen.

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:54 pm

"Oh, a boat! That sounds exciting."

Satsuki easily focused back on Kinsen as the mother was done mothering, and she listened with some intent.

"Hmmm... there aren't many Crabs here, from what I've seen. An Anjing Sagara, and a Yoshitsune... oh, and one more Anjing." She considered this for a moment, wondering what the options could be. "If the Crab and Stag wish to perhaps meet on neutral ground to speak, the Dragon wouldn't mind providing that, but... things aren't that bad that you need neutral ground for signing a treaty or anything, neh?"
Theme | Profile

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:05 pm

"Having an outside witness is always a good thing," Gusai points out, his experience in negotiations showing. "It allows more of an equal approach, which helps all parties concerned feel valued--and thus more likely to agree to the terms on offer."
Otomo Gusai

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:26 pm

"Mm," she nodded, mulling it over in her head.

"If that's what you wish, I can write a letter to my mother and father, telling them the need to help maintain harmony in the Empire by making sure the Spider and Stag become friends again. Great Falls could be a good place to meet as it is the largest and easiest accessible town in our lands." She looked to Kinsen, a little bit curious to the story of why relations where so strained. "Family is important as mother always say, so I think she'd be happy to help out."
Theme | Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Kinsen nods, and provides a minor correction, "Satsuki-chan said Spider. It is the Crab Clan, though, that we need to amend this rupture. "

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:47 pm

(OOC: Derp! xD)

"Ah... yeah, you're right! I did!" Wait, why had she been thinking about Crabs? That was a strange one. Oooh... wait, it was probably because of the conversation the other day with Genji and the other cousins, talking about Crabs not being friends to the Stag either. "That was weird. I meant Spider, yes. I've met Hisomu Susumu-san and he seems nice. And the great Hisomu Matsu is here too."

"I could try speaking to any of them, to get a feel of how they feel about a meeting to work things out, if you like?"
Theme | Profile

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:49 pm

"It might be helpful," Gusai puts in. "If we could get a trade route through the Spider lands to our Crab cousins, it might do much to ease tensions."
Otomo Gusai

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:19 pm

"Indeed." Kinsen mentions, "The Crab would need access to the sea."

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:28 pm

Geography wasn't her strongest point, so she assumed the Stags had thought more about it.

"Okay, I'll let my parents know about this attempt to reconcile the Spider and Stag. And speak with Hisomu Susumu-san about it too to see how the Spider feel about the Dragon offering neutral ground for such a meeting," she summarized the points they had gone over. "This sounds acceptable, yes?"
Theme | Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:56 pm

Kinsen shakes her head again. "Satsuki-chan~"

Another moment, and she reinforces the same mistake from before, "What we need to solve is this situation with the Crab Clan. Not the Spider."

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Genji listened mostly.

"Certainly a meet in Dragon lands with both the Spider and Crab would be fruitful." Genji tried to tactfully step in.

"and in return, we are happy to support this temple. I am sure both the Seppun and my father would like the idea." His eyes swept over the gathering. "If we all come to an agreement." He flashed a smile to his cousin. "I must confess, I am looking forward to whatever comes up with these temples."