[Day 3, Late Morning] Strange Bedfellows (Invite Only)

Kakita

Re: [Day 3, Late Morning] Strange Bedfellows (Invite Only)

Post by Kakita » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:32 pm

“We must first purify the well… Once the source is clear then we can concern ourselves with solving the damage it has already done.” Kakita offers simply.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:13 am

"That's about the size of it... and again, we need to proceed with caution. Especially if my suspicion is correct."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kakita

Post by Kakita » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:30 am

He turned and looked between the two of them, "There is a rhythm to all things... As you discern the rhythm, you learn the proper steps to the dance."

His hand drifted slightly towards his obi, "Destiny brings us all together; including this creature. Believe in that Destiny... Keep the hope alive. There are none who can escape destiny. Not even our common foe."

He paused to look at each of them in turn again, "We will find the truth... and this thing will not escape its destiny. We shall ensure it."

He bowed to the pair.

"I must go."

He then turned and, as lifted on the wind itself, glided out of the residences towards his approaching destiny.

/exit
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:16 am

Sora clicked tongue and glanced at Hikaru.

"But just in case Destiny is napping, let's try not to fuck this up, hm?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:37 am

Hikaru's lips twitched a little at the comment, but he gave no other reaction.

"Jiyo-sama..." Hikaru began frowning. "The visions you have. Are they what may come to pass, or what will come to pass? The distinction feels rather important right now." Hikaru's tone was mild, but the frown lines were standing out on his handsome features once more.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:52 am

He tapped his cheekbone again.

"This eye doesn't deal in unavoidable futures. When I looked at the Kami before the Tournament, it showed me so many futures coming off of each of them in waves that it was disorienting- futures that vanished as one after another lost their chance to rule. Even Shiba's varied futures diminished when he took power. It's showed me my own death countless times, and let me avoid that death each time. That's why I put so little faith in destiny. We're always shaping it, every single one of us."

Current Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:04 pm

"Hmmm..." Hikaru considered that. "Good." He said. "Destiny is undeniable; we have seen it working. Who could live in these last twenty-five years and not? But we have also seen it shaped by the actions of those brave enough to do so. Like those who rescued Lord Hisomu from the pit." Hikaru bowed slightly.

When he straightened, he was frowning again. "Jiyo-sama... does your eye see anything when it looks at my friend?" He hesitated a long moment, and then added "... or me?"
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:15 pm

"I generally try not to train it on people unduly. It... generally doesn't show me anything nice. But if you'd like, I could try... Sometimes I get nothing, you understand..."

Current Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:28 pm

Hikaru spread the fingers of one hand. "I understand. While I have no such gifts, I understand they are something of a mixed blessing, and uncontrolled by the wielder."

He inclined his head. "But I am no stranger to bad news. Perhaps it is hubris of me to think that this might help in some way..." the hint of a smile touched his lips. "But without hubris, would I believe that I could make a difference?"

Hikaru stood straighter, his chin tilting upwards.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:44 pm

"Without hubris, would you be a Crane?"

It seemed to be half a joke, half serious, as Sora trained his gaze upon the young Crane.

Current Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Again, the twitch of the lips. Was it a smile, a sneer? Suppressed laughter or scorn? It was hard to say, but Hikaru's pale eyes didn't look offended, at least.

"Self-expression requires confidence. Boldness, even. Whether with a strike of the sword or the brush, if I worry that I will fail, I likely will. Thus, do we hone our skills, until no doubt remains."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:20 am

"Well, sorry to puncture that self-image, but nothing important seems to lie on your horizon according to one man's weird oracular eye."

Current Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:44 pm

Hikaru's lips twisted in mild disappointment. "Well then. I shall have to hope that your views on destiny are correct. Because I will not accept that I can do nothing to help Lady Doji."

Hikaru bowed. "Thank you for your time, Jiyo-sama. With your permission, I'll leave you to your privacy, then."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 am

"It may be a matter of timing, Doji-san."

It also may have been that the GMs forgot something in Hikaru's build that SHOULD have triggered a vision of some kind, but Sora, unlike his player, hadn't been told as much.

Current Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 pm

"I understand, Jiyo-sama." Hikaru said, giving him a single slow nod. A few moments passed.

Hikaru bowed. "Well. Thank you for your time." For a moment, it looked like he were about to say more, but then he shook his head.

And departed.

/exit!