Player Events

Yuzuru

Re: Player Events

Post by Yuzuru » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:15 pm

Please don't be overly disappointed if the Consort does not attend your event. Birb has given me free will to pick and choose those that I do attend and I'll be judging on theme and creative effort put into such things as well as how well they meet Yuzuru's tastes.
Imperial Consort * Shugenja * Blind * Seer * Prophet * Daimyo * Touched * Ayakashi

Glory 4.0 * Status 9.9 * Honour As expected

Accompanied by Hsieh-Hsieh Image

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 pm

The Ongaku will be happy to provide a vocalist/storyteller for any events - and would be interested in helping facilitate the recording of any important events or inventions which need to be distributed among the Imperial Libraries.

Also, if there happen to be any important happenings in this court, we hope to record them for future generations.
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 pm

Ongaku Masanori wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 pm
The Ongaku will be happy to provide a vocalist/storyteller for any events - and would be interested in helping facilitate the recording of any important events or inventions which need to be distributed among the Imperial Libraries.

Also, if there happen to be any important happenings in this court, we hope to record them for future generations.
Are you planning to run your own event?
Fabulous Princess | WAP | Tall | Dreadlocks | Dark Skin | White Raven
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Ongaku Masanori

Post by Ongaku Masanori » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:13 pm

Doji Dojihime wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 pm
Ongaku Masanori wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Are you planning to run your own event?
If nobody else is already planning similar activities, but if they are, I'd prefer not to step on their toes. Originally I planned to put on a festival show, but it sounds like some of these sorts of things are already happening, so I'm happy to instead lend my skills to any such events instead.

If nobody is doing anything similar, however, the Ongaku duty includes collected the latest cultural, technological, or religious teachings and spreading them about the clans, so I was thinking I'd host a day toward the tail end of court to record the happenings, along with anything which other players wished to add to the Imperial collections.
Imperial :: Ongaku :: Courier :: Horned :: Voice :: Sage
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Tanto, ceremonial attire, calligraphy kit, sake cup.
Profile :: Theme

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:15 pm

Well you can do that any day, just remember specific Player Events for points can only happen on one of four days without a GM event. Which is why I am asking if you are just planning to have a thread and not for that purpose you really don't have to coordinate with us.

Edit: I will make a new thread to coordinate once we get some clarifications.
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Fabulous Clothing, Fashionable Things, White Raven, Blue Courtier's Fan

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki » Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Days that can host player events:
Day 2
Day 4
Day 6
Day 7

Each day has 6 timeslots available for Events to be hosted (Early/Late Morning, Afternoon, Evening). Not counting Night-slots as peope are usually asleep then and is a wash for most purposes.

This leaves a total of 24 Timeslots to be distributed for Player Events.

This means all clans (plus Imperials, Monks, and Ratlings) get one each (12 factions) at least. This leaves 12 slots open for distribution to individual efforts/teamups.

I, personally, would be most fine if the rules of gaining Influence were detached from Player Hosted events, as it makes for less player disappointment and possible grievances over time-slot coordinations, and we can instead focus on fun RP opportunities. <3
Dragon • Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 3.0 🐉 Glory: 2.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver (on occassion), scrolls, jade bracelet, Guqin (on occassion).

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 29, 2021 7:52 pm

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm
I, personally, would be most fine if the rules of gaining Influence were detached from Player Hosted events, as it makes for less player disappointment and possible grievances over time-slot coordinations, and we can instead focus on fun RP opportunities. <3
Motion seconded.

Plus, on an RP front, it means a player is not penalizing their faction by snubbing something hosted by people they want to snub. :twisted:
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme
Current Influence: All gone!

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Reiko Machiko

Post by Reiko Machiko » Sun May 30, 2021 9:32 am

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm
Where's the like button?

I agree and support this
Spider Clan * Crafter * Librarian * Smart * Diplomat? * Medic? * Can be nice, doesn't want to * Profile
Carries: Daisho, Chopsticks, parchment and charcoal, Medicine kit (sometimes)

Doji Dojihime

Post by Doji Dojihime » Sun May 30, 2021 3:59 pm

Assuming there is no change I made an official tracking thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=133

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun May 30, 2021 4:21 pm

As for Gusai’s event (Low Status). We have a new format agreed. It will be a Sumai Tournament (with an afterparty). I would consider Day 4 evening.
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Hisomu Susumu

Post by Hisomu Susumu » Sun May 30, 2021 4:43 pm

I have a footrace event that I'm proposing
Spider | Bushi...and Courtier? Nani?!? | "Representative" of the Brood (Ninube and Reo's kids) | Surprisingly high ranked
Carries: Daisho, Yumi, Sturdy Clothing, Light Armor, Straw Cloak

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru » Sun May 30, 2021 4:48 pm

I do think that if events and influence weren't linked, people would still do them, it would just be a lot less pressure on everyone. Which would be good! As is, I'm worried it'll be a lot of work for players and GMs alike.
Crane Clan * Loyal Retainer * Questing Samurai * Dangerous Beauty * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer

Ryoshun Yua

Post by Ryoshun Yua » Sun May 30, 2021 5:23 pm

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:48 pm
I do think that if events and influence weren't linked, people would still do them, it would just be a lot less pressure on everyone. Which would be good! As is, I'm worried it'll be a lot of work for players and GMs alike.
I'm personally in the 'does not have the spoons to mess with that stress' camp. Any events I might organize will be non-influence (and probably not on the crowded events-for-influence days). I know it's a winter court, but I'm staying clear of the additional ooc stress there.
Bat Clan * Small * Void * Talks to the Air * This Driver Stops for Omens

Carries: Knives, incense, iron chopsticks

Doji Tsubaki

Post by Doji Tsubaki » Sun May 30, 2021 7:00 pm

For those looking for a venue (and thus a co-host) the Camellia House would be available for appropriate events.

As an official event or otherwise Tsubaki will likely host a tea matching game at some point. (Similar to the incense matching games of Winter Courts future).
Shadowlands • Harbinger • Sweet Dreams are Made of These
Escándalo: ∞

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun May 30, 2021 7:05 pm

Looking forward for the tea event! :)
Stag • Mom • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Nails • Golden • Hearts • Yuki-onna
DescriptionTheme • Honor: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.3 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Daisho, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 30, 2021 7:12 pm

As an unofficial event, Sora will probably be telling old war stories at some point, possibly with a Q&A for the youngsters who don't remember a time before the Kami. Maybe with a couple of other codgers ( ;) ) like Nozomi or Kinsen

With only two Imperial PCs, and the whole Court basically being Imperial-run, I'm hesitant to try to claim more- and with my character being both married and substantially older than most of the rest present (and hardly a social butterfly at the best of times), I'm a little light on stuff he'd actually consider worth hosting. :P
ImperialAssassin and former Babysitter • Experienced 2 • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Probably Older Than You • Librarian • Literally Went to Hell One Time

Current Theme

Wears: Relatively simple kimono in Imperial colors most of the time, although he has armor handy if things look dicey.
Carries: A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, and some dried flower petals.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Sun May 30, 2021 7:18 pm

*would enjoy participate, but doesn’t want to be a “codger”*

How interesting.

*shivers at the thought*

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 30, 2021 7:28 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:18 pm
*would enjoy participate, but doesn’t want to be a “codger”*
That ship has sailed, obachan.

Current Theme

Bayushi Sasori

Post by Bayushi Sasori » Sun May 30, 2021 7:46 pm

As I said before I might plan an art exhibition for the artists in the group.
☆Scorpion ☆Courtier ☆Dangerous Beauty ☆Bland ☆Silent ☆Fan girl
Carries: fan, cat mask, warfan
Followed by: Shino (black cat)

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun May 30, 2021 7:47 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:12 pm
As an unofficial event, Sora will probably be telling old war stories at some point, possibly with a Q&A for the youngsters who don't remember a time before the Kami. Maybe with a couple of other codgers ( ;) ) like Nozomi or Kinsen

With only two Imperial PCs, and the whole Court basically being Imperial-run, I'm hesitant to try to claim more- and with my character being both married and substantially older than most of the rest present (and hardly a social butterfly at the best of times), I'm a little light on stuff he'd actually consider worth hosting. :P
*barks a laugh* Making it a storytelling session could be a pretty good idea. Nozomi's usually down for telling old war stories (though if they want to tell them about Phi's, that one's on Sora. She'll be telling everyone else's stories, hehe.). He can call her a codger all he wants. She'll be calling him old man after all.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0, Current Influence - 4
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Accompanied By: Her daughter, Mayumi (14)
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")