[Go fund Me] Crab shugenja school

Yoshitsune Chizu

[Go fund Me] Crab shugenja school

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:45 pm

We're trying to gather influence to create a Crab shugenja school (currently the Crab only have bushi). We were initially supporting the Kitsu shugenja proposal, but that didn't quite come together, so now we're trying to make a standalone basic shugenja school for the Crab. Anjing Sagara has some ideas for tailoring the Crab shugenja school to be more appropriate for this timeline and the new northern role of the Crab.

Between Anjing Sagara, Ryoshun Rei, Hantei Genji and myself, we have 5 influence points towards creating a Crab shugenja school. We need only 2 more to make this happen (a total of 7 are needed), if anyone would be willing to contribute a point or two.

Thanks for your consideration :)
Crab Clan ❖ Bushi ❖ Large ❖ Benten's Blessing
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 2.0 ❖ Exceptional Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, fan. in battle: heavy armor, tetsubo

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Go fund Me] Crab shugenja school

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:50 pm

Alas that I tapped out getting the Imperials some courtiers.

If you can't quite pull it together this game, recall that in canon, the Scorpion didn't have a shugenja school until after the war, and the Crane didn't get one until about the fourth century....

... Ayumu might have two points left, though.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:21 pm

The Dragon spent 3 points to improve relations with the Crab, but we could also use the points to help with a shuggie school instead (which would be kind of fun since the Dragon also worked on a shugenja school with our Influence :) ).

Something to keep in mind if no one else has points, at least.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:13 pm

Chizu and I would be very thankful if we could pull this one off this time around. It might take a few games to get the shugenja school out otherwise, especially since from what I read the next game is a 90% probability death scene.

I've read through some of the canon existing schools, and even into the shaman yobanjin school, to get some thoughts on what could be of the Crab shugenja school. I also looked through previous editions to get some inspiration as well. So it is something that I have been dedicating some time, and even when I created Sagara I had her affinity and her skills focused on what I thought could be the stepping stone to a Crab shugenja school.
Anjing Sagara
Crab Clan ❖ Shugenja ❖ Contrary ❖ Disturbing scar from intense burn
Status 1.0 ❖ Glory 1.0 ❖ Expected Honor
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:34 pm

Earth focus, and maybe Defense keyword?

Actually, 3E Tamori Shugenja might be something to go with the defensive role, as it was about boosting Armor TN? *thinking*
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:05 am

Crane will be sharing a school with the Spider.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:53 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:34 pm
Earth focus, and maybe Defense keyword?

Actually, 3E Tamori Shugenja might be something to go with the defensive role, as it was about boosting Armor TN? *thinking*
Most of my spells are Defense keyword, so that was the main idea. And I did have a good look at the Tamori 3E Shugenja school since it is the other Earth oriented school and thought of adapting it to 4E, maybe spend a Void point and gain Earth + Rank to TN during number of rounds equal to Earth rank. And free raise with Defense spells.

Or something of sorts.
Anjing Sagara
in court: sturdy clothing, Scroll Satchel. in battle: Scroll Satchel, Die Tsuchi

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:34 pm

4E Asahina Shugenja is also good for protecting team mates. :)
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:50 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:50 pm
... Ayumu might have two points left, though.
Points that are and will remain in the bank for long-term fruition.

Note that if you don't manage to get this funded, any Crab player wanting to play a shugenja can just go Anjing Family and Chiyo Shugenja with the Different School Advantage, a in-practice 1-point Advantage there (since the Family Bonus and the School Bonus match) for a completely broken result (a fluff technique matching their geographical condition and basically a Free Raise on any spell).
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:27 pm

I'm actually still contributing 2 to this.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:31 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:27 pm
Great, thanks! So that would put us at 6 out of 7 influence points needed.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:32 pm

Yoshitsune Chizu wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:31 pm
Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:27 pm
Great, thanks! So that would put us at 6 out of 7 influence points needed.
Letting it be the Crab's choice if they want School or improved relations with Dragon, since I consider those points committed to the benefit of the Crab. :)
Theme | Profile

Yoshitsune Chizu

Post by Yoshitsune Chizu » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:32 pm
Letting it be the Crab's choice if they want School or improved relations with Dragon, since I consider those points committed to the benefit of the Crab. :)
Thanks! I'll defer to Sagara on this choice, since the shugenja school and better relations with the Dragon are both things she's worked towards.

Anjing Sagara

Post by Anjing Sagara » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:42 pm

I would wish to get both through, so maybe some kind soul could aide with the last point needed.
Anjing Sagara

Yuzuru

Post by Yuzuru » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:08 pm

I don't have points . . . but if I had then I would attach one to the :fox: I gave to Hida.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:34 pm

Worst comes to worst though, you can always "finish" the school next game if you don't get enough points for it now. :) It's possible to finish goals between games since some have a higher cost/take more time.
Theme | Profile