[Day 1, Late Morning] Family Time (Open to Imperials, I guess)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 1, Late Morning] Family Time (Open to Imperials, I guess)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:14 pm

With the morning's bath taken care of, it was time to eat.

Sora had never really gotten the hang of having servants, so mealtimes with his family were always a bit... disorganized.

He insisted on cooking the rice himself- "Just the way I do it on the road, this stuff is great!"- but he had, after the Rabbit Incident, agreed to let other dishes be provided by other hands.

But Sora being Sora, he intended those other hands to be those of his children, and thus Kinyoubi was greeted by a meal of her husband's rice, her son's earnest but clumsy efforts at a... soup of some kind, and a few eggs her daughters had gotten hold of.

Sora closed his eyes and smiled as he heard his family's breakfast chatter- from Shirayuki and Phi finishing each other's sentences to Soryu loudly proclaiming that he'd learned how to write his name while Sora had been away.

Whatever I did to deserve this, I'm glad.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Re: [Day 1, Late Morning] Family Time (Open to Imperials, I guess)

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:53 am

There is a clap at his door. When it is opened, a figure, who should be very clean, yet somehow seems to already have a slight air of dust around him appears.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:56 am

"Uncle Kyosei!"

"Didja bring those, uhm-"

"Soryu!"

"Aw, Phi..."

Sora glanced at Kinyoubi. Gave a wan smile. "I, er... may have consented to some gift-giving?"
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:58 am

"Yes, yes, I figured. But, did their mother? Or should I just take these back to my rooms?" He holds out a largish container. It is about 2 feet wide, and 3 feet tall, and seems awkward, shifting in his hands. It is woven straw, but sturdy for all that.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:19 am

Kinyoubi scarcely looked older than when they had first met fifteen years previous, though that was hardly a surprise for a follower of a Kami. The main difference was her quite heavy belly and the tiredness in her expression. It didn't make it less warm when she smiled, though. "Of course not. Please, come in, you can set your burden down wherever you like. Can we get you some tea?"
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:21 am

Kyosei smiles. He sets the object down, and there is a strange clattering sound, from inside it.

"Tea would be wonderful, thank you."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 am

"I'll get it, m'love you just... sit there and look stunning, all right?"

Sora went about the motions of puring the tea. Someday, someone might convince him that this was an act with ceremonial significance, but that seemed vanishingly unlikely.

Current Theme

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:10 am

"I can do at least that much, but I do appreciate it," she replied, leaning over to kiss Sora's cheek lightly before sitting down. "What brings you today? It's always a pleasure."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:23 am

"A few things. I am in town for the winter- my daughter gave birth about a month before I left, and my loving wife ordered me away, before I completely spoiled the babe. I did a few trades, and dropped things off as I went. Oh, and visited the coast, rode in a ship for the first time. Quite exciting." As he slowly rambles, he smiles at the no doubt impatient children. "Oh, and found these for the squirtlings."

He opens the top of the basket he brought, and brings out what look like odd little bowls. Each is carved of a various stone - none very expensive, but well carved, and bringing out the luster of each one. The boy gets one with a red and white pattern, and a second with a blue and white pattern. Each of the twins gets one that is mono-color, one green and one orangish of shade, and a pair that are half purple, and half brown, split somehow exactly in half. He hands them out, odd little things that they are. Each is about 2 or 3 inches deep, with straight up and down walls, instead of curved ones, like most bowls.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:41 am

"What are they?"

Phi, sighed "Soryu, say thank you first."

"Oh, yeah, uh, thank you Uncle Kyosei."

"So what are they?"

"Shirayuki..."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:49 am

Kyosei blinks at the mob. "Obviously, they are for the food and water. What else would they be for?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:56 am

It was Phi's turn to turn interrogative. "The food and the water for what, exactly?"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 am

"OH! I didn't show you, did I? For these little guys." He reaches into the basket, and lifts out the top part, showing that the bowls had been in a smaller basket, that was held up. Under it, he pulls out, one at a time, three small creatures. First are a pair, almost identical in appearance, then a smaller one, similar but slightly different.

"I couldn't decide, so I leave it up to you who will have each one. They are babies, puppies, right now, so will spend a lot of their time sleeping. And, you will need to take care of them. Not the servants, you. So, if they need to go outside, you have to take them."

The puppies were asleep, but two of them are waking now. The smallest remains asleep for now.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:11 am

Sora stuck his fingers in his ears just in time to dull the worst of the excited squeaks.

"They're going to take some getting used to, kids. Just like you did."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:15 am

As the kids are distracted, he leans closer to the other adults. "Took me a while to find something suitable. The breeder said that they wouldn't grow much taller than an adults knees, but I've no surety of that. The mother dog was, but could have been just a very small dog. Can't go back to him, he was heading north, didn't want to stay in the Empire, so was heading out."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:28 am

"Well, I suppose we'll see. If they turn out to be wolf-sized monstrosities, I imagine the girls will just try to ride them..."

As for the man who chose to leave the Empire, well...

"I hope the Crab give him no difficulties about leaving."

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:30 am

Kyosei shrugs. "There's always a few, every year. I always feel sorriest for the ones heading in the autumn. Many of them don't know what they are heading into. This one was mid-summer, and had some supplies, so, he might have made it."

Turning back to the squeal-pile. "They also need something else. They don't have names, yet!"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:44 am

Phi appeared to be giving it a lot of thought.

Shirayuki held the one she'd claimed up to her face to make eye contact. "You look like a-"

"Mine's name is Chomper!" Soryu evidently left the indecision to others.

"All right you three, remember, your mother's got a lot on her hands right now, so-"

Phi nodded, but Shirayuki spoke.

"Right Dad, we'll take them outside!"

Current Theme

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:49 am

Kyosei smiled as the three thundered out of the suite.

Once they are gone, he turns back. "I hope the dogs keep them occupied when the newest one arrives. I do remember the many . . . issues you seemed to have when Soryu was born." He nods at the lady of the rooms, then takes a sip of the tea. "Mmm. Sora, how many leaves did you put in the pot? Seems a bit... off."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 am

"Leaves? I thought I was supposed to just pour the water into the pot without washing it first..."

Current Theme