Post by Canary » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:40 am

Ask questions of the GMs here!
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Experienced 2

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste, and see."

Ryoshun Rei

Re: GM Questions

Post by Ryoshun Rei » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:45 pm

No rush, but are there Advantage and Disadvantage adjustments for the Bat?
Bat Clan 🦇 Heir 🦇 Ishiken 🦇 Void 🦇 Spirit Guide 🦇 Ethereal 🦇 Pale 🦇 Lost in Thought 🦇 Engineer
Status 4 ⚪ Glory 3 ⚪ Honor: Untrustworthy

Carries: Tanto, Divination Kit, Medicine Kit, Lantern, Parchment, Seal, Water
Accompanied By: Hen

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:12 pm

Is it intended that a player can earn 3 Influence a day just from a daily open thread?

Subject: Player Events
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Shinjo Ryoko wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:08 pm
Guess threads, though the distinction might be blurry. If it's about providing rolls and rewards for this being an event, I can make something up if it's allowed.
In general you need about ten people or so to really matter if you expect that every game day then I can post it.

Edit: Correction there is no minimum though I would like to have Canary or a GM chime in if they wanted us to have events every day.
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:16 pm

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:45 pm
Similarly the Stag?
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:28 pm

Could we have an overview of the current relations between the clans? It might help for our newer players too to know which clans are friendly and which ones are not so friendly. :)

Edit: Also, could we increase the number of posts per page? :D
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Shinjo Ryoko

Post by Shinjo Ryoko » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:40 am

A newb question: is Bat Mystics' Void magic still pure blood magic?
Ki-Rin Clan 空 Mystic 空 Enlightened Plus 空 Traveller 空 Incomprehensible 空 Scion 空 Daddy's Daughter

Shourido the Cat

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:33 am

Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Otomo Gusai wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:16 pm
Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Similarly the Stag?
I'll work on that today. I'll show up under the Advantage/Disadvantage thing with the Spider adjustments.
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:12 pm
Is it intended that a player can earn 3 Influence a day just from a daily open thread?

Subject: Player Events
Doji Dojihime wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Shinjo Ryoko wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:08 pm
Guess threads, though the distinction might be blurry. If it's about providing rolls and rewards for this being an event, I can make something up if it's allowed.
In general you need about ten people or so to really matter if you expect that every game day then I can post it.

Edit: Correction there is no minimum though I would like to have Canary or a GM chime in if they wanted us to have events every day.
A party with less than 5 attendees including the host is a meeting and won't count. I'll add it to the rules.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:28 pm
Could we have an overview of the current relations between the clans? It might help for our newer players too to know which clans are friendly and which ones are not so friendly. :)

Edit: Also, could we increase the number of posts per page? :D
Sure, I'll work on it.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:44 am

Hi Birb! Thanks again for helping me notice I was being stupid and already had access to the forums :lol:

More or less specific questions, but I know they should help at least one fellow player -

1) For fishing, should we use Hunting, or Craft: Fishing, or do both do different things? (and if so, what would the difference be?). For Craft: Fishing, which trait should we use? Or does it vary?

2) For Craft skills more generally, the Core Book says the Trait used 'varies'. I've seen this handled differently, sometimes with a list of traits for each particular skill, sometimes with the trait used depending on the particular use of the skill, sometimes allowing players some flexibility in choosing traits as long as they justified their approach. Do you have a particular way you plan to handle this?

If you plan on using specific skills, could we maybe get a general listing (no rush, of course!)? Or maybe just some info on Craft: Fishing (see above :D ), Craft: Shipbuilding (or boatmaking, or whatever applies to making canoes lol), Craft: Woodworking and Craft: Weaponsmithing?

Thanks! :D
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:55 am

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:44 am
Hi Birb! Thanks again for helping me notice I was being stupid and already had access to the forums :lol:

More or less specific questions, but I know they should help at least one fellow player -

1) For fishing, should we use Hunting, or Craft: Fishing, or do both do different things? (and if so, what would the difference be?). For Craft: Fishing, which trait should we use? Or does it vary?

2) For Craft skills more generally, the Core Book says the Trait used 'varies'. I've seen this handled differently, sometimes with a list of traits for each particular skill, sometimes with the trait used depending on the particular use of the skill, sometimes allowing players some flexibility in choosing traits as long as they justified their approach. Do you have a particular way you plan to handle this?

If you plan on using specific skills, could we maybe get a general listing (no rush, of course!)? Or maybe just some info on Craft: Fishing (see above :D ), Craft: Shipbuilding (or boatmaking, or whatever applies to making canoes lol), Craft: Woodworking and Craft: Weaponsmithing?

Thanks! :D
Pick the trait you want to use for your craft and justify it in your PF once those go up.

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:00 am

Canary wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:55 am
Pick the trait you want to use for your craft and justify it in your PF once those go up.
That sounds great! And as for Hunting vs Craft: Fishing for, well, fishing? Is there a difference in what the skills do, or how they will work?
Status

Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.

Canary
Site Admin

Post by Canary » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:48 pm

Chai Kotsume wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:00 am
Canary wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:55 am
That sounds great! And as for Hunting vs Craft: Fishing for, well, fishing? Is there a difference in what the skills do, or how they will work?
You used Craft: Fishing to fish and you use Hunting for hunting land animals and birbs.

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:56 pm

Also, since the Otomo are listed as a Stag Family in the Timeline, I should use the listed Family bonus (+1 Intelligence) in the Core book, yes?
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:09 pm

For any event requiring several players organizing it (for example an exhibition match between two swordmasters), how is influence awarded? Shared as evenly as possible?
Imperial • Bushi • Isawa Tribe • Experienced

Makime Ayano

Post by Makime Ayano » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:11 pm

Follow up to Ayumu's question:
Would clan's coordinating on events have any effect on their overall relations?
Lion Clan • Tactician • Sage • Makime Heir Apparent • Favored by Daikoku • Easily Exhausted

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:14 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:09 pm
For any event requiring several players organizing it (for example an exhibition match between two swordmasters), how is influence awarded? Shared as evenly as possible?
Makime Ayano wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:11 pm
Follow up to Ayumu's question:
Would clan's coordinating on events have any effect on their overall relations?
Addendum to the previous two, is there a limit to how many Hosts there can be? One per clan if joint ventures happen?
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:46 pm

Will there be pregame?
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:25 pm

Following up with some more questions here:

In the Human character creation rules:
If your School references a banned Skill, replace it with any other skill within that category. Thus Iaijutsu becomes any Bugei Skill, etc. If a school specifies Kenjutsu, you may swap the skill for another Weapon skill. The daisho may be swapped out for any two available weapons.
As Kenjutsu and Iaijutsu are not limited or banned anymore, I'd just want to confirm this can still be done. Can I still swap Kenjutsu for another Weapon skill, and the Daisho for two other weapons?

------------------
Also, and on a completely different note.
  • The 'pet' option on the Core Book (that can be got as part of the travelling pack or bought by 1 koku) mentions - 'c Pet: Dog, cat, songbird, monkey, or others. Incapable of combat.'
  • Animal Handling 5 reads: Rank 5: Trained animals still in possession of the trainer may be commanded to attack a target of his choosing. The animal will flee for its life if badly wounded regardless of commands issued.
So, some questions about that.

1) Could I get otters as part of my travelling pack, or by spending koku?

2) I intend to train otters (or have them already be trained, if that's allowed) for some tasks - not combat, not yet at least, but stuff like fishing (mainly), finding stuff, and the like. Could that be done with Otters obtained by the method above? If not, how could I get Otters I could do that with? Spending points as per the Inheritance: Falcon advantage or something like that? Any other ideas?

3) If I 'do' want to get dogs - or otters - I can train for fighting/ hunting (as per the Animal Handling 5 Mastery ability), how could I get them? Either during Char Creation or in game?

---------------------

EDIT: Joined one of the questions here to Kuni's question below as they're closely related

--------------------

EDIT: Argh sorry, one more
Seven Fortunes' Blessing: Ebisu - Whenever you are engaging in a Craft skill roll to improve life for your Clan, whether creating tools for them, farming, or fishing, you may add +0k1 to the to the total of the Craft roll in question. This bonus does not apply to Craft: Weaponsmith unless you are creating a weapon for someone else.
I'm assuming this is instead of and not in addition to the +1k1 to social skills with non-samurai, right?

----------------------------------------

Thanks again, and sorry for the barrage of questions!
Last edited by Chai Kotsume on Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Status

Hisomu Kuni

Post by Hisomu Kuni » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:58 am

Any chance people taking a ronin School, but still are part of a Clan could get a little more money. Kuni needs jade.
Spider Clan Shugenja * Antisocial * Fashionista * Slightly Paranoid * Not a Fan of Jigoku

Equipment:

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:03 am

Hisomu Kuni wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:58 am
Any chance people taking a ronin School, but still are part of a Clan could get a little more money. Kuni needs jade.
Oh, and finally, on koku - you had mentioned on Discord those who went from a Ronin Path to a Clan School might get some bonus Koku based on the Clan they're in. Is that still a thing? If so, could we maybe get a listing of the Koku available for each clan? :)
This is closely related to one of my questions above, so joining both here.
Status

Shinjo Ryoko

Post by Shinjo Ryoko » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:46 am

Shinjo Ryoko wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:40 am
A newb question: is Bat Mystics' Void magic still pure blood magic?
Think it got lost. Still dunno if I get to cut myself. ^^;

Also, is it possible to enable small sig pics?
Ki-Rin Clan 空 Mystic 空 Enlightened Plus 空 Traveller 空 Incomprehensible 空 Scion 空 Daddy's Daughter

Shourido the Cat