Granite under Willow [D9, EN]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Granite under Willow [D9, EN]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:16 pm

"Considering how we feel, or felt, when we visited them, it makes sense. Plus, they are from the hot south, and this cold was unnatural, additionally. Do they hibernate like bears, in the cold?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:20 pm

"Not to my knowledge."

He smiled involuntarily at the memory of three year old Phi and Shirayuki playing with some young Nezumi during their visit nine years prior.

"But I'll admit, I'm not that well versed on their medical data."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:43 pm

"And I'm not versed in medical matters more than binding my arm at all." He settles back a bit. "Anything you want taken, either to Crane lands in the Spring, or elsewhere in the fall?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:54 pm

"Just a pair of trustworthy eyes, and you carry those with you regardless."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:00 am

"In other news, my sons. The eldest, he is fine with watching over a storehouse, in the worked out areas. But the younger, he is more active, wants to get out and do things. My daughter - does not have the temperment, nor does her husband."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:01 am

"That's fine. The work's not for everyone."

He paused.

"I think Phi... at least suspects, and wants a part of it. I think Shirayuki knows more than she lets herself know, and doesn't."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:07 am

"I can confirm both of those, from my talks with Shirayuki. She knows a bit, but doesn't wish to know more. But, she indicated Phi would like to know more. The question is, how to best train her? I see her perhaps once in two years. You see her often. Do you think she would be happy sitting on a storehouse? Or working on her own, in a quiet village? I don't think so, but admit to lack of knowing her well."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:16 am

"I think Phi... wants to be right where she is, but keeping track of things. I think, though, that if she proves herself capable- or if she approaches me with information she would have had to find on her own, that there's a job for her here."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:18 am

"Heh. I didn't approach you with... wait. I did, didn't I? The two types of obsidian, and before that, the Jade, and how to summon some of it's effects. You are sneakier than I had thought."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:22 am

"Oh, one thing I have always been is sneaky."

Sora winked.

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:36 am

"hmmph. Fair enough. Fair enough. Was any decision ever made on how many different orders of us there were to be? Oh, and is there anyone that you know of that might be willing to join those that leave the Empire to the North?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:40 am

"We haven't been that formal. I suspect we'll need to have some kind of... if not a meeting, at least a formal consultation between those of us in charge of various... sects. And as for heading out to join the North... that's been less my department than Koyama's. So. Try to contrive a visit to the Ki-Rin if you can, hm?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:46 am

Kyosei shook his head. "Not specifically. But, with even a whole tribe, however small heading up there, as well as individuals, well, a group deciding the proper solution to their problems is taking out, or more likely infiltrating and taking over this Empire? That is not beyond the realm of the believable."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:47 am

"Yes, but again, Koyama has more to do with tribal holdouts than I do, and he'd be the logical point of contact."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:23 am

"Very well. I will write him a letter, then."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:31 am

"We should see about finding likely sorts among the Crab. The northern border is getting less permeable every year."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:49 am

Kyosei nods. "I did note one of the few Crab here, Anjing Sahara, no, Sagara; she is also a sculpter. Gives me an in to start talking to her. I will try to strike up a conversation, or start Correspondence with her."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:59 am

"And as always, no need to recruit if you find that they're doing fine on their own."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:10 am

"I will note - the border they are trying to cover is longer than most realize. Much longer. And there are only so many of them. I have done some trading with them, but not much. The first couple years after the change, to help them survive the winters. But, since then? They have tried to be self-sufficient. I'm... not sure how well that will work long term."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:22 am

"They have realized they need to reach out. I hear they're forming agreements with the other northern clans- the Dragon, the Spider, and the Bat. Hopefully it'll do some good- both materially, and for their worldview. I know the Crab wish to restore their standing in the eyes of the Emperor."

Current Theme