[Day 5, Early Morning] Start the Day Wrong (Invite Only)

Nozomi

Re: [Day 5, Early Morning] Start the Day Wrong (Invite Only)

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:36 pm

... "I will admit. There' are a LOT of those blasted things in the area, aren't there?" And that similarity was at least memorable in bad way as it related to Hadananzi. "And Togashi Nadare-sama is a character. One of a kind, that one... like so many who traveled with us. I may have a technique taught to me by Shinsei that I could use, but I am not nearly as good as he was with it, and frankly I have little doubt that if he were somehow infected, anyone so touched would resist my efforts to learn more of them. It would not be easy. His Air cannot be deficient. I'm sure of that."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:38 pm

"If I'm right, he's been slipping mystical senses for over fifteen years. But it could be worth a try."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 pm

"If you're right, he slipped the Teacher's senses, and I'm not Shinsei. The Harmony of the Mind is ultimately a technique he taught me, and I'm his lesser in every way. But, should I be given that opportunity, I will make a note of it. Attempting it in aggression, though, would be unwise. You might recall the whole 'glowing eyes' part of the affair. Bit obvious, that."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:52 pm

"I've just barely managed to get the hang of the techniques of the Order myself, I don't think I could pull of something that requires a strong focus of air. Yatsufusa is incredibly gifted with the air kami though, so he might, but... I don't want to place him in more danger than he already is." The young man had a crippled leg, he wouldn't even be able to run away from trouble.

She looked between them. "There's always the good old fashioned snooping around though? I know of two instances tomorrow where almost all the Crane are bound to be busy outside of their rooms; Court and Dojihime's play. If anyone feels up for danger."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:06 am

"Your mother would peel my skin off, rub me in salt and then light me on fire."

A pause.

"And I would deserve it. Good initiative, Satsuki, but I think you grossly underestimate the danger."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:07 pm

"I didn't say I was going to do it. I am respectable princess and daughter of a Kami." By the way she said it, it sounded like she might've considered it though.

"Besides, I did promise my Crane cousin to take part in her play. I'll be portraying a grumpy old Imperial samurai with a nasty looking eye."
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:11 pm

She snorted a little and tried to keep the chuckle out of her throat. "I have no idea what that play is going to be like. If it's based on your uncle's account, at least it will be close enough to how things went," she admitted. "He omitted some details here or there, but nothing I ever thought all that pertinent." Such as her own various acts. She'd been present and served honorably. That had been it, which she was fine with. "I will probably attend, just to see what is being done."

"My skills in scouting and skullduggery are not quite up to the level of sneaking into an imperial guest's chambers. I've been paying attention and the local guards are being quite watchful at present." She had a suspicion there was only one person who could, and she did not want to ask her.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:16 pm

"I doubt the Crane will be entirely accurate in the telling, and I've already heard the best version that is my mother's. Many times." She smiled confidently.

"I'm just planning on having the most fun on stage, and do my best to portray this old fart." A gesture to Sora.
Theme | Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:20 pm

"My intention is not to take this little soiree too seriously unless the Doji intends to distribute the play beyond this event. For an evening's fun, we can let our hair down a little. It is not as if either old Sora or I need history lessons on what happened. We both still remember it all too well even fifteen years later." She didn't bother to ask him if he did. She just said it.

"I still don't entirely know how any of the four of you walked from that place whole, but you did by the grace of the kami."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:32 pm

"Love's what got us out of there."

He seemed disinclined to elaborate.

And cocked his head at Satsuki.

"I'm sorry to say it sounds like I'll repeat a pattern with your family... I'll be sleeping during the Crane's play. So I can be.... available when the moon rises."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:41 pm

She looked at him with some confusion, not quite understanding all of what he was saying, but the last part she understood.

"Makes sense. I... just hope things go alright. I don't want anyone else to get hurt."
Theme | Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:22 pm

"Weird how powerful love is," she said in a musing way. "On the one hand, an attachment that can make one vulnerable. On the other, a motivation that can empower the highest heights." She sounded more amused than anything else.

"And we will be there. We'll do what needs to be done to protect you and everyone."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:25 pm

"And you know I can take a punch."

Or a burn.

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:49 pm

"I know," she smirked to Sora. Taking a breath she looked between the two old folks. "Thank you... both of you. I'll bring Ko and Yatsufusa too, tomorrow, and Hikaru too of course - I don't think I'd be able to keep him away. But Ko and Yatsufusa I trust with my life, and they are powerful shugenja.

"I haven't told them of Doji's afflictions, but I'll share with them my vision and the purpose of what we're doing. I trust they won't blather to anyone." Ko barely talked to people, and Yatsufusa was a clever man who understood secrecy. "But... yeah, not everyone needs to know about what's happening there with the Crane."

"Just hoping we'll get some answers. Hopefully."
Theme | Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:21 pm

"One way or another, we will find them. I defer to the two of your judgment on who should be present." though she was going to be very glad that the Saru was there soon enough, given their unique gifts. "For now, though, what other matters do we have that we should discuss? We're here after all. Might as well if there's anything else."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:28 pm

"I... think that's all for me, at least on this subject?" she thought about it for a moment.

"Yeah, I think that's it."
Theme | Profile

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:56 pm

"Until we know more, I am ... not satisfied, but I am comfortable leaving at that. We know to be careful and discreet. We'll figure this out. We have no choice in the matter." They really really didn't.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:48 pm

"The problem with becoming Important is that I can't skulk around quite like I used to... otherwise I wouldn't be farming this out. But people tend to remember where they saw me these days."

Current Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:56 pm

"There might be other opportunities," she said, a bit unsure, but nodding nevertheless.

"We'll get through this. I'm sure! In the meantime, I'll be speaking with Yatsufusa and Ko, prepare them for things too... I won't tell them about my aunt's condition though, and will keep it to my own vision for the time being."
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:47 pm

"Wise. Patient. Who are you and what have you done with my niece?"

Current Theme