[Go fund Me] Kitsu, the Masters of Void

Hantei Kinsen

[Go fund Me] Kitsu, the Masters of Void

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:08 pm

So, Kinsen would try to find her heritage to be able to recount that to her children: Genji, Kazoku... and perhaps a newborn soon.

Since I understood other people would like to get the Ancient Races back into the table, I extend the invitation to check how many are interested in getting this going for the Kitsu.

I am unsure how many points this would require. If you have interest, please post how many you could use to invest in this.

Kinsen could invest up to 3 –– initially.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Genji

Re: [Go fund Me] Kitsu, the Masters of Void

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:35 pm

Genji has interest in this...though how much he can invest is still under debate. I have 1 "spare" which is up in the air, depending on...stuff.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:27 pm

The question is, how much will it cost overall? I am definitely interested, but there are a few other goals I've been asked to contribute to.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:12 pm

If it costs too much to get together, I wonder if we could get the Kitsu shuggie school into the Stag instead?
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:16 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:12 pm
If it costs too much to get together, I wonder if we could get the Kitsu shuggie school into the Stag instead?
That is very nice, indeed!
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:55 pm

5 points to affect the Empire. Genji adds 1, Kinsen 2. Rei another 2?

TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:20 pm

I think so.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:56 pm

Alright. Birb just confirmed in my PF that we can use these points to create a School that can be attended by multiple Clans.

We already have 5 points mentioned here, so that could be the Advanced School: “Kitsu” Sodan-Senzo for both Stag and Bat to attend to. We can deep dive in details and naming.

As for the Basic School, I would suggest investing points with the Crab Clan to get them a Basic School shared with the Stag (along with the peace treaty). Hantei Kazoku, Genji’s small sister would join the Crab and teach her ways to them.

We have 2 from Gusai, plus 3 from both Chizu and Sagara. I can chip in additional 2. We would have a shared “Kitsu” Basic School (Void or Water focused) up for us to define.

Or we can have 1 basic school that the Kitsu themselves teach these Clans. 3 points from Stag, 2 from Crab and 2 from Bat.

What you all think?

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:50 pm

I will have this running for 3 days...

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:17 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:20 pm
I think so.
Both Sagara and Chizu confirmed the shugenja school would be the best option, if it remains open for those that have the gift. In this case, I would suggest that we move forward with the Basic Kitsu School open for the 3 Clans sponsoring it, and not the advanced School.

Rei, are we ok with this?

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:02 pm

Just got nudged here that a 3 Clan school might be a no-go.

TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:05 pm

I'm fine with whatever we are allowed to accomplish here. I've locked in my 2.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:43 pm

Alright. It may happen with 3 Clans, but there must be SUBSTANTIAL ties to the School from all parties involved.

My pitch as for Stag: it would be Kinsen’s heritage through Kazoku. She’s studying to be a Shugenja, and she struggles with how the Seppun teach their ways.

Since the Spirit Realms are kind of fuzzy, she would have been reached out by the Kitsu in her dreams. She goes to the Bat to find her cousin Rei, so they can teach her how to connect with the other realms (something she has in her blood, both by Hantei and the Kitsu).

Rei teaches her, and she manages to connect to a Kitsu ancestor that passes her down knowledge and rituals to form her own technique. She then tries to pass that down to those that are not necessarily Kitsu-blooded but do have the gift.

Then, she’s married off to the Crab and starts to teach it there. Meaning the Dojo itself is open for Stag and Bat as honorable guests (at no mechanical cost), yet it is located in the north.

Thoughts?

TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:30 pm

Sounds good to me.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:30 pm

Alright folks. Let's get more details here:

Chizu: 1 Point
Sagara: 2 Points
Kinsen: 3 Points
Genji: 1 Point

Total: 7 Points

Since the majority of points came from the Stag, I would suggest having a Stag School open for the Crab.

---

Komainu Shugenja School (adapted from Kitsu Shugenja) [Stag Clan School; Crab can enter with no mechanical cost]:

The ancient rituals of the shapeshifting Komainu have remained virtually unchanged, and the notion of putting aside the relics of the past has never occurred to the heirs of this Ancient Race. Because of the unique origins of the children of Hantei and Kinsen, they have gained insights into the relationship between the mortal world and the realms beyond.

Through the help of the spiritual connections of Ryoshun Rei and the Ishiken-do of the Bat Clan, Kazoku, a child of Hantei later married into the Crab Clan, was able to perceive the bonds that tie the living to their ancestors, and gradually expanded that power to the point that they are not only capable to sense and teach others that have the gift of the kami, but can also manipulate the bonds that an individual might possess to other realms.

The Komainu Shugenja possess a unique ability to interfere with the link another has to other realms, represented by their Technique that allows the disruption of certain kinds of Advantages. Their secondary focus is on large-scale magic that can be employed in battle, which allows them to influence the outcome of skirmishes through use of powerful spells.

Benefit: +1 Perception
Skills: Battle, Calligraphy (Cipher), Etiquette, Lore: Spirit Realms, Lore: History, Spellcraft, any one High or Bugei Skill
Honor: 6.5
Outfit: Robes, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Traveling Pack, 5 koku
Affinity / Deficiency: Water / Fire
Spells: Sense, Commune, Summon, 3 Water, 2 Air, and 1 Earth
Technique: Eyes of the Ancestors - The Komainu Shugenja have learned their abilities from the rituals and connections of mystical creatures of old, and as such are able to reach across the veil between worlds and speak with their ancestors. You may make a Spell Casting Roll (as though casting a Water Spell) against a target's Willpower x 5. If successful, you learn all Spiritual Advantages or Disadvantages that individual possesses. By spending a Void Point, you may negate any one Spiritual Advantage an opponent possesses for a number of minutes equal to your School Rank. You also gain a Free Raise on any spell with the Battle keyword.

---

Thoughts?
Last edited by Hantei Kinsen on Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:48 pm

To be honest, it doesn't do much for the Bat, but that's fine, as long as their involved in finding the kitsu and can gain knowledge from them.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:48 pm
To be honest, it doesn't do much for the Bat, but that's fine, as long as their involved in finding the kitsu and can gain knowledge from them.
Feel free to suggest changes and even defund, if it doesn't reach the desired goal. :D

TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:14 pm

I don't have any issues with the school. My interest in the kitsu was to establish a connection and gain knowledge, for story reasons and so that the Bat could potentially develop some things in the future.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:21 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:14 pm
I don't have any issues with the school. My interest in the kitsu was to establish a connection and gain knowledge, for story reasons and so that the Bat could potentially develop some things in the future.
Another idea would be that the Stag or Crab might be able to "purchase" the whole School in future games. It is not GM approved –– and it might be a nightmare to get this through –– but, as a player, I would say I would be in debt to the Bat and repay these 2 influence points given in a future game.

TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:30 pm

Changed Lore: Theology to Lore: Spirit Realms as suggested by Anjing Sagara in a PM.

TN to be recognized is 0