[Day 1, Late Morning] Family Time (Open to Imperials, I guess)

Canary
Site Admin

Re: [Day 1, Late Morning] Family Time (Open to Imperials, I guess)

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:50 am

"You did not," Kinyoubi insisted with a laugh. "We had to change the proportions a little for my sake, and add a couple of medicinal herbs. My apologies for the oddness of it."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:39 pm

"Ah, well, that's fair enough. Medicine, and health, are good reasons, after all." He takes another sip. "Hmm, yes. I can taste it now. Fine, once I know what I am expecting, but unexpectedly..."
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:53 pm

Kinyoubi chuckled. "The taste is a little shocking if you're not ready for it."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:03 pm

"So, have you had any omens what this one will be? Or are you thinking another pair?" He nods in the direction of Kinyoubi, and her over-largeness compared to normal.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:37 pm

Sora made a seesaw motion with his hand.

"Based on the frequency of foot massage..."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:50 am

"Heh! Interesting form of omen-reading. I'll have to keep it in mind to pass on for my children. My own wife's time of birthing is long past, and I don't remember how many she requested."

He drinks the tea for a moment, then opens his mouth again. "I would once again, as I do each time, ask that I can try to train Shiroyuki. She has some sort of gift, and I would like her to gain best use of it."

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Kinyoubi hummed and frowned a little, looking to Sora. "You're not wrong, but..."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:05 pm

Sora sighed.

"I see nothing wrong with figuring out what that gift is, and going from there, but you know Phi will want to know why she isn't getting similar... focus."
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:21 pm

"Which is why you haven't done this before. But, are they not old enough to learn why? Or, perhaps have me teach each of them, just different things. Has Phi any interest, do you think, in carving, either wood or stone? Or learning to look through stones for those that are common, and those that are of worth? I have few skills otherwise that I could really try to teach her..."

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:43 am

Kinyoubi ran a hand through her hair, letting out a soft sigh. "All right. Let us explore the nature of this gift further and see where it goes from there. As for that... You can ask Phi if she's interested. There's no reason to make any declarations for her when she can decide if she's interested in that on her own."

She smiled to herself. "Though they're often interested in most things they encounter."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:48 am

"Have they had much schooling? I am assuming they have access to the best possible teachers, but what subjects have most interested them? Moving on a touch, when would be the best time to try to teach them? I wouldn't want to interrupt any other schooling, after all."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:31 am

"Well. They've had a hell of a lot more than I ever did, not that that's saying much. They're quick studies- I often try to bring home copies of new information from my trips to keep them... appeased."

He sighed.

"Shirayuki's... got more physical pursuits and interests, but her visit to the Spider also let her ask after, well... secrets. She has an interest in mysticism more than in magic as such. She also has a keen interest in the Nezumi and their history. Phi... really took to some of what she saw in the Scorpion provinces. And she has a healthy interest in what people and why they do it."

He paused.

"Maybe not the most clear-cut areas of study, but... well." He smiled at his wife. "Thankfully they get their minds more from their mother than me."

Current Theme

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Kinyoubi nodded in agreement. Sora had a good understanding of their children. "I've been teaching them more formally, as well, in a broad range of knowledge. Nothing that would be interrupted."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:17 pm

"Very well then. I shall try to find each of the girls, one at a time, and give them some teaching, feel them out, over the next season."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:22 pm

"Things tend to slow down over the winter, so..."

Sora's oracular eye gave a twitch.

"Hrm. Uhm, as I was saying, there ought to be plenty of time for that sort of thing..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:25 pm

"I've seen that twitch before. There's something, isn't there? Not going to be as slow as usual, is it? Should I prepare my more . . . dangerous spirit speakings? The wedding isn't going to be the highlight of the year, will it?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:27 pm

"Well, it's no secret to anyone in this room that I really wish the Crane had taken their damn wedding somewhere else, but no, I think it's... we might be in for some weather."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 pm

"Disappointing, but since I'm here for the winter anyways, at my wife's orders, doesn't bother me overmuch."

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:27 pm
"Well, it's no secret to anyone in this room that I really wish the Crane had taken their damn wedding somewhere else, but no, I think it's... we might be in for some weather."
Sora's eye twitches more strongly this time, and starts to hurt. In its gaze, he sees piles of snow, on which are perched a myriad ravens. Below them, some dark liquid seems to seep through the snow in blotches. Then the vision goes away.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm

He keeps his voice calm and level as he is able.

"Kyosei. How much jade do you happen to have with you?"

Current Theme