Re: Influence Tallies...

Post by Kakita » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:26 pm

You influencers and your influence.
Bat Clan | Mystical Sword | Daimyo | Avian-like | Kenku-trained | Demon Cutter

- 逸材の花より挑み続け咲いた一輪が美しい-

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:46 pm

I would think Tsubaki’s influence belongs, at the end of the game, to Tsubaki the character? Since it’s awarded to PCs and not factions. (Also, technically I guess she was Team Jigoku all along).

If Kogi decides D9 to retire to a monk order or something, I don’t think the Scorpion Clan has dibs on my influence points, for example. But yeah, question for the GMs.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:50 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:46 pm
I would think Tsubaki’s influence belongs, at the end of the game, to Tsubaki the character? Since it’s awarded to PCs and not factions. (Also, technically I guess she was Team Jigoku all along).
And she killed the red panda too :(
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:53 pm

I should’ve known something was up when Ryoshun showed up suddenly, played by a different actor…. :lol:
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
是藥三分毒

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:54 pm

…Or should I say Faux-shun?

Okay, okay, I’m leaving now. :?
是藥三分毒

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:03 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:50 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:46 pm
And she killed the red panda too :(
Wait...what?
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Ryoshun Rei

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:06 pm

I have 6 I believe. Not sure about the other Bat.
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Ryoshun Yua

Post by Ryoshun Yua » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:39 pm

I mean. I'm not active, so I do not think my 3 do much of anything. (though I'm willing to toss at a Bat-related goal if allowed)

Since points are granted to individuals and not clans.

Which goes for Tsubaki as well. I wouldn't think they'd just revert. If someone had a personal goal of 'joining the evil dream horde' she could toss them her points to bolster it.
Bat Clan * Small * Void * Talks to the Air * This Driver Stops for Omens

Carries: Knives, incense, iron chopsticks

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:53 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:52 pm
(Sorry Ayumu! We tried!)
Maybe the Tao was Ayumu's real event and the scholarly one a bluff all along? The spirits work in mysterious ways.
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:45 pm

There are implications, and perhaps evidence, that Tea!Tsubaki and Demon!Tsubaki may not be the same being. I leave it up to people in-character to decide how they react but, to my knowledge, the Crane get to keep the influence she earned (even if, out of character, I did prod them to use it before D8 just in case).

The Empire has recorded knowledge of skin stealers so it's not far fetched to go 'well, that poor Crane got gobbled up at some point, what a loss' if people don't want to suddenly vilify tea and the arts instead of 'they are irrevocably tied to evil and must be destroyed!'
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:54 pm

I kind of figured the individual had to still be around to use their social pull at the moment the Influence is spent, but whatever works, I guess? 8-)
是藥三分毒

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:11 pm

The Spider are also under 20. We had a good amount of players. Unfortunately, most, if not all, of us had life get in the way stopped us from be very active.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:45 pm

*Rockstar* Kotsu should be at 11, and thus so are the Kirin. Still must post the results for the Horse event btw!
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Sounds like some horse-trading is in order, then.

Guess I know what Sora's doing on Day 9 :P
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 pm

Got no horses, but I can ship.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Akodo Kawauso

Post by Akodo Kawauso » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:59 pm

I think Lion may be 17, as Moshi has 1, Ayano 7 and Kawauso 9. Have a hard time wiping all of us out, and begging extra, to get to 20, and then there are no personal things accomplished...

I would expect there will be some influence award for characters that remained in the game, but if there isn't... *shrug* Kawauso wants to do something great coming out of this, and if there's a personal side benefit to accomplishing the clan goal, that'd be really cool.
Lion Clan bushi * Spear master * Person of the river * Practical * Doesn't get out much
Carries, in respectable places: rustic tunic and pants, daisho. Outdoors, adds: worn but well maintained woolen cloak and big damn spear.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 pm

Mind you... the way things work, there's little incentive to trade (since influence is influence, and what else would you be swapping it for), so... we'd basically all be trying to cannibalize the shares of smaller factions that are essentially incapable of hitting 20.

Hmmmm. Something for the postmortem on this game... maybe in future don't tie goals directly to factions...

Like, the Imperial goal is one I can see the Monks, Ki-Rin, Dragon, Spider, and possibly Bat all endorsing- but not at the expense of their own specific projects.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:03 pm

I mean...it also depends if OOC or IC you want the thing to be built?

E.g. if Genji has any spare influence, he's gonna throw it at Makime or Dragon goals, cause he thinks those be neat.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:20 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 pm
Mind you... the way things work, there's little incentive to trade (since influence is influence, and what else would you be swapping it for), so... we'd basically all be trying to cannibalize the shares of smaller factions that are essentially incapable of hitting 20.

Hmmmm. Something for the postmortem on this game... maybe in future don't tie goals directly to factions...

Like, the Imperial goal is one I can see the Monks, Ki-Rin, Dragon, Spider, and possibly Bat all endorsing- but not at the expense of their own specific projects.
Dragon are focused on their Clan Goal first and foremost, as we consider it a protection for the Empire.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:23 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:03 pm
I mean...it also depends if OOC or IC you want the thing to be built?

E.g. if Genji has any spare influence, he's gonna throw it at Makime or Dragon goals, cause he thinks those be neat.
I am not sure my goal is a goal per say...

Ironically I think Makime's road suggestion may have been confused for the Lion goal :lol:
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted