[Day 4, Late Afternoon] There is No Sanity Clause (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 4, Late Afternoon] There is No Sanity Clause (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:02 am

It had taken some doing, and the time had gotten away from him, but Sora was ready. Kinyoubi and the girls were in the library, doing some sort of filing work- normally his wife would have done it herself, but given the pregnancy, Sora had suggested (okay, it had been a "suggestion" hissed at his daughters through clenched teeth as he pretended to smile) that Phi and Shirayuki go to handle the physical aspects of the job.

So he sat, waiting for a pair of Dragon samurai... with his seven year old son Soryu sitting nervously beside him.

"Daddy? Is this about my nightmare?"

"Among other things, yes." He ruffled the boy's hair. "You're not the only one whose sleep has been troubled, so we're going to talk about it."

"But I don' wanna talk about it. It was scary."

"That's why you need to talk about it, Soryu. Because it's scary. Being brave isn't about not being scared. It's about being scared but not letting it stop you."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Saru Yatsufusa

Re: [Day 4, Late Afternoon] There is No Sanity Clause (Expecting)

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Yatsufusa came today to the imperial residences, invitation of Jiyo Sora, through the contact of his family cousin Saru Takurou. It would seems that they were interested in dealing and speaking with prophetic dreams and other spiritual stuff, and that was something that Yatsu could help with.

As always he was walking slowly, his lame leg hurting as usual, but he didn't show that pain in public.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Honor: What is Expected|Glory: 2.0|Status: 1.0
Mon: Dragon, Saru

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:33 pm

Sora heard a shuffling gait coming down the corridor, and rose to get the door.

"Saru-san. I don't believe we've formally met- I am Jiyo Sora. This is my son, Soryu. Come in, make yourself comfortable."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:34 pm

'' It is an honor Jiyo Sora-sama '' The Saru young shugenja bowed to the imperial. '' I hope that you had been blessed today?'' He asked politely. Yatsu accepted his invitation and looked for a place where he could sit.

'' This one heard from Takurou that there was some sort of conversation about prophetic dreams and other spiritual knowledge that i might be useful for...'' He commented as he sat down.
*Dragon *Saru *Shugenja *Blessed Spiritually *Bishounen *Lame *Green Eyes *Blonde Hair *Avian Enthusiast

Equipment: Walking stick, sturdy clothing, trained falcon, songbird, small knife, wakizashi, han kyu, arrows

Background

accompanied by Reimei, a falcon, sometimes by Getsumei, a songbird, since D6 onwards by Yukiashi, a female fox

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 pm

"Just so."

"Are other people having nightmares too?"

"Perhaps, Soryu. That's part of what we're looking into."

"Okay..."

"Let us begin with the obvious, Saru-san. I have had a troubling vision." He indicated his discolored eye. "I have told few people of it. My son, last night, had a nightmare which matched it almost perfectly... at least based on what he has told me. And now I find that Takuou-san has had trouble sleeping, with disturbing dreams. And he mentioend that you might have had similar... disturbance."

Current Theme

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:16 pm

'' Hmmm...interesting.'' Yatsufusa wondered for a moment. He didn't mind Sora's eye, he didn't even made any sign of disconfort from it.

'' Personally i have not had any sort of nightmares or dreams, maybe Takurou-san got it wrong.'' He clarified the statement. '' But, i do have been sensing and personally experiencing changes in the spiritual configuration of Heavens and the harmony of the realms.'' He adds.

'' Your and your son's dreams, and Takurou's-san ones could be tied to what i have been experiencing so, first, if you don't mind, it might be good to know and discuss what these dreams shown you,Jiyo Sora-sama.''

Background

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:30 pm

"My vision was a waking one. But before I speak of it in my son's presence... Soryu. Tell Saru-san about your nightmare."

"Do I gotta?"

"I'd like it if you did."

"Okay..." The boy took a deep breath. "I saw snow. But the black icky stuff was spreading beneath it. And overhead, looking down at it, a bunch of black birds were... it was like they were laughing?"

"What sorts of birds, Soryu?"

"They were like ravens or crows... but they weren't. Not really."

Sora cocked his head to the side. His son had picked up on something his own mind had glossed over. "Thank you, Soryu. So." He turned his attention back to the Dragon. "That nightmare? Matches my waking vision in nearly every particular. But I... have some context my seven year old son thankfully does not. Soryu?"

"Yes, Daddy?"

"Why don't you go check on your mother and sisters?"

"Okay..."

Current Theme

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:33 pm

'' Ravens or crows? hmmm...'' He was wondering about it. '' Black snow? Those are strange signs.''

'' For my part i have been exploring the future by both more 'mundane' and also spiritual means. I reached to the conclusion that something important is going to happen. Something that will shape the Empire.'' He explained.

'' So, i Jiyo Sora-sama, i can pierce the veil of existence and enter in what some people call the Void, the fifth element. When i was delving in there the void shown me an image of the future, related to the previous omminous omen i discovered, something about lightning striking in several parts of the empire with thunderous sounds...'' Yatsu adds.

'' I have no idea what it could mean, or what was it, after all the Void is difficult to understand, and destiny is not something that even the wisest among us can see with clarity.''

'' Perhaps your son's and your visions, and mine are related, although perhaps they are two different events...'' He wondered.

Background

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:20 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:33 pm
'' Ravens or crows? hmmm...'' He was wondering about it. '' Black snow? Those are strange signs.''

'' For my part i have been exploring the future by both more 'mundane' and also spiritual means. I reached to the conclusion that something important is going to happen. Something that will shape the Empire.'' He explained.

'' So, i Jiyo Sora-sama, i can pierce the veil of existence and enter in what some people call the Void, the fifth element. When i was delving in there the void shown me an image of the future, related to the previous omminous omen i discovered, something about lightning striking in several parts of the empire with thunderous sounds...'' Yatsu adds.

'' I have no idea what it could mean, or what was it, after all the Void is difficult to understand, and destiny is not something that even the wisest among us can see with clarity.''

'' Perhaps your son's and your visions, and mine are related, although perhaps they are two different events...'' He wondered.
Sora blinked. It sounded utterly unrelated, but... was it? And in any event... this was something he could help with.

"I know a thing or two about Thunders. Learned it when we went on the trip to rescue Hisomu. They're... people. People who will stand against... something awful. I admit, I'm not much of an authority on the matter, but my friend Jin might be someone you should write to... not sure it relates to our present situation as such, but..."

Current Theme

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:27 pm

'' Huh? Interesting...'' He said. '' People you say? Indeed i saw people, or rather, glowing thunder like people when i explored the void. Interesting indeed...'' He wondered.

'' Something awful. Like the spiritual corruption that was encoutered when you went to save Hisomu-no-kami? Is that you are talking about, Jiyo Sora-sama?''

[OOC-Rolls]

Fluff Lore: Shadowlands/Intelligence - 34

Background

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Saru Yatsufusa wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:27 pm
'' Huh? Interesting...'' He said. '' People you say? Indeed i saw people, or rather, glowing thunder like people when i explored the void. Interesting indeed...'' He wondered.

'' Something awful. Like the spiritual corruption that was encoutered when you went to save Hisomu-no-kami? Is that you are talking about, Jiyo Sora-sama?''
"The same. I also think it's the source of the... blackness oozing beneath the snow in my vision and my son's nightmare."

Current Theme

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 pm

'' Hmmm...'' Yatsufusa thinks. '' It could be. If that is so, then perhaps it is best to discuss it directly with the Emperor and or someone higher up in the Empire. You are close to Shiba-tenno, maybe you could arrange for, at the very least, a private meeting so that the Emperor is informed about these dreams and visions.'' He commented.

'' It could be nothing, but destiny is strange, and perhaps your visions are indeed a warning for the future. The fact that four people, you, your son, Takurou-san and me, mostly unralated had some sort of connection here through the spiritual veil, could be something more important than just a mere dream or some sort of strange omen.''

'' It is worthy to investigate further.''

Background

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:44 pm

"Oh, the Emperor is informed of my vision."

Sora chuckled.

"I keep no secrets from him. But the... frequency does seem to be an issue. I will see what I can do about getting a reasonably secure meeting established... That said, it may come to nothing, because this winter is a busy one, so I would suggest sending the Emperor a letter if you can. He gets a lot of them, but I can have it sent by one of the couriers I use."

Current Theme

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:49 pm

'' Yes it might be better to inform him, through a more, private method.'' He nods to the suggestion. '' I don't know how well is taken among people the discussion about the, corruption, coming from the South.'' He adds.

'' It is good that he is informed of your vision. Again, could be nothing. But i doubt it.''

'' I will further explore what happens in the spiritual realms, i have, made contact with some spirits, perhaps they could know something about. Also i will try to see if there's anything new that i can pierce through the veil of reality with this new information.''

Background

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:53 pm

Sora shrugged.

"For most people, it's just a story. Our success in both rescuing Hisomu and sealing the breach have kept it from being an overt presence to be concerned with. You might wish to speak to the Nezumi ambassador on the subject, his people have a lot more first-hand knowledge."

A pause.

"Also... on the subject of Thunders... I recommend trying to speak to Shinsei. I gather that he's here this winter, and he might be able to give you some guidance there."

Current Theme

Saru Yatsufusa

Post by Saru Yatsufusa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:59 pm

'' I will seek their wisdom then.'' Yatsufusa nods. '' Shinsei's-sama ideas seem to be popular among part of my clan, including Togashi Saruko-dono. If the stories about his wisdom are true then he is perhaps the one that could see beyond the shadow that we cannot.''

Yatsufusa had never spoken with Shinsei nor with a nezumi, that would be indeed an interesting meeting indeed.

Background

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:11 pm

"Shinsei's also just good at helping you sort out the pieces of what you already know."

Current Theme