Awkwardness to Share [Day 7, LE, Closed]

Wu Ko

Awkwardness to Share [Day 7, LE, Closed]

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:53 am

Walking through the corridors Ko held a basket at her side. Leaning it up against her hip with one arm as she casually made her way toward the room she had visiting in mind. Though this place was easy to get lost in, there was an anxious pang she felt as she made one turn and then the next toward her destination uncertain as to if she was going to the right place. These corridors and doors all were dreadfully similar, not like home- or in the forest. Still, she pressed on, the contents of the basket shuffling occassionally as she nears her destination. Raising her free hand to scratch at the door, and announce her presence, she hesitates one last time and then commits.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Yuzuru Hiroya

Re: Awkwardness to Share [Day 7, LE, Closed]

Post by Yuzuru Hiroya » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:01 am

After a handful of seconds Hiroya opened the door a crack peering through and his eyes widened a touch and a soft smile appeared on his lips "Hello Ko." he said simply, his voice a little quiet as he stepped back opening the door more fully to allow her into the room beyond.

It was a fairly simple room all things considered, a futon in the corner, a short table towards the middle and a few pillows around. There was also a small scroll rack in another corner that had a few scroll cases restring on it as well as supplies for writing sitting next to the scroll rack.

Hiroya bows a little to her "Welcome, its not much but I don't really need much to do what i do." he said with a slightly awkward smile but there was warmth behind the awkwardness.
Imperial * Historian * Chronicler * Shy * small *artistic
NPC by Tyrus

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:14 am

"Hello," she returns, that same semi-distance as she looks to him. A brief smile, slow rise and slow fall just as he would remember but likewise with the touch of more warmth to it, a brightness. Dulled, however, as she looks down at herself a moment eyes glancing over her robe and the basket in hand. Sound of his foot stepping back to allow her in bringing her attention up once more. Another brief smile she steps within.

Taking that brief time of momentary silence to look around the room, making her appraisal. A small shake of her head, "I had no expectation," she comments as she continues to observe. Noting on the little details much as she can where she can, but there was ultimately no importance to it beyond the personal thoughts and considerations she might have toward the meaning behind certain things. Thoughts which she would likely keep to herself.

Ko would remain absorbed in that process, one minute- maybe even two.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Yuzuru Hiroya

Post by Yuzuru Hiroya » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:23 am

Hiroya would wait for a moment he had grown increasingly used to her silences. She was certainly a little odd but it was an oddness Hiroya had found more endearing than strange.

After the long pause went on for awhile he motioned forward "you can take a seat if you like." he said looking to the pillows near the short table "This is more of my work space I suppose?" he said with a question at the end "I have a living quarters with my family in the village, here is mostly where I stay if I'm working in the Castle for a long period of time or during events like the past week." he said moving toward the center of the room.

"Would you like some tea? I'm sure i could have some brought." he asked
Imperial * Historian * Chronicler * Shy * small *artistic
NPC by Tyrus

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:33 am

When he motions forward her eyes return to him, a little lost in the first second but settling on him with an ease. A nod she looks toward the table, registers the position of it, but does not move yet as he continues to speak. Listening intently as he does, and then when he begins to move she follows toward the center. Notably, which he would have noticed, she is wearing a circlet that would have been familiar at meetings beyond the time at the springs but what is peculiar most is that the facial markings he witnessed her donning were not currently painted on.

A question, a second or two to consider, "I do not have a need. But if you would like? I would not mind sharing," she says in response. Looking to him with intent she gives a raise of her arm, the basket, and leading his gaze toward near to the cushions by the table. A slight raise to the basket as she searches for a place where it might be set down, and in that search her question for him to direct her was implied but never spoken.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:19 am

"O-oh of course." He says and looks around "you can set that anywhere you like really. Uhm maybe not on the scroll rack." He chuckles a little awkwardly at the joke "but anywhere else would be fine table or floor. Guess it depends on what it is."

He noticed the lack of markings and certainly is curious about them but for now seems content to let the mystery survive a while longer.
Assistant to the GM * Prone to Rolling * Capricious *occasionally helpful

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:35 am

A faint smile rises at the joke, looking around she settles on a placement just beside the table but not upon it. Covered top, it was concealed although not with intent but more for protection of what was inside. Notably, however, was that it was not the same basket she had when they first met but did appear to serve in a similar purpose. In the process of setting it down, she'd lowered herself to a sit atop one of the cushions near the table. Looking back to him with an expectation in her eye, she gave room to speak before she started taking over, one hand resting atop the covered basket.

Before he would sit, if he would, she would glance to a cushion nearer her, on the same side of the table rather than opposite.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:58 am

He followed not long after her and while he had moved to at first sit across from her as was somewhat customary He saw her look and sat nearer to her instead "So what is the basket for anyway?" He asked getting to the first question on his mind.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 am

Ko's smile grows, a question she was eager to answer. Raising her free hand, index finger as well, she bid him wait a moment. Turning to take the basket carefully into hand and setting it between them but off to the side. Removing what served as a cover, she pulled a very familiar thick cloth rolled up which certainly still contained her many implements for the simple process he'd originally witnessed. Setting that between them she holds her hands up above it as if it would ensure they settled right. Once certain, she looks to him with a faint but warm smile.

"You study history," she states. Brow furrowing, "Do you know something about symbols? I have been told many tribes used many different symbols for different purposes. Now, the clans follow this tradition. Would you-" she furrows her brow, glancing down at the heavy cloth and hesitates. With a quick inhale she looks to him, propped up a little, "You paint for fun. You study for fun. Would you combine those?"

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:36 pm

He smiled a little as well as the familiar implements left the basket and were set upon the table. At her question his own brow furrowed a bit but he nodded "well yes I wouldn't mind combining my interests but what exactly did you have in mind Ko? I know some of symbols but tribal symbolism was a vast knowledge set every tribe had their own symbols for basically everything."

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:47 pm

Busying her hands helped, she leans forward a little to carefully unfurl the implements of the practice. Carefully making sure things did not come undone before they were set up straight and true. As she did so, this busying of her hands, "Yes," she says, a brief nod amidst the action.

"You only need to have a basis for what these things are. I trusted you did," she looks to him, a brief smile. "What they look like is important because," he hands finds the brush, index finger held against the length of it to give guidance as she sets it down precisely where she wants it to be. "I think it would be fun to have you create one of your own. Like the markings I normally wear," she says, looking to him and a flush coming to her cheeks she averts her gaze a little.

"I.." she hesitates, "I am curious what you would make."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Hiroya looks at the implements for a while then to Ko and his eyes widened a little drawing the connections, her tools, her fresh, unmarked face. It started making sense, a bit of color rose in his own cheeks "Oh, I uh I would be honored to make something for you Ko. You uhm, y-you wish for me to paint it on you?" He asked a little hesitantly, wanting to ensure he had the right idea of things.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:08 pm

"I do," she says, looking back up to him with the declaration. Though her head did not shift again her eyes had trouble keeping to his, looking away and then down. Hands coming up into her lap, thumb pressed inside her inner palm she fidgets with it a little. Uncertainty rising in her tone, hesitancy in her voice, "If that is not too strange a request."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:17 pm

"No! It's not" He said perhaps a touch too emphatically and cleared his throat "uhm I mean no it's a little unorthodox but you don't seem like an exactly orthodox person." He says calmer but with a smile.

He looked down at the implements "I think I remember how you used everything last time I watched you." He said looking back up to her there was still a light flush in his pale cheeks. He scooted closer to her "would, would you like to begin?"

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:39 pm

Emphatic as it was, it did bring Ko's eyes back up to him and ease the hesitation therein. A smile brings one of her own, a nod. Following his gaze toward the implements, "I could prepare more if you need," she says, looking back up to find him closer and the flush in his own cheeks, it brought color to her own. "Y-" she hesitates, looking down at her large and heavy robes. Looking to him, "One moment," she says, scooting back and standing.

Removing the outer robe she saw it to a place near the entrance. Somewhere she is likely not to lose it, or forget it, and then returns. Now wearing just the light robe underneath she wore to have free hands when they first met. Sitting down, maybe an inch closer than when he scooted forward, she looks back to him with a brief smile. Eyes flashing open a moment at one more realization, her circlet, removing that and placing it to the side on the table. Finally, she looks back once more and nods, "I am ready," she says, a brief smile.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:57 pm

Seeing her dress down to her light robes was not wholly expected but made some sense. She would likely get warm in here with heavy robes. He had been a poor host not to offer to take them before. But no use I apologizing for it as she sat back down closer he cleared his throat gently focusing on the task at hand.

He thought back to the other day at the baths and could recall exactly how she had prepared the elements for the painting. "I should be alright." He said as he followed the exact steps he had Seen her do before.

As he did so he made conversation to fill the silence, his stutters and pauses less due to his mind being occupied "does the circlet have a particular meaning?"

------------------
D7 fluff intelligence roll precise memory vp tn 25: 6d10o10 46

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:03 pm

Ko watched warily at first, preparing herself for him to grab the wrong thing but then he didn't. Surprise, perhaps, but she relaxes back when her comfort grows in him knowing what he was doing. Watching his hands move across the space with a small wonder. Looking to him with a brief smile at the question, glancing to the circlet briefly, "It was my mothers. Family heirloom or.." she shakes her head. "Maybe a gift? From a suitor, or.." she shrugs, uncertain.

"I found it among her things when I left home for the forest. Kept it to bring her with me."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Things all set out as they needed to be and as he prepared the paint he listened and nodded along to her story "a little something to remember her by. That's a nice thing." He said softly as he finished preparations and readied everything for use.

Carefully, almost reverently he picked up the brush and dipped it wiping excess off on the edge. He looked back to Ko and studied her face for a moment his gaze was lingering for a moment but a distance entered in as it became more analytical but that changed as he looked back to her eyes, a slight flushing returned to his cheeks "um m-may I touch you?" He asked quietly, the volume not needed to cross the short space.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:36 pm

Ko nodded on the comment. Holding still as she recognizes the gaze studying her face. Eyes meeting there was a brightness to Ko's own, and a coloring in turn when he reacted the way he did, that flush in his cheeks. A brief smile of warmth, her lips come together to vocalize the "mmm" granting him her permission. Collecting up her hair she brings it together on one side to try and give him a little more space, but it isn't the most effective gesture. Still, she tries.

Eyes wandering down to his hand with the brush, then the other, a little rise in her chest she exhales to calm a little. Smile worn she looks back up from his hands to his chin, his own expression, eyes lingering and wandering.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:22 pm

His own eyes wandered down from her eyes stopping on her lips maybe catching the motion of her riding chest they snap back up studying her features. He swallows and reaches with the un occupied hand to gently capture her chin in his fingers gently he turned her head to one side, then the other and back. He focused on the study of it, trying to keep his mind on the task at hand. Trying not to think about how soft her skin felt on his fingers. As her head was tilted back he released her chin and ran a finger over her jaw line and down her neck.

He withdrew his hand holding his own chin in thought. Studying the lines of her neck and face. He leaned closer coming inches from her face, he paused. One breath. Two. Then he resumed moving around looking at her from different angles.

Finally the brush comes up and slowly he begins to work brush gently on her skin leaving an emerald trail in its wake.