First attempt at training. [D2, LA, Expecting]

Isawa Kyosei

Re: First attempt at training. [D2, LA, Expecting]

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:13 am

"This is not a simple thing. You are not long from being acknowledged as an adult, and must choose a path, or a few paths to follow. This is one of the possible paths. But, as you become an adult, you will find more like this, where you will be given information, or orders, and expected to do the work on your own."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:17 am

"I'll do my best."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:23 am

"That is what I ask. So, did you have any questions for me, now?"
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:53 am

"Dozens, but none that seem particularly intelligent."

Her smile was a lot like her father's.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:23 am

"Do you think they are important? Often a question that seems important, but unintelligent, can have Earthshaking importance. Think of the way Reiko asked about another brother? Without that simple question, Hisomu might have been corrupted by the Realm of evil, and we would be fighting him even now. Or, my asking the isawa leadership why we couldn't share a library with the Empire? Without that, the Isawa would possibly still be a separate tribe."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:30 am

"Then, in sequence... why do you think I have some sort of gift? Why approach the subject now? What do we do if we can't discover what it is? What do we do if we discover it and it's dangerous?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:01 am

"I had the impression you had some sort of gift from early on. But, your parents weren't willing to allow me to try to train you in it, they felt you were too young. And, in many of the tribes, now is when any training might begin for those with spiritual gifts. The Isawa are a little different, often finding those with gifts from a young age, and training them as soon as possible. I am unusual in the Isawa, with how long it took for my own gift to appear."

"I doubt we will not be able to figure something of it out - I am sure your father could have become a spirit speaker such as myself, with proper training. Since he did not get such training, his gift found another way to manifest, as the Oracular eye. And, thus, if we cannot figure out your geft well enough to fine a way to help you control it, it may find a way out on it's own."

"Gifts are always dangerous. Perhaps to your own body," he holds his well scarred left forearm up again. "Or perhaps to others, or even yourself. But, the are called a gift for a reason. It is up to you, with my own and your parent's assistance, to figure out how to make it a useful gift, instead of one that is put in a closet, and ignored for years on end."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:14 am

"That doesn't really address how you detected it..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:59 pm

"I do not know how to describe it. When I call on the kami, the spirits, they can often make known to me facets of things. Most people are ignored by them. Others that speak to spirits are known to them. Figures of destiny, like the Emperor and his siblings, are obvious to them. And a few others are known, like your father. And like you."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:08 pm

"That sounds... weird. Like, not bad weird, just... weird weird."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:37 pm

"Much to do with the spirits is weird. They accept an offering of blood, and change the world for us - how is that not weird?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:55 am

"Exactly. Or... Well. Sometimes I catch Mom doing things that aren't strictly... Possible."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:03 pm

"Oh? Are you sure? Or maybe she simply knows a trick you haven't been taught yet."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:18 pm

"Copying an entire scroll- a long one- in a single day? Without needing to make any corrections?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:11 am

Kyosei nods. "I have seen all of those done; not together, but copying long scrolls without a mistake, and copying scrolls in times that seem impossible. She may have simply become one with the Void. Or, perhaps she too has a gift, and you get it from both sides of your lineage."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:21 am

"Dad always says she's the brains of the operation. And says anyone patient enough to stay married to him must be some kind of living miracle..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:15 pm

"Hah! I have said the same of my own wife on occasion. I think, in marriages that do not sour, it comes true a fair bit."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:49 pm

"Makes me wonder why so many seem to be getting married to people they clearly don't even like very much."

She made a face, and then adopted a pompous tone.

"Look at meeeee, I'm a Crane, I'm marrying to secure an alliance, even though I'll probably be spending as much time away from my spouse as humanly possible!"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:27 am

"Partly, for purposes of securing alliances. Partly because, big as it may seem to you, the Empire is yet small, and needs as many children born into it that it can get. And, occasionally, to try to bring out a gift, such as from your father to you."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:34 am

"Yeah, but you should still find someone you at least like to do it with..."

Current Theme