[Day 5, Early Morning] Start the Day Wrong (Invite Only)

Togashi Satsuki

Re: [Day 5, Early Morning] Start the Day Wrong (Invite Only)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:17 pm

"Bleh," she said as she stuck her tongue out at him.

"I've been trained to be patient. And I can't exactly say I'm greatly looking forward to this full-moon-plan... but at the moment it seems like the best shot we got."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:01 am

"Everyone in this damned court probably needs at least one lesson in patience," she snorted and sighed, closing her eyes. "Somewhere along the line, even the stubborn ones have to become responsible. It's just the price of starting to mature and get older. It only gets worse, I assure you."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:46 am

"And that's before we get into the aches and pains..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:33 pm

Satsuki rolled her eyes. "Alright alright, I'm going. I'm going."

Without much fanfare she scooped up her writing tools that she had brought and moved for the door.

"So, uh, tomorrow then. Stay safe in the meantime."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:35 pm

"Now, does that sound like me?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:41 pm

"You're better at it than you used to be, I have to admit," Nozomi murmured as she bowed to Satsuki, not quite leaving just yet. She didn't look like she had much to say, but there might have been something.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Bowing to the two of them, Satsuki took her leave.

/exit
Theme | Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:56 pm

"She does her mother proud," Nozomi said when she had left, a minute passing before she turned towards Sora. "I ... need to stress to you that both Shinsei and I are a little concerned. Hikaru is being very aggressive. I'm concerned that Nanzi's family is aware of questions being asked. If your fears about that man are real? Nanzi doesn't believe it yet. He would not sell out the empire to save it, but he's fool enough to make that mistake thinking he was strong enough to handle it, not realizing the real cost. And if he doesn't believe it, his entire family doesn't believe it, and they could cause a vicious retaliation. I'm not simply concerned for you. If they retaliate successfully, and if he is as you fear or even close to as you fear? It could give him protection in the courts until it is too late to stop the damage."

"We need to be very careful, Sora. I know you know this. I'm just stressing it because I'm worried that that young man's concern for his lady is greater than his discretion. I can't fault him for it. It's a good trait... just..." Not necessarily the most helpful right now. "I doubt we're going to find what we need in the middle of this snowstorm unless there's a miracle tomorrow. This may become a project, and one we all have to proceed with from each of our directions to minimize the harm caused, if it comes down to it."

She hadn't bought into Hadananzi being tainted and corrupt, but it was clear that even if she hadn't? She was willing to take steps to contain his influence, just in case and because she really really didn't like the man.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:12 pm

"Oh, between Hikaru dropping the name to you, never mind your daughter, and that Bat drawing the concentrated volleys of the entire Crane Clan, I've gone through worried and come out the other side into 'fuck 'em' territory."

He made a face.

"The Boss relocated the entire Crab Clan to the opposite end of the Empire. Not how I would have handled it, but it's a sign of his resolve that I think that preening jackass loses sight of in his little coalition-building efforts. If the Crane try anything too untoward, they might not particularly like where they end up. Especially since I have no secrets from Shiba."

A pause.

"And the Crane, through all of their desperate efforts to go after one Bat swordsman, have given up any secrets on how serious Doji's condition is from the rest of the damn Empire. On the subject... Have you met Kakita?"

Current Theme

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:28 pm

She nodded. "Honestly, I'm glad to hear it in your case. For a split second I had been convinced you'd lost your mind and gotten soft on me about being subtle about things," she admitted. "It's good to hear you're keeping this level, though yes. I've met Kakita. He's ... He seems a good sort, but extremely intense in a way. So, if this was of key importance to him I imagine he thought with his dominant arm, not with his head. Which would explain a little more of what we're dealing with in the broader sense."

She closed her eyes and frowned. "Kakita and I spoke about paths in life. It was all quite philosophical. Nothing fascinating other than world views and the like. Not worth mentioning today." A breath in and out and her frown deepened. "Shinsei and my concern is what I voiced. One good thing about what we did fifteen years ago is that we sealed that hole for good. The taint it represented didn't spread to the empire. If we're lucky, the horrors you witnessed in that kami forsaken place will be things your children and mine never see in their lives."

"The problem is... now we know far less about what comes out of that place. It's a good problem to have, but it's also one that's very real. We know less than we should about Jigoku's touch. This means that if there's something out there that can hide itself better than a Bog Hag? We don't know it exists, and there are actually other spiritual threats that are not of the realm of evil." A grunt and her eyes opened. "It makes me wary. His appearance was convenient at the time. Untrustworthy, but he got past Shinsei himself if he is corrupt. So... like I've already said? We have to be cautious until we know absolutely, not just by omens and visions, and have proof to act on. Thankfully? I think the best of the kami won the tournament personally."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:35 pm

"Well. Obviously I agree, although I could have lived with Togashi or Shinjo in charge."

He frowned.

"Kakita... speaks like what would happen if I chopped Doji and Togashi into little pieces and then sort of glued them back together into one person and had them talk to Shinsei for about half an hour. Anyone who puts that much trust in destiny is not someone I'd want watching my back, I'll just say that. And certainly not someone I'd have looking into the Realm of Evil's influence. Fortunately, I have Jin for that. You remember him?"

Current Theme

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:01 pm

She snorted and chuckled. "Even Shinsei and I don't believe quite that much in destiny. He... almost sounds like Nanzi without the ego at times, though don't tell him I said that. I agree that he's more the sort you want when the fight breaks out... not investigating." That required a level head. "And I don't think I would have minded Shinjo. She's a good woman."

"Of course I remember Jin. And, honestly, what little we can do here... well, we'll findo ut if all those ravens are here to celebrate and go their merry way or for something else. I'd keep an eye out either way. Lest they peck it out."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:04 pm

"Pretty sure they're bad news, one way or another...but yeah. Right now all we can really do is stay ready."

He made a face.

"I've even been working on my swordsmanship. Even though I really prefer polearms. But seems I can carry a sword around without shocking anyone."

Current Theme

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:09 pm

"I still prefer my farming tools," she muttered. "They don't cause comment, and the other monks are finding staves and fists more to their liking, so it works well enough, though Mayumi is entirely on board with you and polearms. That girl would study under the Spider if she got the chance." Nozomi hadn't decided if she wanted to give her that opportunity quite yet.

"We do what we can, old friend. Always know you can call on me. And..." There was a pause. She considered for a moment and then breathed out. "Just know that if I ever hold anything back from you. You, more than most others? It is because the knowledge is something I swore to hold back, or is more dangerous the more that know it. Some things that I hear about from time to time? Until they need to be known? They may need to be known by as few as possible, so that they do not draw the attention of the thing themselves."

Was that vague enough for Shinsei? Probably not, but she was getting good at this. Still... she felt bad that she did not tell her friend about the danger she thought that the strange darkness she saw in the Scorpion possessed, and only told him to be careful.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:13 pm

"Oh, I quite understand, old friend. I keep a few secrets from you too, after all."

He winked.

"Although mine are probably less dangerous than whatever you're mixed up in."

Current Theme

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:16 pm

"Most of what I'm mixed up in, you already know, I assure you," she said mildly, giving him a wink. "But hopefully one day we will not have secrets from each other. Though, let's be honest. Probably not. If there's one thing about this life we cultivate, it's dirty little secrets. Even among supposed holy men. But, I should get going. I will see you soon enough while we help the Togashi. Thank you for calling me."

Unless he had something further, she bowed low, glad they'd talked. It was reassuring that he was keeping this at least a little discrete, even if it was nigh impossible right now.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:19 pm

"Carry the Fortunes, Nozomi."

[Feels like /scene to me!]

Current Theme