[D9, EA, closed] Hunting a grizzled Sora

Akodo Kawauso

[D9, EA, closed] Hunting a grizzled Sora

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:11 pm

Akodo Kawauso looked relatively lost in the imperial section of the castle, especially since she'd managed to avoid it for almost her entire stay, but she was on a mission today. She needed to catch up with Jiyo Sora before heading home.

With a modestly sized wooden box held tightly under one arm, she kept hunting until she found the veteran warrior's office and gave two raps at his door. She struck rather too strongly, from excitement or whatever cause, and, an alarmed look on her face, she wrapped both hands around the box while she waited.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Jiyo Sora

Re: [D9, EA, closed] Hunting a grizzled Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:22 pm

The door slid open and Sora cocked his head at her.

"Akodo-san. It's been quite the week, hasn't it? Why don't you come in, set that down. Would you care for some tea? I believe my son is still intent of courting your sister, but I hope you'll bear with us..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:07 pm

The Lion blinks in mild confusion as she drops straight into Sora's stream of consciousness.

"Um. I'm... happy to bear with you, Jiyo-sama... Oh, haha, bear. Because... Anyway, yes, this week has been most, um, taxing," she says honestly, with a warm but tired smile as she sits as bidden. She keeps the box right at hand for now. "Is young, ah, Soryu-san quite sure of his intentions," she asks with some seriousness.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:25 am

"With all of the gravity of his seven years."

Sora sighed .

"I blame the otters. Give him some time."

He chuckled.

"It might be a good lesson for him to learn young that friendship is precious in its own right."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:57 pm

Kawauso smiles, and she nods solemnly at the comment about friendship. "That is... a helpful lesson." She looks like she's about to move on, but then stops. Her brow furrows, and she looks at the box she's brought, clearly working through something.

"Jiyo-sama, you... You greatly exceed me in wisdom. Would you... indulge me a serious question?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:25 pm

He... seemed to be suppressing laughter.

"My apologies, Akodo-san, I'm still not used to anyone considering me particularly wise."

A pause. Presumably to get himself under control.

"But you may ask me anything you wish. We'll see what answers I can come up with."

Current Theme

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Kawauso nods respectfully, then seems to brace herself.

"I am wondering, um, what you would say about marriage? How... How challenging you would say that it is. Whether you, uh... recommend it?" The Lion's eyes are as intensely curious as those of a young otter watching a shiny object float in the water.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:29 pm

He cocked his head to the side. Sized her up.

"For me, Akodo-san, marriage has been one long delightful amazement that a woman with all of my wife's many positive qualities tolerates me, has raised my children- with my help, but make no mistake, she has done the hard work because I'm on the road a lot- and hasn't yet seen fit to wrap me up in a tatami and dump me in the ocean. It is bliss."

A pause.

"And yes, it can be a challenge. Getting used to one another. Handling disagreements, crises major and minor, worrying when she gets sick. She's expecting another child soon, and I'm beside myself with worry every time I think about it, because childbirth... is safer than it used to be, but still dangerous. But I wouldn't trade it for anything."

He paused.

"Of course, Kinyoubi and I met on the trip south, and we were allowed to marry without many political concerns getting in the way. I can say that I love my wife without a moment's hesitation, because we chose one another, and that makes everything else easier to deal with. But I have found marriage to be much more than simply something I can 'recommend.' I cannot imagine what I'd be without it."

A pause.

"Does that answer your question, Akodo-san?"

Current Theme

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:24 pm

"Hai, Jiyo-sama. That is all most helpful." She bows forward, really as much as she can within context of the office.

"You've more than answered my question, but if I might also ask another..." She hesitates, looking for permission, but also, he can tell, held back by some other factor. At his indication, she continues, voice softer now, "Do you... Do you think there are people who should not marry? That, um, could be destined to fail at it?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:11 pm

"I... don't really believe in destiny, Akodo-san. I believe in context, and the choices it shapes. I believe, though, that if a person wants a partner, wants a marriage, then failure is not guaranteed."

He paused.

"Before Kinyoubi proposed, I thought I was fated to end my days alone. I had a bit of a crush on Jiyo, but... nothing I thought would- could- amount to anything. So I would say, only eschew it if that is what you want out of life."

He smiled at her.

"Of course, the trick is in finding the right person. Were I a better samurai, I might talk about your duty to help your Lord secure alliances, or to produce heirs, but... to me, that's all crap. You serve best when you're not stuck in a miserable arrangement you don't want. But if you find the right person? Go for it. The worst that can happen is heartbreak, and bad as that is, it's unlikely to kill you."

Current Theme