Day 8

Canary
Site Admin

Day 8

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:14 pm

Day 8

Days: 14:00 6/28 - 13:59 7/1

Weather:
It's still snowing in the morning, and the ravens that have been gathering in the village are now perched about the castle grounds. The snow isn't gathering too much, but that is little comfort as muted lightning flashes overhead along with high winds, peaking in the early afternoon. Most people stay indoors and there are mutterings about bad omens. The atmosphere from the previous day becomes intense, and veterans of the expedition may find themselves having flashbacks of the monstrous horrors they encountered.

Thankfully, the air begins to clear in the late afternoon, and by the evening, the winds have died down a little and the snow has stopped. By Late Night, the clouds have cleared enough that a few scattered stars can be spotted between clouds.

Events:
LM: Duel - Kakita vs. Hadananzi
EA: Court and [REDACTED]
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Canary
Site Admin

Re: Day 8

Post by Canary » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:29 pm

Rumors

"How could anyone believe it was Kakita who wrote this silly love letter? It's so obviously fake."
"I can see that, but I don't get it--who would want to put Lady Ananzihime in difficulties like this? How awkward for her, a public duel and everything..."
"The strangest thing is, I''m pretty sure it was a certain other Crane lady. Here, look at the way this character is written. Doesn't it make you think of... ahem... tea?"

~

"Some of the courtiers seem awfully put out by His Majesty supporting the monk orders. What have they got against chanting and helping people?"
"No one says everyone has to *love* the monks, but... do they think the Emperor doesn't know what he's doing? He's the heavenly Emperor! How can you second-guess that?"

~

"Well, Doji's heir might be a disaster, but the other children of the Kami all seem to live up to their parents, at least."
"I agree. Hantei-sama is so gentlemanly, and Rei-sama is so wise and helpful."
"And Togashi-sama is a lovely girl. So is Lady Ananzihime... at least, the last time I saw her. It's been a few days, come to think of it."
"Oh, and isn't that Shosuro girl related to Bayushi? I think?"
"I'm not sure who you mean..."
"Never mind then. Anyway, maybe there's some hope for Doji-sama, if she spends a few more quiet years learning from her cousins and sister."
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."