[Go fund Me] Kitsu, the Masters of Void

Ryoshun Rei

Re: [Go fund Me] Kitsu, the Masters of Void

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:35 pm

We'll see where it goes. I just want the kitsu discovered, preferably with the Bat fully involved. If it gives you guys a new school, I'm all for it.

I've been collecting spirit realm story bits for the Bat since Dawn 1. This would be a nice addition to that.
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer
Status 4 βšͺ Glory 3 βšͺ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:44 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:35 pm
We'll see where it goes. I just want the kitsu discovered, preferably with the Bat fully involved. If it gives you guys a new school, I'm all for it.

I've been collecting spirit realm story bits for the Bat since Dawn 1. This would be a nice addition to that.
If this is the case, we can do a swticharoo. Instead of banking points for the School, Rei provides 2 points for Kinsen to fund her Family, which is, after all, the Kitsu. Kinsen puts 2 extra points in the school, and Rei provides 2 for the Family. How that sounds?
Stag β€’ Mom β€’ Bushi β€’ Fierce β€’ Blessed β€’ Rawr β€’ Ouch β€’ Nails β€’ Golden β€’ Hearts β€’ Yuki-onna
Description β€’ Theme β€’ Honor: What is Expected β€’ Status: 4.0 β€’ Glory: 9.3 β€’ Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:51 pm

I am fine with my points going to either one. I just want the Bat involved in finding the kitsu.
Bat Clan πŸ¦‡ Heir πŸ¦‡ Ishiken πŸ¦‡ Void πŸ¦‡ Spirit Guide πŸ¦‡ Ethereal πŸ¦‡ Pale πŸ¦‡ Lost in Thought πŸ¦‡ Engineer

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:50 pm

Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:51 pm
I am fine with my points going to either one. I just want the Bat involved in finding the kitsu.
Alright. I'll use those 2 points to fund the Komainu (Kitsu) Family, instead. Ryoshun Rei allowed Kazoku to find and discover them.
Stag β€’ Mom β€’ Bushi β€’ Fierce β€’ Blessed β€’ Rawr β€’ Ouch β€’ Nails β€’ Golden β€’ Hearts β€’ Yuki-onna
Description β€’ Theme β€’ Honor: What is Expected β€’ Status: 4.0 β€’ Glory: 9.3 β€’ Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:52 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:30 pm
-Snap-
Removing 2 Influence Points from Rei into the School (transferring it to fund the Family; Kinsen in debt)
Adding 1 Point from Sagara
Adding 1 Point from Kinsen
Removing Bat from being able to study there

--

If there's any issue, let me know.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 pm

The Komainu Family: +1 Willpower
Proud and elegant, the Komainu are the most traditional and conservative, some might say old-fashioned, shugenja family in the Empire. They are descended from the union of humans and the Kitsu shapeshifting spirits that once ruled the ancient world. After being found by Hantei Kazoku and Ryoshun Rei, many of these ancient spirits opted to become humans to join forces with Shiba's Empire and protect the Spirit Realms through Ningen-do. The Komainu possess bloodlines with strange, otherworldly abilities, such as the power to walk between the mortal world and the spirit realms. The non-ruling children of the Hantei Family have the tradition to abdicate their family name to join the Komainu and live among the other descendants.

--

Thoughts?

(edit: typo; edit 2: +1 Willpower instead of +1 Void)
Last edited by Hantei Kinsen on Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:02 pm

Looks good. If possible, I'd like a few to join the Bat as well, but just for fluff. We're already creating a new family.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:02 pm
Looks good. If possible, I'd like a few to join the Bat as well, but just for fluff. We're already creating a new family.
So... Other Clans might ask for the same thing (such as Lion and Spider). So I wouldn't say I can allow or disallow. This is for Birb to define.

There were different tribes within the Kitsu, afaik. Personally, I have no issues with that.

TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:11 pm

There were eight orders. One of them, the Order of Tsuno, have been cast out and sent to Toshigoku. I wouldn't be surprised if we see them return early in this timeline.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:20 pm

No on the Void family bonus. I'm going to need a full breakdown of the influence sources for both school and family (and possibly advanced school?) are coming from.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:21 pm

+1 Willpower?

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Canary wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:20 pm
No on the Void family bonus. I'm going to need a full breakdown of the influence sources for both school and family (and possibly advanced school?) are coming from.
School:
Chizu: 1 Point
Sagara: 2 Points
Kinsen: 3 Points
Genji: 1 Point

Family:
Rei: 2
Kinsen: 2 (Using GD to get a 3 point discount on a +7 goal)

Advanced:
Kinsen: 3 (TBD...)

(edit: fixing points and still deciding in Advanced School)

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:40 pm

But if you're seeking out the Kitsu to learn from them, maybe there could be some other way to represent that knowledge/encounter from them that could be more easily shared between the participating Clans?
Medium goals (Get a major petition involving more than one Clan approved, set an empire-wide cultural norm, found an advanced school, etc.): 5 points
Some widespread knowledge on the spirit realms from the Kitsu's knowledge and teachings sounds like it could fit under that, with the Crab, Bat, and Stag being the ones to make contact/getting the credit. Isn't that what this cooperation started out as?
Dragon β€’ Daughter of the Dragon β€’ Fire β€’ Shugenja β€’ Sassy Princess β€’ Otherworldly Beauty β€’ Tattooed β€’ Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected πŸ‰ Status: 3.0 πŸ‰ Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:52 pm

Initially, the main idea was to find a shugenja school for the Crab, since they have none. Genji mentioned getting the Kitsu –– and that was one of Kinsei's private goals, too. Then Rei also mentioned she would like to have dibs on the Kitsu somehow, not the school per se. Hisomu Kuni mentioned the same on a PM to me.

Unfortunately, I don't have 5 points to get it empire-wide cultural norm. I would have 4 left. Honestly, I would rather think an Advanced School would be more useful, if someone would like to invest with me.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:54 pm

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 pm
The Komainu Family: +1 Willpower
Proud and elegant, the Komainu are the most traditional and conservative, some might say old-fashioned, shugenja family in the Empire. They are descended from the union of humans and the Kitsu shapeshifting spirits that once ruled the ancient world. After being found by Hantei Kazoku and Ryoshun Rei, many of these ancient spirits opted to become humans to join forces with Shiba's Empire and protect the Spirit Realms through Ningen-do. The Komainu possess bloodlines with strange, otherworldly abilities, such as the power to walk between the mortal world and the spirit realms. The non-ruling children of the Hantei Family have the tradition to abdicate their family name to join the Komainu and live among the other descendants.

--

Thoughts?

(edit: typo; edit 2: +1 Willpower instead of +1 Void)
So, I'm a little confused. Are the only Hantei only the direct ruling family with the family being non-existent otherwise (ie like they are in canon)?
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:56 pm

Hisomu Kuni wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:54 pm
So, I'm a little confused. Are the only Hantei only the direct ruling family with the family being non-existent otherwise (ie like they are in canon)?
I think it looks cool if it is just the main folks there and the rest abdicates the name as a sign of respect. Just an idea. Birb can rule it out if she thinks doesn't make sense for the setting, though.

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:52 pm
Initially, the main idea was to find a shugenja school for the Crab, since they have none. Genji mentioned getting the Kitsu –– and that was one of Kinsei's private goals, too. Then Rei also mentioned she would like to have dibs on the Kitsu somehow, not the school per se. Hisomu Kuni mentioned the same on a PM to me.

Unfortunately, I don't have 5 points to get it empire-wide cultural norm. I would have 4 left. Honestly, I would rather think an Advanced School would be more useful, if someone would like to invest with me.
So...

- Invest in a Crab Shugenja school (School goal)
- Establish friendly relations with the Kitsu to learn from them alongside with the Bat

Seems like that would be the easiest solution, no?
Dragon β€’ Daughter of the Dragon β€’ Fire β€’ Shugenja β€’ Sassy Princess β€’ Otherworldly Beauty β€’ Tattooed β€’ Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected πŸ‰ Status: 3.0 πŸ‰ Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:58 pm

I rather invest in the family, to be honest.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:07 pm

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:56 pm
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:54 pm
I think it looks cool if it is just the main folks there and the rest abdicates the name as a sign of respect. Just an idea. Birb can rule it out if she thinks doesn't make sense for the setting, though.
That seems more like an Imperial thing than a Clan thing.

I could see something like that strictly for the ruling family, but not all the regular followers who took his name. Some sort of oath between the Stag and the Kitsu. But otherwise, it's the Stag eliminating a Family for the most part except for a very few (and that means very limited slots in futuregames). It could also be taken as Hantei declaring himself Emperor-light (I'm assuming Shiba is doing something similar).

Of course, I am not a Stag in this game and will probably not play one anytime soon, so take my opinion as you will.

EDIT: Also, if you're more or less eliminating a Family, might as well see if you can get a discount on the new one.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:11 pm

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:07 pm
(I'm assuming Shiba is doing something similar).
Per the character creation guidelines, he is.

I personally think the, "only the boss gets the name" thing really only flies when it's the Emperor. Especially since, as noted, it limits Stag player options a smidge- and sicne the family writeup indicates that there would, in future, be enough Hantei to fill Emerald Magistrate ranks in appreciable numbers.
Imperial β€’ Assassin and former Babysitter β€’ Experienced 2 β€’ Bushi β€’ Evil Eye β€’ (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) β€’ Team Hikaru Veteran β€’ Disturbing Countenance β€’ Willow β€’ Blessed by Fukurokujin β€’ Probably Older Than You β€’ Librarian β€’ Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.