Burn It Down (D9, EM)

Togashi Satsuki

Burn It Down (D9, EM)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:47 am

(Technically open)

Knowing that neither the Yuzuru or the Chiyo were strongly affiliated with the destructive properties of fire, Satsuki had volunteered her own powers to Shiba and Yuzuru, and the Crane as well.

Early in the morning, the Dragon priestess stood ready outside the Demonic Den of Infernal Fornication and Villainy. Removing her cloak and the green outer robe of her attire, she pushed back her sleeves and the dragon-tattoo on her forearm shifted and coiled over her skin.

The more rough work had been done by those more knowledgeable about engineering, but she would see this place burned to the ground.

On her non-tattooed arm, a deep cut was made to give a continous offering to the fire kami that were more than eager to answer her command for firey destruction. Flames licked around the open cut, trickling down to her hand and forming shapes of fire that she unleashed upon the building from a safe distance.

--------------

D9 Fluff fire damage. 7 slots for casting of Fires From Within.: 7#4d10o10 53 19 53 21 27 11 25
209 Fire damage dealt to the Camellia House.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Isawa Kyosei

Re: Burn It Down (D9, EM)

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:58 am

Kyosei had come when the matter was presented, as he had abilities if any others presented with the Taint. With Fire, he did not assist - not that she seemed to need it.

He could have, should it be needed, but it did not seem needed. He was prepared if any . . . beings attempted to escape, obsidian knife in hand.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:12 am

Rei watched the flames, preparing to look for and tend to any lingering spirits.

"That was quite thorough, Tsuki-chan."
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:22 am

Zhe arrived with hurried steps...in time to watch the establishment burn.

His expression was blank

"Was that really needed?"
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:31 am

It felt really good to let the fire kami act out their wishes, of purging away the unclean nature of the foul that had occupied this place. The place would have to be properly purified afterwards, but fire also cleansed away well enough.

Her control of the powers of the kami kept the fire from going anywhere else except where she wished it. And still, she had more fire within her that could be added to the work, but it seemed the kami had been more than eager to do this task.

"It was a wish to see this place cleansed by fire. I offered to do the task to the authorities. It has been... too long, since I let the fire kami truly do their work, I could feel they were eager to do this too," she explained to the others that were there. Of course, she had done this with permission.

The cut on her arm stopped bleeding, the fire there dying down to glowing embers in the wound. "Any sign of anything unusual, Rei-Rei?"
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:56 am

"I don't think so." Slicing her palm, she reached out through the Void, seeking any ghosts nearby.

- - -
Burn It Down (D9, EM), Sense Spirits, 2CR, TN 20, 70 ft, 3 woundsRadius: 7d10ro1o10k4 33
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:57 am

Zhe grimaced in disapproval

They just don't care, don't they?

"Cleansed...did anyone made any effort to see if the place was tainted? Was there no other way to do this?"

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:12 am

"The priests of the Chiyo and Yuzuru have done their work, I don't question their capacity to do so, Zhe. I'm providing my assistance to make sure that this place has a clean slate, spiritually, to allow the Crane to repurpose it for its new purpose."

Putting her robe and cloak back on, Satsuki kept an eye on the cleansing fires. The enemy had proven incredibly insidious, she at least didn't want to risk any of its presence lingering in any matter or form.
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:17 am

Kuni smiles while watching it burn. It is not a kind smile.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:34 am

The twins really hadn't meant to get involved, they were just heading off into town to get some eggs to try to bait Hsieh-Hsieh with (since they didn't yet know that his watch had ended, as it were) but...

"Whoa!" Phi's eyes were wide, the bells in her hair tinkling in the thermally-activated air.

"Wow, that's..." Shirayuki was gaping at her beloved Satsuki-hime in a kind of jaw-dropped awe.

"Kinda scary, but also..." Phi trailed off, and shook her head.

"BURN, BABY, BURN!" Both girls hollered in unison.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:18 pm

Kuu watches the burning, but he was really here in case there were any injuries or emergencies. When the task was completed he approached Satsuki.

"Would you allow me to tend to your wounds, Togashi-sama?" he asks. Since he had demonstrated his ability to heal wounds using kiho at her elemental discussion, she would know it was going to be quicker and cleaner than bandages and medicine.
Order of Heroes ° Monk ° Calligrapher ° Ascetic

Glory: 1.5 | Status: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected
Carries: Calligrapher's Kit

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:35 pm

"Thank you, Kuu-san. I'd be honored," she gave a small bow to the monk in thanks.
Theme | Profile

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:05 pm

Zhe shook his head

''Yeah...I am sure they are good. They did find out the demons fairly quickly...oh...right.'' his jaws tensed, he shook his head then walked away.

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Kuu nods, then takes a deep breath before gently striking several pressure points on Satsuki's form. Expending a bit of his energy in the process, he feels his chi realigning hers.

He observes to make sure all wounds have closed, prepared to repeat if necessary.

----

VP spent for Chi Protection, healing 12 wounds for Satsuk

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:01 am

Seeing her wound close and heal up, Satsuki watched with some marvel. "Your talents are impressive as ever, Kuu-san. Thank you. You know! After we last spoke, I've been practicing on what you taught me - I'm not able to do what you do, but I managed to do this neat trick. I was thinking of my father and the way he meditates, and how it always makes me feel at peace to meditate beside him... and..." she stumbled a bit with the words, trying to explain.

But realising she could demonstrate instead of explaining, Satsuki inhaled deeply, finding that balance within, and as she exhaled there was something about her aura that was relaxing and... refreshing for the soul? It was hard to explain, but Kuu would find himself restored spiritually.

-----

OOC: Spending a Void to restore one Void Point to Kuu with To The Last Breath (just doing it for fluff as Satsuki wants to show off her Kiho mastery!)
Theme | Profile

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:58 am

Kuu nods approvingly. "You've come along quickly. Balanced elemental chi can be difficult for some, especially when they have a naturally ascendant element. Though I am also not surprised that you seem to have a natural aptitude. You showed a very quick understanding."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:07 pm

"Your guidance and instructions were of much help to me, Kuu-san. I'm not sure if I would've been able to figure it out on my own in such short time without your input," she said with honest praise.
Theme | Profile

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:18 pm

"I'm glad to have helped out. I'll probably be heading to the Great Falls temple after this, to store notes, stories and information on this event there. For the Orders histories," he says. "If you wanted to travel back that way together."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:54 pm

"You'd be more than welcome to travel with us back to the lands of the Dragon, Kuu-san. We'll be setting out early tomorrow." She said, bowing to the monk.
Theme | Profile

Kuu

Post by Kuu » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:34 pm

"Very well," he looks to the fire. "Rebirth and renewal. It's good to be able to let go of one's history to make way for better things in the future."