Granite under Willow [D9, EN]

Isawa Kyosei

Granite under Willow [D9, EN]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:08 am

Kyosei clapped outside of Sora's office door. Very quietly, but not trying to act unobtrusive. He was merely visiting an old friend, that was all. Yes, it was late, but then, Sora had children who would be NOT intruding, after all.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Re: Granite under Willow [D9, EN]

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:22 am

Sora opened the door and ushered Kyosei in.

Given the lateness of the hour, there was no tea set out, but there was some wine.

"Quite a week we've had, isn't it?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:49 pm

"More than expected, that is for sure. And, more . . . crafted than we knew." He takes a seat, and waits till Sora is himself seated. "When I asked the Earth spirits, they noted that the snow and cold was... artificially brought on by someone, or more likely something, else. It is hard enough speaking with them as it is, winter is often worse. So, clarification is unlikely. But, something else to keep in mind."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:09 pm

"Could have been that thing in court. Could have been that thing Nanzi picked up down south and let worm its way into the heart of the Crane. Could have been someone or something else- but now that we're alerted, we'll be looking."

He chuckled.

"Satsuki-chan torching that creature's den this morning must have been cathartic, but there were others. We'll be rooting them all out. And naturally, I've got some letters going out to our other associates."

He frowned.

"Pity they're almost entirely all in the Ki-Rin."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:31 pm

"I have a couple in Crane lands. Haven't visited, but I've a letter written up, to Nanzi, so I have a reason to visit Crane lands this spring and summer. The Crane have a regular order for some of my silver, and I have some extra brass I can take, as well."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:34 pm

"See if you can take along a little jade. That thing was near the top of the Crane command structure for over a decade. There's going to be a house-cleaning, but no reason you can't assist here and there."

He paused.

"And naturally, while Jigoku had marched itself to the front of our list of problems, we still need to keep applying counter-pressure to any efforts to spread their more... destructive ideas."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:11 am

"This is the letter I was planning to send to them. Cleaned up a bit, of course. My spelling is still... well." He hands over a, frankly, chickenscratch written letter. "I have to head home now, but that is the immediate plan. You might want to have someone else head to the Spider lands, which had been my plan before this."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:59 am

"I can write to Reiko-sensei. She and Hisomu actually have a bit of a head start on technique and knowledge- the Spider are also sending help to the Crane..."

He perused the letter. Chuckled.

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:32 am

"Hmm? I wasn't trying to be funny..."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:00 am

"Bandying courtesies with Nanzi always strikes me funny, no matter who's doing it. It's a good letter. Should do the job."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:40 pm

"It's a matter of knowing the one you are sending it to. I'm trying to balance informality with his desire for being important. Reminding of the past we share, and of hopes for the future. I'll have a clean copy made in the morning, and sent out."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:30 pm

"Good call."

Sora handed it back.

"No rest for the wicked, is there?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:22 pm

"Or for those trying to catch them, no. Any areas you are worried about that I should be seeing to in the late summer, or fall time? I should be fine to hit somewhere then as well."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:35 pm

"Given what our enemy told us all..."

Sora frowned.

"We have a slight edge, in that we actively solicit and address discontent, which seems to be where Jigoku will be makings its recruitment efforts. But in truth, this won't be a war with a centralized point of attack. I think little out of the way villages and isolated samurai holdings will be where the trouble pops up. Places where people have time to dream on their disappointments."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:44 pm

"Should we be worried about the small tribes on the other side of the Shinomen Forest? There are still several there, and with the plans to build Temples at the waypoints of the forest, they will be more exposed to the Empire, and the theories and clans making it up."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:46 pm

"I think, if Togashi wanted temples built there, that there's something in that forest a bit more... involved than a few tribal hold-outs. So it's an area we should definitely keep under observation, independent of the tribes."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:00 pm

"Oh, I know there's things there. When I was going towards that area, I was chased off at one point by snakes with arms, that shot arrows at my wagons. We took a longer route, and they seemed satisfied."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:02 pm

"Territorial snakes with arms, hm? But capable of reason..."

He searched his memory.

"Might have to ask the Nezumi about that."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 pm

Kyosei shrugs. "This was a few years after my last journey to their lands. Meant to talk to the one I saw here, but he seems to have... entered his burrow, or the like. Disappeared."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:09 pm

"Well. Even an ambassador can feel culture shock."

Current Theme