Skitter Skitter [D5 EM, Scorpion Zone]

Bayushi Kogi

Skitter Skitter [D5 EM, Scorpion Zone]

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:34 pm

((Open for, well, Scorpion characters))

Though it's early enough that the light in the Scorpion guest rooms is still mostly supplied by oil lamps rather than the thin winter-morning sun, Kogi is up and composed for the day--makeup applied, hair pinned up, veil in place. She's looking half-idly through some papers with a pot of steeped tea nearby.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Bayushi Sasori

Re: Skitter Skitter [D5 EM, Scorpion Zone]

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:37 pm

Sasori knocked on the frame of the door to announced herself. "Konichiwa Kogi sama." She gave a bow.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:13 pm

Shosuro is standing next to Sasori. Neither remember her walking up, but she's there nonetheless. She's probably unremarkable, with hair-colored hair and neutral eyes. She nods to each of them. "Bayushi Kogi-san. Bayushi Sasori-san."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi? | Unremarkable

Honor: 3.0, Status: 7.0, Glory: 1.0

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 am

"Shosuro-sama. Sasori-san. Good morning to both of you." The tilt of Kogi's head suggests a smile, even if her veil makes it difficult to verify. "Are you both well? There's tea." An opened hand indicates the pot.

"Who would have thought it would be so curiously busy after the wedding? I expected we would be halfway back to Lord Bayushi's keep by now, but we've had no chance even to catch up a few words."
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:21 am

"Hai... Kogi sama." She walked to take a seat. "Well, seems we will be leaving soon." Then she heard the rucus outside. "Why are there so many crows?"

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:29 pm

"Things have been very busy. When the Clans gather, it's never long before politics start," Shosuro agreed with a nod. "But then, that's what we are here for."

She nodded to the offer of tea.

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:26 pm

Kogi unstacks two further cups from the tea tray and pours for Shosuro, then Sasori, as manners dictate--although younger than Kogi, Sasori is still Kogi's senior in terms of years of instruction at Bayushi's side, making her a senpai in at least one sense.

"Sometimes I am surprised the Clans can make so much politics between them, when their lords are all brothers and sisters. And then... I remember the stories one hears from people with brothers and sisters." Her voice, emerging from behind the veil, is wry.
是藥三分毒

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:39 pm

Sasori shook her head. "The big tournament made them fight to create this... empire?... then the Hisomu having to be rescued from the claws of... chaos...." She sighed. "Now we fight to see who gets to say what and who." She shook her head again.

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:07 am

"As long as they keep it focused on one another, it's potentially useful. People fighting over ridiculous things is rife with opportunity," she said quietly before taking a sip of tea.

"This is very good, thank you."

She set the cup down. "The problem arises if they turn their attention to subverting the Emperor or if their actions could bring danger near. Or attempting to harm our Clan, of course."

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:25 am

Kogi nods agreement with that assessment. "Fortunately, the most malice I've noticed in the capital so far comes from this awful weather. And that is even-handed, at least."

She turns her teacup in her hands, thinking back through the past few days. "The Crane princess is, hmm... interesting? Not at all as my lord and the others who've met her describe her lady mother. Very determined to hold on tight to anything the people close to her do and say, from what I've seen." Her veiled head tilts a little, eyes bright. "I should like to see who and what slips between her fingers when she squeezes too hard. It must happen rather often.

"And I think someone ought to keep a closer eye on those monks, in the long term. They don't seem to really know what they are playing with in all their talk of heroes."

She glances conspicuously at the others, soliciting her two senpai's observations.
是藥三分毒

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:57 am

"Hai... I have seen the one known as Nozomi. She was very... interesting." Sasori sipped her tea. "Her child have one of my origami."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:29 am

"Have you noticed anything else we ought to keep an eye on for Bayushi-dono, Sasori-san?"
是藥三分毒

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:28 am

"Yes... interesting is one word. I have observed her exchanges," she agreed with a nod. "As far as the monks go, Shiba supports them to a considerable degree, and they know more than you might expect. We should keep an eye on them as we should on anyone, but try not to be... overly unfriendly."

When Kogi asked Sasori, Shosuro looked toward her for her answer.

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:52 am

"From the monks, I only met the one. She feels sometimes bit intense. This activity of Shinsei... is not my cup of tea." Sasori sighed. "I also feel that the Crane are up to something with the accounting of this play. I don't know how to explain it." The girl took out her fan.

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:45 pm

"The monks I talked with know a lot of stories... it's what they mean to do with them that I wonder about." A wry sort of hmph emanates from behind Kogi's veil. "They had much to say about the power of stories to encourage people to act. Much more vague about the kind of actions they want to inspire. I felt rather like I was watching a child who'd found fire, but didn't know what to use it for or how to handle it safely." She shakes her head a little, sending a ripple down the length of her veil. "The Emperor must know what he's doing with them, I suppose."
是藥三分毒

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:36 pm

"He does, and Bayushi trusts his judgment."

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:49 pm

"We'll just hope the tools are worthy of the carpenter, then." Kogi shrugs off her doubts for now. Bayushi's judgement isn't to be questioned.

"It seems like some of the wedding guests are trying to make this enforced stay into an occasion for work as well as play. One of the Dragon vassals asked me to meet with him later today about something that sounds like business... It's only too bad my lord didn't have some material project right at hand when we left home, otherwise a week with snowed-in bureaucrats would be a perfect time for turning Nos into Yeses." She shakes her head a bit wryly. "At least we can pass the time by listening to whatever the winds are saying. I haven't seen you much in court, Shosuro-sama, so I guess that you're keeping busy with your own affairs?"

Or else Shosuro has just been doing that... Shosuro thing she does. But even then, long familiarity would sometimes enable Kogi to catch a glimpse or two more than she has lately.
是藥三分毒

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:57 pm

Sasori sipped her tea. "Seems that the Stag might turn their line of thought toward the clan if Kogi sama and I try to sweet talk the Stag heir and the Lady of the Stag." Sasori sighed. "I am curious about the newly weds and Lady Doji no Kami." Sasori placed her fan on her lap. "I have been in contact with a Spider but seems that the Spider are slowly going back to their webs."

Shosuro

Post by Shosuro » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 am

"Extremely busy, yes. Bayushi-Kami has me on a particular project here, or I would be a more common sight." Or perhaps she was, and it was simply hard to notice. It was always difficult to remember if one had or hadn't seen Shosuro on a casual glance. "If you believe you can influence the Stag, do so. While it might not be some time before a real wedge can enter their alliance, planting seeds early is worthwhile. The Spider's retreat is unfortunate."

Played by GM Canary

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:25 am

"A wedge in their alliance with the Crane, you mean." Kogi's narrow fingers tap-tap on the table beside her teacup. "Hantei Genji-sama is an honorable and open-hearted young man, I think..." a sigh ripples her veil slightly, "but his mother has got her own ideas. And so have all those cousins." So many cousins. "Still--I like his company. We'll see if he can become a friend of our Clan."

She cocks her head, shooting Shosuro a curious glance. "A project for Lord Bayushi? I never doubt he has his reasons when he keeps something confidential, but... if you need anything at all, we're at your disposal. Of course."
是藥三分毒