Memorable or Notable moments.

Isawa Kyosei

Memorable or Notable moments.

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:22 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:19 am

"My father never wears anything like this."

And he also isn't there, sending you instead! Truly, showing his wisdom!
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Doji Hikaru

Re: Memorable or Notable moments.

Post by Doji Hikaru » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:47 am

It gave me a good chuckle when my wife pointed out that this:
Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:17 pm
-Are you troubled by strange noises in the night?
-Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?
-Have you or your family actually seen a spook, specter or ghost?
Was this:

https://youtu.be/mKwh04yGB2M
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Hisomu Fumi

Post by Hisomu Fumi » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:43 am

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:47 am
It gave me a good chuckle when my wife pointed out that this:
Ryoshun Rei wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:17 pm
-Are you troubled by strange noises in the night?
-Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?
-Have you or your family actually seen a spook, specter or ghost?
Was this:

https://youtu.be/mKwh04yGB2M
Oh good! Just the people I need to deal with Granny!
If you're seeing things running through your head...
Hisomu Fumi
Spider Clan * Bushi
Status 1.0* Glory 1.0 * Honor: Untrustworthy
Carries: parchment and charcoal, medicine kit sometimes followed by a cat named Sho

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:38 pm

Subject: [D1, LE] The Wedding Reception (Open, Event)
Hantei Genji wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm
Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:48 pm

"Hantei-sama is too generous." Kogi's brows arch in amusement. "When Lady Doji's own daughters are here wearing clothes of their mother's design? I could never presume. " She fiddles with her own fan a bit more as she glances across the room in the bride's direction, flicking it partially open and then sliding it mostly closed again. "To each his own... though if this cold snap carries on, the wind's caress might not be so appealing later tonight."
"Hm...true. I guess I'll have to look for a different caress if it gets too cold." He replied with a wide smile.

Wait. No. Not that way.

Should i say something? Retract? Does it make it more awkward? Less?

"I am sure your clothes are magnificent even next to Lady Doji's craftsmanship. Hers is divine, while yours is...." He gestured at the pile of red silk. "Pretty."
I've raised a monster.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 pm

Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:10 pm

Bayushi Kogi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:33 pm
A wildcat padded into the dojo.

An old-fashioned dance mask in a style reminiscent of the old tribes completely hid the "cat's" real face, and androgynously slim black robes covered their body. It was quite hard to guess whom this might be (TN 35 :? ). Unfortunately, the cat spoiled their striking entrance somewhat by clumsily knocking the first sake cup they reached for off of the table... wait, unless that was an intentional part of getting into character?

Rather than reach for a second cup, Kogi gave that up as a bad idea. She wasn't at all sure how she would have drunk anything in her cat mask, anyway; unlike her habitual veil, she couldn't very well have slipped the cup underneath without taking it off.

The mask's limits on her peripheral vision, which already foiled her attempt to act smooth at the drinks table, make her a little nervous about joining the dance. But it would be even more conspicuous not to join, so she gives it her best, and that turns out to be... adequate. Strategically, she positions herself nearby another dancer whose skill level seems to be about the same as her own--and then realizes he looks familiar!

[Dance with... Genji! :D ]

--
METHOD ACTING!!!
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:19 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:13 am
(posting with permission from Yuzuru)

Having requested a meeting with her uncle Yuzuru, Satsuki waited nervously to meet with him, under careful watch of a guard. She was family, but she understood that precautions had to be made... her parents had been protective of her and her brothers too, so it was probably the same here. No weapons were carried with her here.

Relax. Relax. Mother speaks so highly of him, I'm sure it will go find. Remember to bow... wait, how can he tell I'm bowing if he's blind?!
Many have wondered the same. Yet, he somehow does.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 2 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:03 am

Shosuro wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:38 am
"... That can be difficult. I try to take my time observing when I need to be absolutely sure that what I'm cutting is what should be cut," she said thoughtfully. "There's always a risk of potentially misdiagnosing the illness, so there's a balancing act of risk and urgency."
Master Willow approves.
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Why does this:
Yuzuru wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:10 pm
The Fox gave the Crane an imperious look, and then nudged the stick out from under his tail.
Reminds me of this
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Bayushi Kogi

Post by Bayushi Kogi » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:42 pm

This did make me grin.
Makime Ayano wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:37 pm
Regardless of her failure to think of a particularly good blend, the young Lioness gave an impassioned speech worth of Lord Ikoma himself. Though Lord Ikoma would face palmed to hear someone speak of the tea being superior to wine, likely while wondering what was wrong with the poor girl.
I imagine Ayano's family inspires Ikoma to a fair bit of face-palming, though. He's probably used to it?
Scorpion ▪ Emissary (proto-courtier) ▪ Veiled
Glory: 2 ▪ Status: 2 ▪ Honor: Untrustworthy ▪ Description
Accoutrements: Extravagant clothing, veils, kanazashi and jewelry, fan, small sheaf of writing paper, etc.
Sometimes: Koto, medical kit, or daisho.
是藥三分毒

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:31 pm

viewtopic.php?p=8253#p8253
^Dear Mother would be so proud, if she actually could decipher those are Genji's.

TN to be recognized is 0

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:31 pm

Hantei Genji wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:25 pm
Akodo Kawauso wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:36 pm

Kawauso looks down, regretting the trap. Perhaps the feistiness that led to her little trick was a passing function of the Scorpion wine.

"No, Hantei-sama, no apology needed. If one is not recognized from a masked ball, it is a high compliment on the quality of their mask, right?" The Lion gives an amused but genuine smile.
"Certainly, in a way. Hm, then I apologize for apologizing?" Genji still seemed to be cavalier about it. "Speaking of which, you did promise me to show me your craft sometime, neh?"
Is that a euphemism?
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:58 pm

This got me.

Subject: D4EE Player Event: Sumai
Makime Ayano wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:54 pm
With her clanmate out their performing in the...event, Ayano suddenly felt the need to say something. But she had nothing really in mind. What does one say in these things?

Suddenly inspiration: WWID - What Would (Lord) Ikoma Do.

“THAT’S IT AKODO-SAN PUNCH THEIR F***ING FACE IN! BEAT THEIR A**! BREAK THEIR F***ING LEGS, BOTH OF THEM! NO MERCY FOR THOSE WHO OPPOSE YOU! TELL THEM YOU WON’T STOP UNTIL ONE OF YOU SCREAMS YOUR MOTHER’S NAME AND THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR MOTHER’S NAME! LEAVE NO SURVIVORS! KILL LIONESS KILL!”

In hindsight Ikoma’s teachings on battlefield motivation were always going to be poorly received at an event like this.

----------------
Attempt to cheer Akodo Kawauso.

Sincerity/STR. VP spent for 1k1. Glory to the Lion . TN 20: 5d10o10k3 12 - Failed. Lose a point Kawauso (sorry :( )
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:26 pm

Everything about this makes me happy.
Wh'rr'kk wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:55 pm
Theo/Int w/ name TN 20: 7d10o10k6 32
+1 Record Point
Med/Name Tn 25 name for skill: 4d10o10k3 23
Fail
Lore Nezumi Culture/Int TN 25: 10d10o10k7 47
+1 Record point

(Birb Authorize alternate rolls)

Wh'rr'kk is in attendance, and he has brought a small Bonsai tree that he prepared earlier in the court. As sensei and the Emperor talks he diligently begins making additional cuts and gnawing on the tree, turning it into a memory stick and recording the entire conversation for future Nezumi generations.

+2 Record Points Total
+2 Influence Points
+1 Bonsai Memory Stick of the Tao
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:59 am

Subject: Draw Lot play (6LE, player event)
Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:52 am
Theatre? No...Draw lot play? Yes!

Zhe walked up to the kabuto with Shu tucked in his kimono and leaned in to draw his role but, at the last instant, his red panda launched forward and grabbed the pieces of paper for itself

Dragon and panda stared at each other for a moment

''You picked them, you play them'' came as the dragon's reply

Behold princess Shu!
-----
Shu Adjective: 1d10 3 Naive
Shu noun: 1d10 10 Princess

NOW WE KNOW WHO IS THE PRETTIEST PRINCESS IN ALL OF ROKUGAN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:04 am

Finally a match worthy of Genji-kun!

TN to be recognized is 0

Chai Kotsume

Post by Chai Kotsume » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 am

:lol: :lol: my my that will be fantastic hahahahah

Just wondering... Will the red panda roll? XD
Ki-Rin * Bushi * Trusting * Riverside Patrol/ Yoriki?
Status
: 1 * Honour: What is expected * Glory: 2

Animal trainer * Otter fisher * River peoples represent!
Often with: Saen (Dark brown otter), Uen (Light brown otter), Chuuen (Walnut-coloured otter cub), Ryuusui (Pony)
Carries: Nage-yari or Tonfa (if allowed), travelling clothes or kimono-like gi, basket with otters, food for critters.
Battle-ready: Above plus Yari, Light Armour.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:04 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:26 pm
Somewhere in the Empire, the poor etiquette teacher who felt that Satsuki was making progress, wept at the carte blanche the princess was given now in not apologizing.

"I will take your words to heart," she said with a firm nod, then continue to listen to Kinsen.

"Hero--- ah, as patrons for the Order and each specific temple, you mean?"

At that, she heard the rapping at the door. And she looked to Kinsen - this was, in a way, her home.
Okay, that first sentence gave me an irl laugh.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:53 am

Shiba wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:44 am
Shiba turned dramatically to Sasori. "We are discovered, all because of your and your potatoes! Damn your eyes!"

Did the very Son of Heaven himself just make a terrible potato joke? Yes. Yes, he did.

Satsuki always knew her uncles were silly, but maaaaaan. :lol:
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Otomo Gusai

Post by Otomo Gusai » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:41 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:33 am
The scholar hurled the... sock at the Deceitful Fisherman.

"That's for Mother's soup recipe!"
I catch a whiff of Choudai, here.
Otomo Gusai
Experienced * Stag Clan * Admiral * Missing Eye * Discoverer of New Lands
Status 4.0* Glory 3.0 * Honor Untrustworthy

Current Influence: 0
Available for private parties