[Day 2, Late Afternoon] Force of Habit (Closed)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 2, Late Afternoon] Force of Habit (Closed)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:07 am

Soryu was with his mother, taking a nap. Phi and Shirayuki...

Well, Shirayuki's with Kyosei, and Phi... it's weird that she's not here.

He was worried.

Because he was putting it together. Without Doji Hikaru's petition to Shiba, without Kakita's elaboration, he wouldn't have seen it, because he'd grown accustomed to just trying to ignore the Crane so he wouldn't have to have too many of them murdered for being slavery-spreading twats.

Nanzi, you fucking imbecile. So proud of that pet you found in the south, the one I could feel fooling my eye. You took it home, to your wife, who whatever else I may think about you, you definitely love. Who knows what shape it's wearing now...

Wait.

No. No way.

The bird had fooled his eye.

But he'd made no fuss about it, because he'd thought that pressing Nanzi on the subject would have caused more problems than it would solve.Shinsei had agreed.

And now some kinsman of Nanzi's could also slip his gaze in the same way.

A kinsman they were all snowed in with for the foreseeable future.

If I'm right, then we're all in horrible danger.

And that was what worried Sora the most.

Because being in horrible danger was a bit like putting on his old Hikaru garb. It had been a while, but it also felt like it belonged.

His hands were perfectly steady as he started to sharpen his swords.

If I'm right, it's biding its time. I can't let it know that I know. I have to keep a bland face on things.

But he also had to be as ready as he could.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.