Granite under Willow [D9, EN]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Granite under Willow [D9, EN]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:42 am

"So, perhaps see if I can get some of the Crane Steel, and take it up to them, summer-fall? Seems a worthy start."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:01 am

"If nothing else, it will help reassure them that the need to pull together is more than just words spoken in Court."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:17 am

"And, they'll associate it with me, and with the Imperials. Yes, a worthy start." With a plan for the year ahead, he felt once more on an even keel.

"In more personal news... have you a desire to consider Soryu for training? Apparently he has your gift of sight, which I didn't know."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:37 am

"Oh yeah. He's got an eye like mine."

Sora frowned.

"Poor kid. He had a nightmare that matched my vision before Court really got rolling. I... didn't suggest him for training mostly because I'm not sure he'd understand what was being talked about."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:21 pm

"While not ready for the full training, there are things that can be taught at his age. For one, teaching him meditation is a good idea."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:16 pm

"Oh, well ahead of you there. I took him to Nozomi's little event. He seemed to take to it."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:54 am

"Another is to expose him to the elements. Not just physical versions, though you can try that, but also the philosophical versions - fast thinking events for fire, or a forge. For Water, sailing, of even a Koi pond. For Air - honestly, I'm not too sure. Climbing trees, or standing at the tops of ravines, maybe? I preferred the bottoms of ravines, the earth solid beneath my feet. Something where he can do the same thing, apparently monotonous, but really training him in patience, for Earth."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:59 am

"We can give it a try. I'd like it if he didn't have to carry a sword like I do."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:03 am

"mmm. I would suggest training with a knife. It is the tool of my trade, after all, and knowing more about how to use it is good, as well, as he grows, whether he has the Spirit speaking gift or not."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:06 am

"I was also going to look into the way the Bat do it. Just for the sake of versatility."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:14 am

"Oh? I didn't realize they do it any other way. How do they do it?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:18 am

"I've seen 'em call upon the kami without spilling blood."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:30 am

"I have been able to do that, but only to commune with the Earth spirits. Can they do much more?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:33 am

"That's what I'm looking into... although I admit, it's a bit like speaking Nezumi. I can grasp the basics, but little more."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:34 am

"With the jade mine I found directions to, seems I know where to head for the next year."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:35 am

"Yes, well, we seem to have filled your calendar pretty thoroughly, haven't we?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:49 am

With a shrug, "I am of the Earth. A steady path is preferred."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:46 am

"Even when the road promises to be a bumpy one?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:55 am

A small smile. "What do you know of what the earth is like under the ground? I assure you, a few bumps is not a problem."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:19 am

"Good thing. I get the feeling the next few years are going to be rough."

Current Theme