First attempt at training. [D2, LA, Expecting]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: First attempt at training. [D2, LA, Expecting]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:04 am

Kyosei shakes his head. "Very few people actually choose who they will marry. Most often, their parents choose for them, or occasionally someone higher up. Myself, my teacher decreed my marriage. It worked out well; we were well paired. But, it was not the choice of either of us. It was to bring me, and my abilities, into the Isawa family. Before, I was the child of miners, most of whom died early. I am now older than any of my siblings, parents, or uncles reached. A wise parent or other chooser will try to match the boy and girl, but sometimes, circumstances refuse."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:48 am

"Sounds stupid."

12 year old logic at its finest.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:49 pm

"Perhaps, but it is the custom of most tribes, and thus most clans. If you were to be getting married, how would you choose who to marry?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:47 pm

"Well, Dad rescued Mom from... some kinda monsters. They won't ever quite say what they were. And then she proposed to him a bit later once they'd gotten to know each other. Un- Er, The Emperor and Yuzuru-sama got to know each other over time and arrived at a mutual arrangement. Uncle Koyama and Aun- er, Shinjo-Kami likewise just approached each other. Aunt Saruko and Uncle Baldy, likewise..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:30 am

"Heh. I was present for several of those, and more times than you would think, it was about bringing a tribe into the Clans. Granted, the ones you mentioned have no one to decide for them, as well, but it was not so cut and dried as you think."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:37 am

"Yeah, but can you picture Mom or Dad trying to pick for us?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:56 am

"Your father - understands the needs of the family and empire more than you might believe. And your mother... do you think she would pick someone unpleasant for you?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:34 am

"I'm saying I don't think either of them would even make a suggestion unless they thought we already liked the person..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:17 pm

"And what if it was Yuzuru, or the Emperor who commanded it?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:09 pm

"Oh, they wouldn't."

She giggled at the thought.

"They'd make a suggestion, and Dad would bring it up, and we'd weigh in... honestly, Phi's probably gonna be the one making lists."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Kyosei squints at her for a moment, then blinks. "There is a woman at this gathering; she is a representative of the human kingdom south of the Ratlings. What if her leader's son was to visit, see you, and fall madly in love? He could demand your hand as one of the requirements to an agreement. What then?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:30 pm

"I'd suddenly be very hard to find, I suspect. Well. Unless I liked him."

She giggled.

"Or I'd talk Phi into doing it instead..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:49 am

"And, of course, you're always able to trick your mother and father by pretending to be each other...."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:50 am

"Them, of course not. But some prince who barely knows me?"

She made a dismissive gesture.

"Easy."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:53 am

"Really? What if he falls in love because he has a gift to see your spirit? I promise you, however similar you are to Phi physically, your spirits are quite different."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:51 am

"Then if he could see my spirit, he would know whether or not I would be happy. And if he wants me more than he wants me to be happy, than it isn't love."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:11 am

"I'll let you in on a little secret. Love, as you seem to be thinking of it, isn't a single emotion. It is a complex mixing of emotions, and actions, and even habits. Often little things, not great gestures. And, a bigger secret - love has very little to do with marriage. Marriage is more often than not about sealing treaties, or trades, or about producing the next generation. Love... is a bonus for a marriage, not a requirement. And, I also promise you, your father knows that as well or better than others."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:16 am

"We'll see, Uncle Kyosei. We'll see."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:54 pm

"As you wish." Kyosei shakes his head, then looks at the shadows. "Well, I think we have been about this long enough. So, time to end this. Remember, practice meditation, until we meet again."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:55 pm

She smiled.

"As you say, Uncle Kyosei. Carry the Fortunes."

[/Scene]

Current Theme