Day 5

Canary
Site Admin

Day 5

Post by Canary » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 pm

Day 5

Days: 14:00 6/19 - 13:59 6/22

Weather:
Today is cold but bright, the snow on the ground making the Lady Amaterasu light up the world even more vividly. While there is a mellow, if biting wind, people can't help but go outside on a day like today, making the river and hot springs around popular destinations. Despite the cold temperatures, an unusual number of ravens have been spotted around town. Meanwhile, a stir has begun in the palace as Shinsei sits down to speak with Emperor Shiba at length.

Events:
EA: Recording the Tao
EA: Observing the Recording

[Note: The two events take up what would normally be court. Players may post in both Observing and Recording.]
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Bakuriel

Re: Day 5

Post by Bakuriel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:19 pm

Rumors:

"Have you heard about Kakita?"
"That dashing young Bat?"
"Not by first choice though. He was so desperate to join the Crane that he tried to steal the name of a dead man."
"What? I know the Bat deal with ghosts but I thought they'd have better taste when it came to mortals."
"Maybe they didn't know?"
"I wonder why the Crane haven't raised a stink about him."
"Maybe they don't think he's worth the fuss politically?"
"Maybe."

~~

"Lady Dojihime seemed pretty upset that people were talking about her mother being indisposed. I thought everyone knew that's why she missed the wedding? Why the fuss?"
"Don't be too hard on milady. When your parents are ill it feels like the scariest thing in the world, even if it's not that serious."

~~

"I heard that Kakita fellow is actually dead! Or he came back from the dead. Or something like that."
"Are you certain you heard right? He looks normal. Well, for a Bat."
"I guess even if he is dead... the Bat know what they're doing with that stuff, right?"
"Sure."

~~

"I didn't expect tea to be so much more popular than wine with these guests!"
"No wonder there hasn't been much scandal yet this season."
"Alas."