Canary
Site Admin

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:02 am

Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:51 am
Canary wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:40 am
To answer questions about the thread, the Raven is too far away to fight. Yes, it is over a hundred feet in just a few seconds. It's real real fast.
I guess we can't try to follow it? I suppose there is no way I am gonna catch it though :lol:
Yeah, there's no way you're going to catch it. Shosuro is moving hella fast and she can't catch it right now. This form is specialized in getting the hell out of Dodge.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:40 am

Technique question: does Investigation vs. Sincerity count as a Social Roll for Bayushi Courtiers? It seems like it should but technically Investigation is not tagged Social (it also has non-social uses after all). So, checking.
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:48 am

Not a question per se, but didn't want it to get lost in the Thread that Kuni is checking Kakita to see if he might have gotten Tainted or at least if it should be a concern.

Kuni's post.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 am

Does Shiba have magical means to get a message to Lady Doji/Lord Nanzi asap? Or, at least, faster than Hikaru?
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:16 am

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:40 am
Technique question: does Investigation vs. Sincerity count as a Social Roll for Bayushi Courtiers? It seems like it should but technically Investigation is not tagged Social (it also has non-social uses after all). So, checking.
Uh... Gonna say tentative yes.
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 am
Does Shiba have magical means to get a message to Lady Doji/Lord Nanzi asap? Or, at least, faster than Hikaru?
Faster than Hikaru yes, mystical, no. He just has a lot of resources at his disposal.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:53 am

So [Redacted] event was Tsubaki's revelation, or we still waiting on the last event?
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Subject: Influence Tallies...
Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:22 pm
I would ask more directly on the Tsubaki thing. Cause from my read it's personal influence? So, the in-setting idea set of her using the influence she's accrued to help Clan goals wouldn't really be possible- cause she can't show up to cash that check.

Not aiming to argue the other way, just pointing out my thought on why it would be good to get a clarification!
Also with Tsubaki, she earned Influence is that gone, I would hope not as that seems punitive for a GM controlled event but just wondering.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:47 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:53 am
So [Redacted] event was Tsubaki's revelation, or we still waiting on the last event?
Can confirm that was the [Redacted]
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:37 pm

Has the Spider Clan's goal been met with the events of day 8?
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:02 pm

Was there something to being a co-host for events beyond just the fluff of it? I feel as though I've gotten the idea there might have been influence gains from the involvement of a character as a co-host to an event! Though I'm not certain where exactly this idea originated from!
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 am

Hisomu Susumu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:37 pm
Has the Spider Clan's goal been met with the events of day 8?
Have you put the requisite influence into it?
Wu Ko wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:02 pm
Was there something to being a co-host for events beyond just the fluff of it? I feel as though I've gotten the idea there might have been influence gains from the involvement of a character as a co-host to an event! Though I'm not certain where exactly this idea originated from!
That is accurate. It is in the event hosting rules. The base 3 Influence reward is divided between each host. Each then gets an additional +1 Influence, and +1 if one of the Imperial couple attends.

Wu Ko

Post by Wu Ko » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:08 am

Ah! I'll note then that the Elemental Discussions event was co-hosted by Satsuki, Yatsufusa, and Ko. However only Satsuki received points during said event. This was back some days of course, but I only started noticing this and that I had not received points until recently!
Dragon ☼ Shugenja ☼ Spiritual Healer ☼ Satsuki's Keeper ☼ Woman Formerly of the Woods ☼

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:51 am

Canary wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 am

That is accurate. It is in the event hosting rules. The base 3 Influence reward is divided between each host. Each then gets an additional +1 Influence, and +1 if one of the Imperial couple attends.
So, in case of 2 hosts, that would be....4 total without Imperial couple, so 2 each, if I calculate it right? Or unsure, as 3 is hard to halve.
Son of the Stag * Idealistic Prodigy * Blessed and Cursed
Carries: Daisho, other stuff

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:21 am

Canary wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 am
Have you put the requisite influence into it?
Forgive me if I've missed it, but how, exactly, do we spend the Influence? Note in the PF? Announcement in Court?
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:51 am
So, in case of 2 hosts, that would be....4 total without Imperial couple, so 2 each, if I calculate it right? Or unsure, as 3 is hard to halve.
yeah, I'd round it to 4.
Otomo Gusai wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:21 am
Forgive me if I've missed it, but how, exactly, do we spend the Influence? Note in the PF? Announcement in Court?
Sorry, oversight on my part. Note it in your PF for personal goals, reply to the Clan Goal thread for Clan goals, including who is contributing how much within the delegation.

Edit: Added it to the Influence thread

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:45 pm

Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:57 pm

http://kyuuen.fallenash.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=848

Will this system come back or does Influence supersede this also will Great Destiny or Dark Fate apply and if used can it be used again if say someone used it last game?
Last edited by Doji Dojihime on Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:57 pm

It seems The Brotherhood's goal and the Dragon's goal can combine very well...could they be merged?

Also

The Emperor supports our project financially, is there a cost reduction linked to it or is it for narrative purposes?
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed
Honor: What is expected, Infamy: 1, Status: 4

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:12 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:57 pm
http://kyuuen.fallenash.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=848

Will this system come back or does Influence supersede this also will Great Destiny or Fark Fate apply and if used can it be used again if say someone used it last game?
Also curious about this one for goals that were left incomplete last game (Saruko didn't manage all the points to finish the construction of Great Falls as a city, but was only missing 1 or 2 Goal Points), and how that will work with Influence.
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).