New Mechanics: Scales of the Dragon (to be approved)

Togashi Satsuki

New Mechanics: Scales of the Dragon (to be approved)

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:29 am

This is rather late, but realised I had forgotten to share this here with folks when I went looking for it (and I thought I had posted it here). This was a combined effort of myself, Ko, and Yatsufusa, as well as Nadare's player (who wasn't here for this game) to make and bring to life. :)

Scales of the Dragon
Formed together from the three Dragon families, the Scales of the Dragon was created on the many different spiritual backgrounds that made up the Dragon Clan into a unifying tradition, sharing in old elements and new ones alike to give the priests of the clan a common ground to stand on. Its philosophy is strongly attached to the realms beyond Ningen-do, with a focus on Tengoku for purity and holiness tying to Lord Togashi’s origin, and Chikushudo for interacting with nature and wildlife as something that most could relate to from the existing practices in place from the old tribes. Within the school, they call this teaching philosophy “San ten ichi” (three heavens as one), where Ningen-do is considered the third heaven to Tengoku and Chikushudo, as well reflecting the three Dragon families making up the clan.
The school is not in the purview of any one Family of the Dragon, making its students varied and versatile with all the different backgrounds coming together.
A common trait of the students of the school is to adorn oneself with tattoos similar to that of Togashi's Order or with other painted markings on the face and body, although these tattoos and markings hold no mystical powers in themselves. Rather the act is a ritual that brings together the students in a shared tradition.
Students of the Scales of the Dragon are taught not only to provide spiritual guidance to their clan, but to also be spiritual protectors as well, defending the way of life among the Dragon and the spiritual world.

Scales of the Dragon [Shugenja]
Benefit: +1 Intelligence
Honor: 4.5
Skills: Calligraphy (Cipher), Defense, Lore: Spirit Realms, Lore: Theology, Meditation, Spellcraft, any one High or Bugei skill.
Outfit: Robes, Wakizashi, any 1 weapon, Scroll Satchel, Traveling Pack, 5 koku
Affinity/Deficiency: Choose any one element as your Affinity. You are automatically deficient in its opposing element (Fire/Water, Air/Earth). You may choose Void as your Affinity if you possess the Ishiken-do Advantage - you are then deficient in two other elements.

Technique - Blood of the Dragons
When casting a spell from an element you are not deficient in, you may expend a spell slot from the element you have chosen as your Affinity to gain +1k0 per School Rank on the Spell Casting Roll. You also gain a Free Raise on any spell with the Defense keyword.
Spells: Sense, Commune, Summon, 3 spells of your elemental affinity, 2 spells of a non-Deficient element, 1 spell of a second non-Deficient element.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).