Influence Tallies...

Ryoshun Rei

Re: Influence Tallies...

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:27 pm

The Bat goal is likely unreachable, but it could potentially be combined with another. We just want to build something.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:27 pm

Hence why I said Makime goal and not Lion goal :)

It's neat and GEnji likes it.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:35 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:27 pm
The Bat goal is likely unreachable, but it could potentially be combined with another. We just want to build something.
The Imp goal is an institutional piece of legislation, not a structure, soooo... it mates poorly with a lot of what the rest of you seem to be up to :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:10 am

The sad thing is the influence system probably would have worked if we were greedy/assholes. The players are the ones who decided 'avoid competing events' even though it only took five attendees, counting the host, to be worth influence. Mind you, I'm glad I didn't have to often decide between events but I suspect it was expected we would have more influence floating around than we did.
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:11 am

There is actually a note saying on the Event Rules to avoid doing that very thing.
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:13 am

Except I think that flooding the game with Events would've backfired and people would've been fatigued on them much sooner, causing more Events to fail to meet the 5 person criteria.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:32 am

Wu Ko wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:11 am
There is actually a note saying on the Event Rules to avoid doing that very thing.
That was at the same at the same time. So, having an event in the Garden and in the Dining Hall was cool. Two in the Garden was not.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:35 am

*retains unshakeable faith in Team Birb*
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:37 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:32 am
Wu Ko wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:11 am
That was at the same at the same time. So, having an event in the Garden and in the Dining Hall was cool. Two in the Garden was not.
Ah, so it does say that. Kinda figured that was counted in general location posting etiquette but I've missed many memo's :oops:
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:59 am

I still agree getting more events happening at the same time would have made for event fatigue much earlier. And there was quite a bit of that, I think?

May be wrong though.

Btw - I had miscalculated, "Rockstar" ( :? ) Kotsu is sitting at 9 Influence. Would have 11 if I hadn't given out Influence in events she was in - although I'm glad we decided to do that in the events I was in! ;)

But yeah... waaay far from Kirin goal. Might do it with... lots of help? lol
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:03 am

When Day 8 finishes and we get to see end-game stuff come up, I imagine we'll see people start threads to ask for Influence for their goals (clan and otherwise). I feel pretty sure I will do it at least.

I'm curious to see if Goal Points from Dawn 2 will return again, because I know myself and others aimed for some goals back then with the thought that the system would be used again in the future.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:08 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:03 am
When Day 8 finishes and we get to see end-game stuff come up, I imagine we'll see people start threads to ask for Influence for their goals (clan and otherwise). I feel pretty sure I will do it at least.

I'm curious to see if Goal Points from Dawn 2 will return again, because I know myself and others aimed for some goals back then with the thought that the system would be used again in the future.
I have been doing that since the beginning!
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:21 am

Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:35 am
*retains unshakeable faith in Team Birb*
Always.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Akodo Moshi

Post by Akodo Moshi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:26 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:03 am

Pretty sure I don't deserve it for not playing enough, but I would like to eventually develop a shugenja school for the lion clan
Honor: What is expected Status: 1.0 Glory: 3
Lion Clan *Shugenja * Blessed by Air *Sage *Great Expectations *Humbled
Current influence: 1

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:06 am

Stag goal is very straightforward and honorable: peace.

Anyone willing to donate extra points to make peace between Stag and Crab will be remembered by the Stag as brothers and sisters in arms.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:28 am

*considers whether Influence can buy love*
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:37 am

On this subject, I do not believe the Monks will reach 20 at all. I'm looking into good options and conferring with Kuu about preferred approaches, but I have plans
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:55 am

Just because of how this game turned out, I may lower Influence costs. Don't set out expenditures until I get everything sorted out tomorrow.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:14 pm

Now that there shouldn't be any issue with achieving our faction goal, the Imperial Families have a few points left. We have ideas of our own about what to use them on, but if some of the factions that have been best friends with us this court have plans that would require a complementary input, you can try knocking that door.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:31 pm

Roads will need some influence. I intend to commit part of my influence to it but I know others were interested as well.
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted