Goodbye For Now (D9, LA)

Togashi Satsuki

Goodbye For Now (D9, LA)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:42 am

It was turning out to be quite a busy day with everything that needed to be done with packing on top of that, but Satsuki still could sneak in some time to speak with Sora.

She gave a good knock on the door-frame to announnce her presence.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Re: Goodbye For Now (D9, LA)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:45 am

Sora- whose own day was a whirlwind of its own- opened the door... and then grinned.

"Got a hug for a mean old man, by any chance?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:14 pm

"Always," Satsuki replied, smiling as she stepped forward to put her arms around the old man. "... I'm glad you're safe after what happened yesterday, Sora."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:29 pm

"Bah! I've seen worse, remember?"

He grinned as he returned the hug, then ruffled her hair.

Because he could.

"And anyway, I had the vindication of knowing I was right about him. A crappy thing to take satisfaction in under the circumstances, but I'm only human."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:45 pm

"Hey!" she put up a protest to the messing off her hair. It was a point she was very touchy about. Frowning grumpily, Satsuki took a moment to smooth it out again.

"At least uncle Shiba wasn't taken unawares by that... thing's words in court. Our enemy didn't know we had already figured out what they were up to. It just more or less confirmed it even more."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:46 pm

"I'll admit, Tsubaki was a blind spot for me."

He frowned.

"Although given my relations with the more... orthodox among the Crane clan, that's not as surprising as it could be. Still..."

He grinned.

"I hear someone cleaned up after her this morning."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:00 pm

Satsuki nodded, smiling a bit herself. "Not taking any chances on leaving anything behind from that creature. So I had permission to torch it down. It's... difficult to truly track or find the subtle traces of those minions. Especially if they've clearly managed to be subtle enough that long."

"Best to just burn it down, consecrate it several times over."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:37 pm

"And then there's going to be an office built on it. With a nice garden."

He seemed amused.

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:40 pm

"I trust the Crane not to make any mistakes in purifying the lands after what happened. My cousin have seen how truly terrible the enemy is now, and I believe in her and her dedication," she said confidently of Dojihime.

"... It's going to be a messy time ahead. And I was hoping you would have time to be with Kinyoubi, after the baby comes. But knowing you, you'll be out there."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:42 pm

"Oh, I don't know about that. I see this war- the way the challenge was issued- as one where proper prior planning will prevent piss-poor performance. I think I might be able to stick around for at least a year."

He sighed.

"Besides. Until I know if we even have any particularly safe areas to send them to, I may as well stay with my family."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:29 pm

"That makes sense. And... I think few places will be as safe as here, in Shiba's home." They would of course be welcome with her family, but it was probably best to avoid travel soon.

"I'll be heading home tomorrow, speak with father about everything that's happened here, and then accompany him to Crane lands to help auntie Doji."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:13 pm

"Well. Give your father my best, and your uncle Nanzi a kick in the balls. I hope you're back home the next time I visit. I may try and bring the whole brood with me, pay your mother back for some of her jokes over the years..."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:26 pm

"I... don't think that kicking my uncle is going to be a good idea, to be honest. Now's not the time for that. Unless he's..." Satsuki's brow furrowed in concern, "corrupted. Then I don't know what will happen."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:35 pm

"Now is the perfect time for that, but suit yourself."

He winked, seeking to lighten the mood.

"It's been damned good having you around for a bit this winter, Satsuki-chan. Makes an old man feel better about the future."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:52 pm

Satsuki huffed a little bit, but didn't feel like arguing about it now.

"Thanks... I wish it had been better circumstances, all things considered. Couldn't the enemy have waited like a month or something? This is all very inconvenient!" She grinned as she added som levity to the mood herself.

"But yeah, whenever you can visit, you'll be welcome. All of your family of course - I'm sure mother would love to fill you in an all the latest."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:20 pm

"We'll be there."

He made a face.

"In Phi's case, with bells on."

Current Theme